RIP Jungle Jim's

Jason71

Brother to pirates and corsairs...
Heard this last weekend, drove by last night and more or less confirmed: the last Jungle Jim's (in Crossroads) has closed.

Not a real shock, given the decline in food and service over the past year and the fact there was a stabbing there a few months ago. Still, it's a shame to see the end of what was once a really fun place for kids and grown-ups (and a truly unique central FL institution).

Bummer :(. I loved Tarantula Tuesdays and their burger selection. Now I'm really bummed that I did not go on my last couple of visits to WDW.

That used to be an automatic stop or two each trip for us. The last couple times I wasn't pleased and we haven't been there now in almost a year. It used to be a great place.

That's too bad! We ate there once, MANY years ago. I remember my DS (now 11) loved the little plastic giraffe that he got with his drink (if I remember correctly, he was standing in the straw!)

We also have had great times there. Both my sons did the headhunter and earned their certificte.

They were so proud and I was so scared on the way home that they would get sick in the car. Thank goodness it was a rental at least we could have turned it in. LOL

They were fine but we talk about it every so often .

Hubby and DD went there during our March 06 vacation (while I was sick with a tummy virus in our hotel.)

They will be sad to hear that news, as it was a special "Daddy - Daughter" day.

There was a Jungle Jim's in Daytona at one time. Anyone know if it's still open?

Long gone--closed maybe a decade ago? The one downtown near Church St. Station closed probably 3 or 4 year ago (soon after Church St. Station itself), and the Merrit Island one is gone as well. This was the last of the chain (kind of like the recently closed Pebbles, also in Crossroads, was the last of 4 or 5 at one time).

We where there last July, not really surprised, the food and service was the worst i had in 3 weeks in Orlando.

Too bad, that was a good alternative to the high prices of WDW. Maybe something else will open up in that spot.

There was a gang shooting/stabbing there while we were at the World back in October. Not a place I would want to take my kid. It was stated on the news that the restaurant was struggling as the nighttime crowd had changed.

I am shocked.... DH and I just ate there during Christmas week. Sure would like another piece of Coconut Bread. Anyone have the recipe?

It's too bad. We ate there a few times and my kids always loved it. My son, who is now 14, always said he was going to try one of those huge triple decker burgers with the knife in the middle someday. They always loved the little animals on the drinks.

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest