Return to the Magic- Our Pre Trip Report

250 days to go!

When we booked, we were 480 days out from our trip, but with moving our date forward slightly, we actually have a 479 day wait... and in 10 days, we'll be half way there! The time has flown, and it'll soon be January which means PARK HOURS! Oh yes! Before that, Christmas! Hooray! :D

It worries me when it don't have them in hand, and the US are being so jumpy at the moment! Thought it was better to get then sorted and they last long enough for the 2017 trip as well :)

In other news, I'm itching for the August hours to be released (sometime this month, I think!) so I can plan my park days and think about ADRs (just over a month before we can book those!). As we're only on the QSDP we're not booking a full contingent (I couldn't eat table service every day for two weeks- so much food!), and I'm thinking booking 1 ADR per park for the two weeks, and then BOG breakfasts and lunches as we can use our QS credits for those. At the moment, my thoughts are:
MK: the new Jungle Cruise Skipper's Cantina
Epcot: breakfast at The Garden Grill
AK: lunch at Tusker House (our favourite meals from last time!)
DHS: Sci-Fi Dine-In- probably just for milkshakes! But it looks fun! :)

Hi Budgiemama! I found you on another thread and had to read your TR-- I am a budgie-mama too, I have a little guy named Kimchi! Sounds like an amazing trip you have planned... I have heard such incredible things about DLP.

Hi Budgiemama! I found you on another thread and had to read your TR-- I am a budgie-mama too, I have a little guy named Kimchi! Sounds like an amazing trip you have planned... I have heard such incredible things about DLP.

Hi! We're doing WDW, not DLP... It's so much better value, even with the stupidly expensive transatlantic flight! :) plus Florida sunshine FTW :)

I know @LanaBear-ox - I can't wait for them to release the park hours because I want to figure out where I'm going to be when! We didn't use any of the EMH last time, but I'm thinking we might use some of them, as we can park hop! :)

So, today I looked at the crowd calendars... and I got confused! I used Touring Plans, Kenny the Pirate and EasyWDW and so rarely do they agree with each other!

We didn't use any of the EMH last time, and want to take advantage of at least some of them (although I haven't really worked that into my initial plan properly, other than our first day there when we'll got to AK for their morning EMH because we'll be awake anyway! Jet lag FTW!)

This is my initial plan: I've not fleshed out details yet really. We'll probably do quite a few half days and then have half a day back at CSR or maybe pop over to Disney Springs for a little bit, but we'll probably book FP+ for every day as it seems a shame not to hit a park for some of the day whilst we're out there!

Sunday 14th August - Arrival Day- earlier arrival than last time, but no park planned (will want to use tickets on final morning!) Maybe hit Disney Springs to pick up gift card, maybe just chill at CSR (pool time, grab snacks, etc)
Monday 15th August
- Animal Kingdom (Morning EMH): probably booking a late lunch at Tusker House, then head back to CSR if tired, or more park if we're not. Not planning on seeing the evening show that day.
Tuesday 16th August - Magic Kingdom - aiming for a pre-park opening breakfast at BOG: stick around until mid afternoon then back to chill at CSR
Wednesday 17th August - Epcot - maybe a late start and stay for Illuminations. (We arrived around 30 minutes after RD last time, and actually were OK through until Illuminations, but see how we feel)
Thursday 18th August - Magic Kingdom - late start (possibly lunchtime arrival with lunch at BOG then stay until park close)
Friday 19th August - Typhoon Lagoon with possible evening hop to Epcot for a few FP+
Saturday 20th August - Hollywood Studios - RD to late afternoon
Sunday 21st August - Animal Kingdom - later arrival and stay for Rivers of Light
Monday 22nd August - Epcot - RD and late breakfast at Garden Grill
Tuesday 23rd August - Magic Kingdom - hopefully with lunch at the Jungle Skipper Cantina if ADRs are released
Wednesday 24th August - Hollywood Studios- afternoon arrival with late lunch at Sci-Fi Dine In and stay for Fantasmic (if still showing)
Thursday 25th August - Blizzard Beach with possible evening hop to Magic Kingdom for a few FP+
Friday 26th August - Animal Kingdom- late start if needed, depending on how we're feeling
Saturday 27th August - Magic Kingdom - RD, maybe an afternoon hop to Epcot
Sunday 28th August - Epcot: planning on a similar style as our final morning last time, with final FP+ at the character spot to say goodbye to Mickey and the gang! (Sob!)

Feels a lot more organised now I've just typed it all out! Hopefully, we're not going to burn ourselves out, as I'm aiming for generally only doing two "sessions" per day (morning, afternoon, evening) out of three!

I love your plans! Especially like the idea of using your final FP+ to say bye to Mickey and gang!

Seems like realistic planning, as you say not going morning,afternoon and night everyday.

Exciting!

Like the look of your plan so far! I have nothing planned at all yet!

Would recommend the EMH, we used some of them last time, although more the late night opening hours.

Good idea with the last FP+ on your last day!

Urgh... not a nice week at all here. (We lost a student to cancer yesterday).

The only good thing I can say is I am now out of the 200s, as today we are 199 days from our trip. Definitely need that positive to make my smile today.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter