Ring dress on a southwest flight

Princesspixi

Mouseketeer
does anyone have any experience bringing their dress aboard a southwest flight? We’re doing a park shoot on our mini moon in a few weeks and i am just now thinking how to get my gown there. I don’t want to check it and I read that they don’t have closets onboard. If anyone has any tips/suggestions or experience I’d appreciate it! Thanks

I placed my dress in the overhead bin. We upgraded our seats at the gate and were one of the first to board the plane. Southwest was more than happy to help us out.

From when I recall, nobody placed anything on top of my dress (ball gown) and I simply carried it into the bathroom once we arrived at the GF and hung it on the shower curtain rod, turned on the hot water, and steamed the wrinkles out in a matter of an hour. My park shoot pick up time was... 6 am maybe... and I let the dress hang in the bathroom overnight and after I showered until my MUA arrived. We did purchase a hand held steamer, and took it with us, but not once have we used it.

I placed my dress in the overhead bin. We upgraded our seats at the gate and were one of the first to board the plane. Southwest was more than happy to help us out.

From when I recall, nobody placed anything on top of my dress (ball gown) and I simply carried it into the bathroom once we arrived at the GF and hung it on the shower curtain rod, turned on the hot water, and steamed the wrinkles out in a matter of an hour. My park shoot pick up time was... 6 am maybe... and I let the dress hang in the bathroom overnight and after I showered until my MUA arrived. We did purchase a hand held steamer, and took it with us, but not once have we used it.
Thanks! This makes me feel a little better. I don’t know if we’ll be able to upgrade our seats though. Hopefully we get an early boarding number *fingers crossed*

When I googled your question, I saw advice to bring your dress in a garment bag and to board last, so you can place your dress on top of the other carry-on luggage.

Believe it or not, my seamstress helped me pack my dress in a structured rolling duffle bag (the rounded shape of it helped). We padded the bodice and she carefully folded the skirt onto itself and rolled it up! Just wanted to throw it out as an idea.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter