Restaurants to avoid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, in case anyone is wondering-the top "repeat offenders" for never again dining on this thread are:

The winners of the Never Again competition with 15 votes a piece a 3-way tie!
1) Coral Reef
2) ABC Commissary
3) Hollywood and Vine

Next up in the yukfest...

4) San Angel Inn -12 votes
5) Tony's- 10 votes
6) Sci Fi Diner-10 votes (including my vote)
7) Boma- 9 votes

and completing the top 10 for grossness...

8) Yak and Yeti- 7 votes
9) Whispering Canyon- 6 votes
10) Spoodles- 5 votes

Honorable mention on the wall of shame...

All with 4 votes a piece:

Chef Mickey
Akerhaus
Liberty Tree Tavern
Pepper Market
Cinderella's Royal Table

Garden Grille, you missed the cut by only having 3 votes-nasty it up a bit and maybe you can make the list next time!

The staff and characters were great. We just didn't enjoy the food compared to the other restaurants.

Hello,

While some posters have accurately stated that sooner or later, every WDW restaurant will appear on this list, a few show up over and over which would indicate a real problem with those few ( restaurants, not posters !!! ).

As we have been long time patrons of numerous WDW restaurants, we have noticed a general decline overall in the last couple of years. Prices have skyrocketed, while portions, selections, and quality have declined. Alcohol prices, especially wine , are ridiculous, especially compared to off property restaurants. I would hope those of you who have had bad experiences, especially when it comes to quality or service, have taken the time to send an email or letter to WDW letting them know about it. That is the only way to effect changes for the better.

Hope that helps,

Take care,

Bill

Well being from Montreal, we have a good Chinatown and access to lots of great Asian food. That being said, stay AWAY from Yak & Yeti. It's a nice enough looking restaurant, and the service was fine. But to us, Sweet and sour chicken is not chicken nuggets with sauce on them.

Well, in case anyone is wondering-the top "repeat offenders" for never again dining on this thread are:

1) Coral Reef
2) ABC Commissary
3) Hollywood and Vine

5) Tony's- 10 votes
7) Boma- 9 votes

8) Yak and Yeti- 7 votes
10) Spoodles- 5 votes

Chef Mickey
Akerhaus
Liberty Tree Tavern
Pepper Market
Cinderella's Royal Table

Garden Grille, you missed the cut by only having 3 votes-nasty it up a bit and maybe you can make the list next time!

Wow! Thanks, Cindy. I was hoping someone would do that.

1) Coral Reef
2) ABC Commissary
3) Hollywood and Vine

5) Tony's- 10 votes
7) Boma- 9 votes

8) Yak and Yeti- 7 votes
10) Spoodles- 5 votes

Chef Mickey
Akerhaus
Liberty Tree Tavern
Pepper Market
Cinderella's Royal Table

This also shows that things are REALLY a matter of OPINION ( like some love Yak and Yeti even though we HATED it ).

For example, we *loved* BOMA, we went for both dinner and breakfast. Wonderful buffet ioho. Gotta agree with ABC commissary though

Well being from Montreal, we have a good Chinatown and access to lots of great Asian food. That being said, stay AWAY from Yak & Yeti. It's a nice enough looking restaurant, and the service was fine. But to us, Sweet and sour chicken is not chicken nuggets with sauce on them.
But it was sweet and sour as advertised correct? :lmao:

Cindy F thank you for your tabulations. When i started this thread i never expected such a response. I think Hollywood and Vine has now taken the lead. We should come up with some sort of an award for lack of quality, service, cleanliness and/or overall experience. Any suggestions?

The one place my DH cringes every time I mention is ABC commisary. OMG we made the mistake of not hitting the food court at Pop before heading to DHS and grabbed a hard, cold, and inedible breakfast sandwhich at ABC. There was no one in there and they had just opened and there was trash on teh floor and dirty sticky tables.

1900 PF is the other place we will never go back to. The food was gross and the seating was not ideal at all. We felt like we were in a hallway and had people waiting to get into another restaurant staring at us and running in to see the princesses.

We won't do Teppen Edo again either. Mainly because our local place is much better. Better quality, show, and prices. Plus we get twice the food so DH gets a snack later. LOL

The only place I refuse to eat again is Pecos Bills. Unsanitary :( Love Coral Reef and Tonys though. They always seem to get slammed.

Somebody just started the same type of thread for DL. The comments also are interesting just like here. Anybody planning on visiting DL might want to read them.

As much as I LOVE this idea of this restaurant, I must agree. I know I'm old but ... It's too darn dark to read the menu; I thought the ribs were dry (yeah, I know - try something else, but I can't READ the menu!!), and we can't even really sit together (5 of us, well, sometimes 4 but you still sit with your back to the back row!).

Other than that. My kids love it. I adore the looks of my sons' faces when we go there, and I just can't say no to another trip to the Sci Fi!!

Here's the thing - there are independent reviews available for all the Disney restaurants. We ALWAYS look into current reviews before domestic travel, and Disney is no exception. As mentioned here, some people will love what other people hate, and quality is inconsistent, so EVERY year look into it! I love "The Unofficial Guide" for an unbiased accounting...

Alot of taste depends on where you live, and your previous culinary experiences. We're just outside of NYC, so the more eclectic and high-quality the better. For our high-falutin' tastes, faves are Boma, Bluezoo, and the Brown Derby.
We would NEVER get food from places like Sci-Fi, Mama Melrose, or Rainforest Cafe! But variety makes the world go round...just do some research!

We hated Liberty Tree Tavern at the MK. Flavorless turkey and microwavable mac and cheese doesn't do it for us :sad2:

I agree!

Also, not so much for the quality of food...because it tasted good...but the atmosphere and chaos, I'll never return to 1900 Park Fare.

On the other hand, I see listed several times Hollywood & Vine - we went first thing in the morning - first ADR and it was spotless, nearly empty the whole time we were there and the buffet area was completely clean and the food was good for us. So perhaps it's a timing thing with this one.

Hello,

While some posters have accurately stated that sooner or later, every WDW restaurant will appear on this list, a few show up over and over which would indicate a real problem with those few ( restaurants, not posters !!! ).

As we have been long time patrons of numerous WDW restaurants, we have noticed a general decline overall in the last couple of years. Prices have skyrocketed, while portions, selections, and quality have declined. Alcohol prices, especially wine , are ridiculous, especially compared to off property restaurants. I would hope those of you who have had bad experiences, especially when it comes to quality or service, have taken the time to send an email or letter to WDW letting them know about it. That is the only way to effect changes for the better.
Hope that helps,

Take care,

Bill

I do agree with you that eventually any restaurant will show up in the "I'll pass" list. However, I have the impression that WDW really don't give a flying rip about complaints of their restaurants. I had a horrible experience at ABC and politely mentioned it to the manager. Her response was, Nothing. No sincere apology, no I'll exchange it, no here's your money back. I wrote Disney, emailed Disney, wrote ABC, emailed ABC. This was back in January.

I'm either to assume they don't care or it's taking that long to read all the complaints about ABC. :lmao:

Our biggest disappointment to date has been dinner at the coral reef. Very over priced and poor quality food and to top it off there was a problem with the filters in the living seas and you couldn't even see a foot in to the water.

Our biggest disappointment to date has been dinner at the coral reef. Very over priced and poor quality food and to top it off there was a problem with the filters in the living seas and you couldn't even see a foot in to the water.

Eweeee! :scared: I would think that maybe they would have given you your money back or table credit back. :confused3

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter