Return of All Star Music

Are they working on the refurbishment while it’s closed? I could see them waiting until that is finished before reopening if they are close to being done.

We love All Stars even over POFQ that seems to be a big favorite. Their fun & lively & budget friendly & make it obvious you're at Disney & we prefer food courts over sit down dining. You also get access to 6 pools when they're all open 👍.

Last edited:
We love All Stars even over POFQ that seems to be a big favorite. Their fun & lively & budget friendly & make it obvious you're at Disney & we prefer food courts over sit down dining. You also get access to 6 pools when they're all open 👍.

Same. With the exception of AoA, they're the most "Disney". We loved it at All Star Movies. The theming was so fun, and the food court was fun - late night dance parties, movies to watch while you eat etc... and with the renovation, the rooms were nice. I mean, I still prefer off site, absolutely, but I wouldn't hesitate to stay at All Stars for an on site stay. The kids loved it. The only reason we're hoping for ASMu instead of Movies is because next year we'll be a party of 5 instead of 4. Thought we'd maybe stay in the suites.

we LOVE All star Music and Movies!!! and we own DVC and still would never mind staying there when we are out of points! we stayed at movies with our boys when they were little and growing up and we did a couples only at Music. The new refurb of the rooms makes them even better!

sorry just trying to help you out that you really don’t want to stay there. I stayed at the all stars back in 99. I didn’t have anyone to help me out telling me we shouldn't stay there. I wasn’t on disboards back than. Maybe it got better. Hope you have a great time whatever you choose:
We stayed at All Star Music in 2015, and it was great. We were glad there was an affordable Disney resort for us.

Are they working on the refurbishment while it’s closed? I could see them waiting until that is finished before reopening if they are close to being done.
They hadn’t been but they refiled the construction permits in April so I assume it will start again if it hasn’t. There’s an All Star Music renovation tracking thread on the resorts board.

I would assume Disney will have all of their resorts open by Mid September.

I doubt it - if that were the plan, they would surely have rooms available to book at those hotels during October 1, during Thanksgiving, during Christmas, and that's not the case for any of those timeframes.

I doubt it - if that were the plan, they would surely have rooms available to book at those hotels during October 1, during Thanksgiving, during Christmas, and that's not the case for any of those timeframes.
We shall see!

I agree, I think they will open Music shortly. Their pool is already opened and the rooms have been renovated. I think there is a very good chance it will be open for October and if it does, it will sell out very fast.

I would say that In the immortal words of Frank Drebin you're both right. Anything that Disney wants to reopen will be reopened by October 1. Anything that isn't back by then is more then likely not planned for reopening and the only question is how long it will sit there vacant before it gets knocked down.

I would say that In the immortal words of Frank Drebin you're both right. Anything that Disney wants to reopen will be reopened by October 1. Anything that isn't back by then is more then likely not planned for reopening and the only question is how long it will sit there vacant before it gets knocked down.

That is a very depressing thought!

I agree, I think they will open Music shortly. Their pool is already opened and the rooms have been renovated. I think there is a very good chance it will be open for October and if it does, it will sell out very fast.
Have all the rooms been renovated though? I don't think they will open unless they are.

Don’t forget the nearby off-site Resorts located off Western Way ( AK area)... they are constructing a ton of resorts and this is where the castmember new campus is. .. Flamingo Crossings.
Marriott & Hilton.
Spring hill Suites & Towne Place , shareMaingate Transport Coach Bus
Homewood Suites & Home2Suites Maingate Taxi.com does not run a consistent rdtrip....
eventually a Target and more.
I realize this is off topic (All Stars) but posting in case desperate...
I have no idea what the price / discounts available.
Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!