RIP Coolio

Oh man - he was one of the few rappers I really liked. His stuff was unique. RIP, man.

Reactions: cm8
That's too bad. So young.

I remember when he was mad at Weird Al for his parody Amish Paradise. Turns out, he owned being wrong. He even said Al's song was hilarious (it was). Takes a big man to publicly come out and say he was being ridiculous. Made me like Coolio even more.

RIP

RIP Coolio!

00d798981807f2655fcb11601801d250

Absolutely adored him as a person and as a musician. He WAS my teenage-hood. So sad by his passing :(

I don't care for that style of music in general, but dang, that was a good song (Gangsta's Paradise). Too young, may he rest in peace.

That's too bad. So young.

I remember when he was mad at Weird Al for his parody Amish Paradise. Turns out, he owned being wrong. He even said Al's song was hilarious (it was). Takes a big man to publicly come out and say he was being ridiculous. Made me like Coolio even more.

RIP
Weird Al posted a photo of him with Coolio on Twitter. According to an article I read when Coolio found out that Michael Jackson wasn't upset by his parody song he decided he shouldn't be mad too.

So sad. We just saw him perform in Chicago less than two weeks ago and he still put on a good show, even at his age and so many years after his hits. Even DD14, who really only knew Gangsta's Paradise and probably knew more of the other rappers he dedicated C U When U Get There to than of Coolio himself, was into it.

Weird Al posted a photo of him with Coolio on Twitter. According to an article I read when Coolio found out that Michael Jackson wasn't upset by his parody song he decided he shouldn't be mad too.

Yeah, there was definitely a misunderstanding between the record label, Coolio and Weird Al as Al always wants to get permission from the artists directly. Coolio declined, but the record label didn't, and that led to confusion over it. Coolio totally owned that it was a mistake for him to try to decline the song anyway, and he and Al were fine with it later on. It's actually quite an honor to be parodied by Weird Al!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!