Restaurants with 3 year old

My Gal Minnie

Mouseketeer
Hello. We have been going to WDW with just adults for the past 20 years. We are planning to go in 2022 with a toddler who will be 2.5 - 3 years old. Can you please suggest some good restaurants both TS and CS? TIA.😃

Boma, Cape May (breakfast with characters), Chef Mickey's, Crystal Palace, Via Napoli, Garden Grill, Tusker House,Columbia Harbour House, Flame Tree BBQ, Sunshine Seasons...

Our kids always did best at the buffets. I know with C19, things have changed but I would still recommend these!

Boma, Cape May (breakfast with characters), Chef Mickey's, Crystal Palace, Via Napoli, Garden Grill, Tusker House,Columbia Harbour House, Flame Tree BBQ, Sunshine Seasons...

Our kids always did best at the buffets. I know with C19, things have changed but I would still recommend these!

Thank you. These are new to me so I will check it out.

We ate wherever we wanted, including places like Le Cellier. All of the restaurants at WDW are used to having kids of all ages. But, the buffets are probably the easiest to be in with toddlers. It is great to be able to get variety of different foods for them to eat. Have a fun trip.

With a child that age, we enjoyed a variety of restaurants: a couple of character meals (but preferred Garden Grill due to the family style service), some ADRs including some signatures (usually made the day of), a LOT of lounge meals because it was easy to walk up after nap time without an ADR and those spots are SO casual-- I'm talking Nomad Lounge, Crew's Cup Lounge, Jock Lindsay's, etc. We ate very little quick service because juggling ordering, carrying the food, wrangling the kid was too hectic.

If it's before the child turns 3, then it is a perfect time to have brunch at California Grill because their meal is "free." My kid feasted on yogurt, fruit, cheese, charcuterie, and bread and we had a wonderful relaxing meal then requested "Jolly Holiday" from the live musicians. One of my favorite Disney dining experiences of all time, hope it returns soon.

Last edited:
With a child that age, we enjoyed a variety of restaurants: a couple of character meals (but preferred Garden Grill due to the family style service), some ADRs including some signatures (usually made the day of), a LOT of lounge meals because it was easy to walk up after nap time without an ADR and those spots are SO casual-- I'm talking Nomad Lounge, Crew's Cup Lounge, Jock Lindsay's, etc. We ate very little table service because juggling ordering, carrying the food, wrangling the kid was too hectic.

If it's before the child turns 3, then it is a perfect time to have brunch at California Grill because their meal is "free." My kid feasted on yogurt, fruit, cheese, charcuterie, and bread and we had a wonderful relaxing meal then requested "Jolly Holiday" from the live musicians. One of my favorite Disney dining experiences of all time, hope it returns soon.
Meals will be free for an under three year old as long as you don't order something for them. You'll pay for items that you order. There are times when they might even offer you something for your child without charging you. But that might or might not happen.

Meals will be free for an under three year old as long as you don't order something for them. You'll pay for items that you order. There are times when they might even offer you something for your child without charging you. But that might or might not happen.
As a couple and an under-three, we ordered three entrees and were not charged anything for the child. Technically we ordered the third entree for my husband and I to share, but I don't think it would have mattered if our child had eaten the entree food either. I've seen others say they were able to order extra entrees, but as with anything, YMMV.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter