Ridemax tentatively removing BTMRR FP from disconnected status

ArchOwl

The Highly Educated Owl
Ridemax just updated their Facebook page and Recent Updates page to say that BTMRR FP might not be disconnected today. Apparently they had reports from someone in the park that BTMRR FP was connected today. This has not been confirmed by Ridemax at this time, so if someone is in the parks who can confirm/deny this, that would be helpful.

I will be in the parks on NYE, so will try to confirm at that time.

Ridemax just updated their Facebook page and Recent Updates page to say that BTMRR FP might not be disconnected today. Apparently they had reports from someone in the park that BTMRR FP was connected today. This has not been confirmed by Ridemax at this time, so if someone is in the parks who can confirm/deny this, that would be helpful.

I will be in the parks on NYE, so will try to confirm at that time.

Jiminy Cricket! Yes please let me know lol. I haven't had a chance to use it since it became DISconnected yet lol!

Hmmm...interesting that it was connected yesterday. Anyone with new information, please let us know!

ETA: Ridemax now reporting that Roger Rabbit and BTMRR are both connected as of yesterday, continuing into today.

i dont know if this helps ,we were in the parks dec 12-16th and used fastpass when we road big thunder

It will be very interesting to see if this changes back after New Year's. I wouldn't be surprised if they did this because the parks are so insanely busy. On regular days, Roger Rabbit and BTMRR FPs probably won't run out, so there's no harm in disconnecting them then.

Kind of harsh for the people who are "in the know" but didn't check in yesterday or today...how annoying would it be to get a Roger Rabbit FP, only to find you can't get another FP anywhere for 2 hours!

Kind of harsh for the people who are "in the know" but didn't check in yesterday or today...how annoying would it be to get a Roger Rabbit FP, only to find you can't get another FP anywhere for 2 hours!

Agreed, but as an "in the know" person who always worries that stuff can change at any time, I would never get my Roger Rabbit FP first. :lmao:

Agreed, but as an "in the know" person who always worries that stuff can change at any time, I would never get my Roger Rabbit FP first. :lmao:

:rotfl:

Of course not, but if you got your 8 AM and 8:50 AM FPs and maybe even a 10:30 or 11 AM FP (given how busy the parks were) and then hopped over to Toontown and got a Roger Rabbit FP, thinking it was disconnected...with how busy the parks were, that may have unexpectedly been your last FP of the day! :headache:

The week before Christmas to New Year's are the only couple weeks of the year when I start thinking "I wish I were in Disneyland...wait...no I don't." :rotfl:

Been at the parks since NYE and BTMRR has been connected to the system through today. Will check tomorrow and update. Parks are very busy and I miss the "freebie" FPs. :)

BTMRR continued to be connected today. I forgot to add earlier that Roger Rabbit was still disconnected.

I don't think that Roger Rabbit will ever be "connected", and the reason has nothing to do with the ride's popularity or crowds. For those who have laid category 5 cable ... that would be a heck of a job.

UPDATE: Again .. take with a grain of salt .. but someone who supposedly "knows" has written elsewhere that Roger Rabbit was on the park-wide FastPass system from the start, and the decision was made to limit its use as with other Fastpass rides.
------
Eh ... I don't see the logic in it .. the RR FP line has never been long when I've been by ... so what does Disney think it's gaining?

I don't think that Roger Rabbit will ever be "connected", and the reason has nothing to do with the ride's popularity or crowds. For those who have laid category 5 cable ... that would be a heck of a job.

That's funny, Ridemax was reporting that Roger Rabbit was connected on December 29th. However, I don't think they confirmed it, but rather were passing along information from a guest.

They could always just use WiFi.

I can confirm that Roger Rabbit was connected on 12/28. I was there, couldn't get a FP because I was already holding one for HM. Never checked it after that.

Big Thunder was disconnected on 12/28, then connected on 12/29. Don't know about 12/30.

Any update on this? Heading up there this weekend, curious if it was only for the heavy New Years weekend or is now back to being connected?

BC

***If it is still connected by the time we go, I'll update when we go this weekend.***

It was connected when I tried to get a FP yesterday (Jan. 7). It spit out the invalid FP which notified me I was currently holding a FP for Star Tours. Oh well, it was nice while it lasted.

Anybody else? I'll be there tomorrow to update, but this certainly impacts my plans.

BC

No info for you, but I'll be there in a few weeks, and am definitely wondering, so keep us updated. Total bummer if it's still connected - I had a really great time with it not being.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter