Reunion Station Closed at Wilderness Lodge

I suspect that this location continued to be populated by crickets. No humans, why even leave the air conditioning on?

GREAT time to re-engineer the entire structure, and put in the SIG that should have been there in the first place.

"All personal opinion - I'm not necessarily right, no one else is necessarily wrong."

Either I am having a hard time with reading comprehension or this article is poorly written. I am not seeing where it was announced? Or what exactly was announced? Or anything?

article says - DVC closures - then talks about DVC rental deals and buying DVC incentives & then the offerings of Reunion Station. Soooo....

They should’ve stuck with the original concept, where it was basically a *free* lounge/ community center for DVC members instead of trying to squeeze every cent possible out of people by deciding to make it an add on fee

Agreed. Any chance that they may change it to a community hall? 🤞Or basically no, since there’s no incentive to do it with CCV basically sold out?

Try this article:
https://www.orlandoparksnews.com/2020/09/reunion-station-closed-until-further.html"The Walt Disney World Resort officially confirmed that effective today (Sunday, September 20), Reunion Station will no longer be operating at Disney's Wilderness Lodge and will be closed to Guest access until further notice."

I wonder if it’s temporary based on projected hotel occupancy and not being able to maintain social distancing indoors - how big of a space is it?

They should’ve stuck with the original concept, where it was basically a *free* lounge/ community center for DVC members instead of trying to squeeze every cent possible out of people by deciding to make it an add on fee
Preach!! ::yes:: ::yes:: :thanks::thanks:

I wonder if it’s temporary based on projected hotel occupancy and not being able to maintain social distancing indoors - how big of a space is it?
Is what I was wondering. This really is an opportunity to recreate the space, definitely at members request!!

On a few recent youtube vlogs i've watched of people staying at Copper Creek/Boulder Ridge Villas - they moved pin trading into Reunion Station and they had a few of the activities in there as well.

It wouldnt surprise me to see it open back up as a dedicated community hall when they're able to fully open the resort again.

On a few recent youtube vlogs i've watched of people staying at Copper Creek/Boulder Ridge Villas - they moved pin trading into Reunion Station and they had a few of the activities in there as well.

It wouldnt surprise me to see it open back up as a dedicated community hall when they're able to fully open the resort again.
Since both DVC resorts there are open, there is really no reason not to have it open as a community hall if that is what they will do with it. Boardwalk Inn is closed but the community hall is open. I doubt they will open it as a free community hall.

I took the animation class in there a couple years ago. It's a pretty small space, so it would be hard to maintain social distancing. The size also limits what they can do with the building (e.g., it doesn't seem like they can make it into a table service or quick service restaurant).

If they make it a community hall they can push costs to CC and BRV and at least not lose money on the place.

If they make it a community hall they can push costs to CC and BRV and at least not lose money on the place.
Nope. CC yes. BRV? Not in the property description. This would have to become a "shared Facility" - open to anyone, before BRV dues would be hit.

I say "demo the thing". Expand GP into what GP should have been.... a Waterfront SIG. When in a hole? Stop digging.

"All personal opinion - I'm not necessarily right, no one else is necessarily wrong."

Nope. CC yes. BRV? Not in the property description. This would have to become a "shared Facility" - open to anyone, before BRV dues would be hit.

I say "demo the thing". Expand GP into what GP should have been.... a Waterfront SIG. When in a hole? Stop digging.

No waterfront SIG......it is nice to have a reasonably priced restaurant with a beautiful view

I am not sure why they built reunion station. Di the Copper Creek members pay for its maintenance? If yes then they need to rework the place for members use if no then they can keep running their classes there. I wondered if the classes were there to get more people interested in dvc. The only other option is to use it as a club level, adjust point chart to add club level rooms but have the points less than AKV club level so that disney can still run classes in the afternoon there. So club level access (example in the morning until 11 then close for classes then open again from 4 to whenever for club level access again) just an idea of how they could balance the space with members and disney use. Also if they add a club level access for points that will alleviate some of the strain from the cabins

I am not sure why they built reunion station. Di the Copper Creek members pay for its maintenance? If yes then they need to rework the place for members use if no then they can keep running their classes there. I wondered if the classes were there to get more people interested in dvc. The only other option is to use it as a club level, adjust point chart to add club level rooms but have the points less than AKV club level so that disney can still run classes in the afternoon there. So club level access (example in the morning until 11 then close for classes then open again from 4 to whenever for club level access again) just an idea of how they could balance the space with members and disney use. Also if they add a club level access for points that will alleviate some of the strain from the cabins

I would WHOLE HEARTEDLY be in favor of a switch to club level access for dvc at copper creek/boulder ridge. They did do something like this before though so I don't know if they would do it again - even if they tweak it:

Beyond the workshops, Reunion Station will serve as a food-and-beverage-inclusive lounge available as an add-on option for Members staying in any Disney Vacation Club accommodation type at Boulder Ridge Villas or Copper Creek Villas & Cabins at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge. Members who add this option (priced at $50 a night for adults and $33 a night for kids ages 3-9) to their vacation will enjoy pastries, fruits, cereals, juices and more from 7-10 a.m. daily, and wine, beer, cheeses, salads, soups, desserts, crudité and more from 4-6 p.m. Note that this option is available only for the entire length of stay and for every member of the traveling party.

Source:
https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2018/03/reunion-station-reservations-begin-april-4/

The only other option is to use it as a club level, adjust point chart to add club level rooms but have the points less than AKV club level so that disney can still run classes in the afternoon there.

They would have to shift the points from available points. They cannot add points to the association without building new units and a lot of hoops.

My understanding is that Reunion Station is a commercial space, much as Top of the World is. It's part of the association but not paid for in dues.

I wondered if the classes were there to get more people interested in dvc.

I think that the classes were only open to existing DVC members (and their guests).

I would WHOLE HEARTEDLY be in favor of a switch to club level access for dvc at copper creek/boulder ridge. They did do something like this before though so I don't know if they would do it again - even if they tweak it:

The extra fee club level amenities at Reunion Station wasn't that popular, so they probably won't bring it back. I guess it would be different if they built it into the points like at AKL, but they wouldn't be able to do it until the current contracts are over.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter