• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Restaurants/activities within walking distance of Aulani?

FireflyTrance

DIS Veteran
We are visiting Aulani next week, and I am wondering what restaurants and activities are in walking distance outside of Aulani? We have been to Aulani before but the last times were shorter stays so we never left the resort. This time we are staying 6 nights so I am thinking we might get sick of the food at the resort eventually. Thanks!

Most of what you'll want to do on Oahu requires a drive from Aulani. There are restaurants across the street (Monkeypod is a favorite) and at the nearby resorts, but in terms of actual activities, you'd get a ton of value out of a rental car.

Last edited:
Like a PP said there are a few restaurants across the street. I loved monkey pod happy hour.
Also next door is paradise cove which is a popular spot to see sea turtle as well as a Luao.

Rental cars are expensive right now.
Last time I did a private tour of the north shore which was awesome and prob same price as a car now.
Happy planning
Kerri

The acai bowls across the street at Island Vintage Coffee are excellent for breakfast. You can also get pretty good and reasonably priced food at the deli counter at Island Country Market (sandwiches, hot meals, poke bowls, etc.). You can Google their menu.

You can also walk to the Marriott….Longhi’s is good and the Longboard Bar is also supposed to be good for more casual fare.

We love the deck at Roy’s, esp happy hour. it’s at the 18th hole so you can watch the golfers come in. It’s a short walk from Aulani

Most of what you'll want to do on Oahu requires a drive from Aulani. There are restaurants across the street (Monkeypod is a favorite) and at the nearby resorts, but in terms of actual activities, you'd get a ton of value out of a rental car.

Is Monkeypod walkable from Aulani?

We love the walk down to the Marriott. There’s also some great restaurants at the 4 seasons, and Roy’s on the golf course, all walkable.

The Italian restaurant at the Four Seasons next door is very good (but expensive). You can get to it just by walking down to the beach then along to the Four Seasons.

The Italian restaurant at the Four Seasons next door is very good (but expensive). You can get to it just by walking down to the beach then along to the Four Seasons.
Agreed! Mina’s Fish House at the Four Seasons is also very good, and expensive!

Not a fan of Monkey Pod but....

In that same area there is a Mexican restaurant, Hawaiian BBQ, a Breakfast place that we enjoyed on our 3 prior trips to Aulani

The ABC store in the same area has some good quick meals nothing fancy but tasty.

Checking in on this thread as I’m wondering if the nearby resorts are limiting access to their restaurants to hotel guests only?

Checking in on this thread as I’m wondering if the nearby resorts are limiting access to their restaurants to hotel guests only?
Breakfast for the Four Seasons is hotel guest only…the sunday Brunch is open for non hotel guests.

Breakfast for the Four Seasons is hotel guest only…the sunday Brunch is open for non hotel guests.
IMO their breakfast isn’t that great - and a bit overpriced as it’s often included.

But Mina’s (four seasons) and the restaurant from the Marriott are still showing availability for dinner etc - so those should still be an option.

I also noticed Monkeypod is back on Opentable so that is good for people looking to plan.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter