Reunion Station Closed at Wilderness Lodge

I wonder if they could make it CL if they added more rooms to CCV from the hotel side?

Similar to what they did with the treehouses at SSR?

But then pay for services didn’t work so I doubt we’d see that back.

I wonder if they could make it CL if they added more rooms to CCV from the hotel side?

Similar to what they did with the treehouses at SSR?

But then pay for services didn’t work so I doubt we’d see that back.

If they were to add more rooms to CCV from the hotel side for club level, it would probably make sense for them to use the existing hotel club level amenities instead of creating another one at Reunion Station.

How did it work with contract length with them adding treehouses at SSR?

If they were to add more rooms to CCV from the hotel side for club level, it would probably make sense for them to use the existing hotel club level amenities instead of creating another one at Reunion Station.

How did it work with contract length with them adding treehouses at SSR?

They were added and it was same contract with length. Just additional rooms added.

You are right. I didn’t even think about the hotel CL. Yeah..that would make more sense if they were ever to do it.

They were added and it was same contract with length. Just additional rooms added.

You are right. I didn’t even think about the hotel CL. Yeah..that would make more sense if they were ever to do it.
It could be possible - it was easy at the treehouses at SSR as if I remember correctly they were still selling it at the time and the original SSR points had not sold out. At the moment CCV is in the same situation. Although it would be good, I just can not see it happening - right now Disney need to push RR. If times were better it might have been a possibility but I think it would be a few years before Disney will add or convert any inventory and by that time it is likely that CCV will have sold out making it harder to go and add more rooms. I might be wrong but was Jambo DVC not similar to the Treehouses as well?

I would WHOLE HEARTEDLY be in favor of a switch to club level access for dvc at copper creek/boulder ridge. They did do something like this before though so I don't know if they would do it again - even if they tweak it:

Beyond the workshops, Reunion Station will serve as a food-and-beverage-inclusive lounge available as an add-on option for Members staying in any Disney Vacation Club accommodation type at Boulder Ridge Villas or Copper Creek Villas & Cabins at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge. Members who add this option (priced at $50 a night for adults and $33 a night for kids ages 3-9) to their vacation will enjoy pastries, fruits, cereals, juices and more from 7-10 a.m. daily, and wine, beer, cheeses, salads, soups, desserts, crudité and more from 4-6 p.m. Note that this option is available only for the entire length of stay and for every member of the traveling party.

Source:
https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2018/03/reunion-station-reservations-begin-april-4/
I agree as well, I would rather have club level like the WL club rooms have, just not at the crazy price they had it at before would be nice. Although having CCV rooms access the current WL club level would seem easier since its already there.

I am not sure why they built reunion station. Di the Copper Creek members pay for its maintenance? If yes then they need to rework the place for members use if no then they can keep running their classes there. I wondered if the classes were there to get more people interested in dvc. The only other option is to use it as a club level, adjust point chart to add club level rooms but have the points less than AKV club level so that disney can still run classes in the afternoon there. So club level access (example in the morning until 11 then close for classes then open again from 4 to whenever for club level access again) just an idea of how they could balance the space with members and disney use. Also if they add a club level access for points that will alleviate some of the strain from the cabins

It was announced to be a community hall like they have at several other DVC resorts. But before it opened they decided to try and squeeze a few nickels out of it instead. WL already has a perfectly good Concierge level and CCV took half the rooms on that floor. It makes more sense to use that for Club. Using Reunion station for a half hearted Club level attempt was a pretty poor choice but I think this management thinks along the lines that if they open it DVC members will come no matter what. Or rather that's what they thought.

They won't do a points based CL. Rather, I would be shocked. Since AKV they have had multiple easy chances to do it - VGF, BLT, Poly would have been e-z. RIV it could have been a major sales tactic, and also e-z.

They did not.

The Club services are being provided by the hotel side at AKL. DVD does not seem to want to commit to 50 years of service at some reasonable service level, and probably fairly so. The overall points to absorb at AKV is fairly small if they had to eliminate it. Building in a reasonably sized group of units to support a lounge on their own would create potential issues.

They won't do a points based CL. Rather, I would be shocked. Since AKV they have had multiple easy chances to do it - VGF, BLT, Poly would have been e-z. RIV it could have been a major sales tactic, and also e-z.
That is a really good point - I think you are right that they just won't do it now. I think the best hope that we can have is that it reopens as a community hall - is this something that DVC is shying away from as well though as Riviara, Poly and GF didn't have one. While the other two are on the smaller side, RR is a larger resort and I was shocked when it didn't have one. The last one they kind of built was Reunion Station and the last one that is still open is BLT, but then they were too money focused I think. I also think that not enough people new it was there or what was on offer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter