Ridiculous Epcot security

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't see them having two separate security checkpoints for a single entrance.

They created it for MK. 6 actually.

1 at CR, 1 at Poly, 1 at GF, 1 at T&T, 1 for buses and small boats and 1 for walkway to CR.

And this would just be spreading out the security for Epcot which as I mentioned, they already do at times. It would be a constant 2 station vs 1 larger constant and 1 temp for mornings or busy times. It's not that big of a change at all.

Already buying shorts and shirts with pockets for our May trip. Have lanyards for water bottles. I have carry sack that folds up in my pocket that stuff in my pockets will be moved to after security.
I pick security lines with fewest strollers. I wish they would have stroller only lines

Great tip about carry sack folded up in picket. Will be using this idea in a few weeks.

So sorry that guest safety was annoying to you...... not

Listen the pulse nightclub shooter targeted Disney first. Their security was the resason he moved to a softer target.

They are doing their job.

Yup, people will complain about pretty much anything.

Disney itself is always a high security risk by the sheer number of people there. Claiming a security line is a security risk is hyperbole, IMO. It's no more or less of a risk than pretty much anything else.

I actually agree that they need to rethink the EPCOT set up, we were there earlier in Dec and it was a mess, but I will say that was the first time I would have labelled it "ridiculous," so a pretty good track record I suppose. I don't think many people think they need to remove security, quite the opposite, they need "more" manpower there, or more machines to heighten efficiency during peak influx.

As to the chit-chat, that is actually a fantastic way to pick out people to screen extra close or to even notify other security to monitor the individual, if one is trained to do so.

I don't carry any bag to avoid these lines. Unfortunately people don't seem to understand what "no bags" means--we got held up at the Epcot no bag entrance for a stroller with multiple bags being searched ahead of us. Sigh.

So sorry that guest safety was annoying to you...... not

Listen the pulse nightclub shooter targeted Disney first. Their security was the resason he moved to a softer target.

They are doing their job.
According to court records he thought about downtown Disney but was scared off after seeing a security guard. It had nothing to do with bag check lines or the parks. Also given that the club also had armed security I don't see how it can be considered a softer target.

Just went through Epcot security this evening. I carry a small cinch backpack with a water bottle, epi pen, long sleeve t-shirt, and sunglasses in a case.

I understand the need for bag checks, but here’s the part I don’t love: The security guard pulled everything out of my bag and opened my sunglasses case. The sunglasses are brand new RayBan prescription sunglasses...not cheap. The security guard opened the case, handled the sunglasses by the lenses with ungloved hands, and when she put them back in the case she didn’t put them all the way in and snapped them shut with the lenses partially still out of the case. Drove me a little crazy because I always take really good care of them and handle them way more gently than she did.

For sanitary reasons I don’t love the security guards handling my water bottle, epi pen, and glasses after they’ve touched everyone else’s stuff. It’s just kinda yuck.

I wish it was more like the airport so they didn’t need to rummage through everything.

And, this is my 5th day here and it was the first time a security guard opened my sunglasses case even though I’ve had them in my bag every day. Why does one guard check them but not others?

The double bag check for monorail resorts is why we now take Uber to the international gateway entrance at Epcot. The bag check lines at the front of Epcot in the morning can be ridiculously long.

Just IMO, but a minor issue and a seriously first world problem. The security line during the busiest week of the entire year at the busiest tourist attraction in the USA can get a bit long, but it is what it is.

Yeah, but when you are paying to stay at the GF, they should have a better system!!! No one said it is a first world problems but when people are paying a lot of money to stay at the GF and have a limited time at WDW, it is a major inconvenience. I understand the OP's frustration!

Just IMO, but a minor issue and a seriously first world problem. The security line during the busiest week of the entire year at the busiest tourist attraction in the USA can get a bit long, but it is what it is.

Also, remember, a lot of us go to WDW numerous times but some people spend ALOT of money and go on a once in a lifetime trip, so for many of us, it's no big deal BUT to tell the OP to just "deal with it", you may not know their situation.

I can't see them having two separate security checkpoints for a single entrance.

They do at MK. There’s security for those getting off busses, security for those coming from the Contemporary, security for those coming off resort boats. Plus those pre-screened for the monorail.

Yeah & doubled when you stay on a monorail resort that you actually pay more for.

I drove every day I was there in Sept and I don't remember going thru screening at TTC

It’s after you get off the tram, before the monorail. We stayed at the Poly and had to go through it to get on the monorail to Epcot.

It's difficult there, because the monorail ramp empties into the same walkway as the people coming from the buses/taxis/offsite buses, and right before the people getting off the parking lot trams. I understand that they are going to be redesigning the epcot entrance, but it's going to be a few years.
They could fix that by moving the security check points before the ramp exit like they have at MK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter