Ridley Pearson announces Kingdom Keepers online game

bluecruiser

DIS Veteran
Ridley Pearson, the author of the Kingdom Keepers book series, posted the following on his blog:

Sep 21, 2009
Web site/game in the works
It's official: Design is to begin on a Kingdom Keepers website and online game!

Update posted today:
Sep 24, 2009
Game
Amazing conference call with the creators of the upcoming KK website and on-line game yesterday. VERY creative team with lots of terrific ideas. It's all still in the early phases, so no secrets to reveal, but what they are aiming for sounds fantastic. Should know much more by the end of the month.

There also seems room to make the site itself filled with interesting treats. If we recover the video of Wayne and Finn on video chat, for instance, we can post it there. This is getting good!
posted by Ridley

one to watch but... not counting on anything :rotfl:

he also posted a fake blog entry saying vmk woud be reopening around the timing of kk2 (it was actually his child I think)

It may have just been a mistake, but the timing was not good

he also posted a fake blog entry saying vmk woud be reopening around the timing of kk2 (it was actually his child I think)
It may have just been a mistake, but the timing was not good

He got the rumor (which we all know turned out to be false) from his connections at Disney.

Originally posted on Ridley's blog Friday, May 23, 2008 at 1:28 PM:
VMK
I've just heard that VMK is to remain open until Halloween.
GOOD WORK EVERYONE!!

That message was deleted and replaced by the following message from Ridley at 8:56 PM the same day:
VMK rumors
There are rumors circulating about VMK possibly being extended (for long time users) for a few months longer. I can't confirm anything at this time, but keep your fingers crossed.

The above post was deleted as well, but screen caps of the both blog posts can be found at http://www.vmkforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2019521&postcount=75.

On Sunday, May 25, 2008 at 4:55 PM Ridley posted:
False VMK
I'm now told by my "insider" that indeed it may be only a rumor (about VMK). Sad, because my "source" of the rumor was another top insider. But alas, I'm afraid VMK is gone. I'm disappointed too....

This post was deleted as well, but a screen cap can be found at http://www.vmkforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2021392&postcount=167.

FYI, I'm the person who posted the screen caps in the links above, so I can vouch for their veracity - I grabbed them on the days of those posts, and they were not photo-shopped.

I have faith in Ridley Pearson, *** he was a VMK fan too, so he understands. I hope it's as much like VMK as possible.

Updates from Ridley's Twitter account today:

@Swimmingneno the new KK game should be on-line around the end of March, first of April... but I can't be exact yet...
about 3 hours ago from web in reply to Swimmingneno

Beta testing for the new KK game is an interesting idea... if anything like that comes up, I'll be sure to notify you.
about 3 hours ago from web

Updates yesterday from Ridley Pearson's Twitter:

Disney and I will be shooting video for the website and the release of KK3 in WDW late next week. Keep an eye out. We'll be everywhere.

Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Disney Hollywood, Thurs and Friday - with a crew of 8 dragging gear around...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter