Rip Ride Rockit Construction Photos

Thanks for all the great pics! I just received an email about the website and now my boys are so excited about it!

Anyone know what the height restriction will be?
Not sure but since there are no inversions, I would think the restrictions will be the same on the HR3 as RoTM...which is 48 inches. That's strictly a guess though.

Not sure but since there are no inversions, I would think the restrictions will be the same on the HR3 as RoTM...which is 48 inches. That's strictly a guess though.

I read 51 inches somewhere official, but I can't remember where, I will see if I can find the link

Woot found it, it was right on the Universal site

http://www.universalorlando.com/the...do/attractions/hollywood-rip-ride-rockit.html

Thanks! My boys will both be so excited because they will be able to ride it (51" and 53") :banana:

As of right now the height requirement is 51" (recommended by manufacturer). That is subject to change at Universal's discretion.

Also from what I have recently heard Rockit will have a load system similar to an omnimover (continually moving with moving belt on the side of track)

Well the coaster will only be utilizing a lapbar, and so it'll be a quick check, but once the train is checked, the loaders will signal the train somehow to send it onto the lifthill. If the train does not get that signal from the loader, it will stop before entering the lifthill.

No inversions...so there are no shoulder harnesses.

What kind of loop are they referencing on the website with this description?

Features six near-miss moments and first-ever thrills including a record-breaking loop

No matter what it is, we are all so excited to get to ride it!

What kind of loop are they referencing on the website with this description?

Features six near-miss moments and first-ever thrills including a record-breaking loop

No matter what it is, we are all so excited to get to ride it!

You will begin on the inside of the loop, change to the outside and then go back on the inside, thus avoiding actually going upside down.

The record breaking loop is non-inverting. As you climb the loop the track twists so you ride the outside of the loop at the apex, then as you decend the other side of the loop you twist again so you've never been upside down entering or exiting the loop.

You will begin on the inside of the loop, change to the outside and then go back on the inside, thus avoiding actually going upside down.

The record breaking loop is non-inverting. As you climb the loop the track twists so you ride the outside of the loop at the apex, then as you decend the other side of the loop you twist again so you've never been upside down entering or exiting the loop.

Cool - thanks!

:thumbsup2

That it will be open Memorial Day weekend!:wizard: If it isn't we might have to swing down Labor day weekend! :thumbsup2

a few pics from today...

100_4426.jpg

100_4459.jpg

100_4450.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!