Restaurant Suggestions Near Disney Property?

Head to Celebration and try Columbia Restaurant (649 Front Street, Celebration, FL); it is absolutely amazing. Also, if you head towards Orlando, we love Nona Blue Modern Tavern (9685 Lake Nona Village Place Dr, Orlando, FL) - this one is partially owned by Graeme McDowell the golfer - wonderful food.

We just ate at chili’s outside of Disney springs. For $10 got a drink, app and entree
We went to the one on Idrive.. 2 for $25 :)
My kids look forward to friendly on I drive every year. We use to always go to Tony romas:( sadly closed:(
This year we are all about Trex, Rainforest and Yak and yeti.... probably because I got a good deal on Landrys GC at Sam's club. $90 for $67 + Landry club

We were just at WDW and ordered Chevy's to go. We don't have one here in TN but use to when we lived in CA. Love and miss it. Did Taco Bell too which is in the same shopping center. Polite Pig at DTD is another option for to-go food that's good.

Sorry I did not see this sooner but others may like it. It is Latin American restaurant located at 8687 W. Irlo Bronson Blvd. Just head out past the Super Target and go maybe another mile on the right. Great food, Arepas and empanadas are outstanding as well as the Tres leches cake. The starters and breakfast also looked really good. My wife had the Patacon which she said was outstanding. Hope the OP had a great trip.

Texas Roadhouse for steak, Carrabbas for Italian. Lots of choices near Animal Kingdom Lodge.

We arrive on Sunday to the World, staying at the Contemporary for 9 nights. Obviously, this trip will be a bit different than we're used to and we're totally cool with it, but one thing we're concerned about is a lack of food options. We'll have a car so we can drive off property to pick up food if we want, but I have to admit that all the times we've been to Disney, we never really ventured off property. I don't know much about restaurants near Disney and Googling it simply returns a bunch of Disney restaurants. Does anyone have any suggestions for great places we can get takeout while there? Thanks!

You never REALLY ventured off property? Or is it that you NEVER ventured off property. All I can say is be ready to be surprised at what exists outside of that bubble. Personally, I can't imagine a "Disney Only" when the area has so much more to offer. If you have young kids in your party, I highly recommend Steak N Shake. Their combo meals are very inexpensive, very good in taste(cooked fresh to order). The milkshakes are fantastic and they do have a drive thru. Then there is Chick-Fil-A which is right outside the gates on the Rt 535. Really, all you need to do is go outside the bubble and drive. You will run into plenty of restaurants regardless. Don't be intimidated at getting lost. No matter where you go, all roads have a sign to get you back to Disney.

Our fav - Millers. Options, pricing, portion sizes and quality all very good. Have eaten at three of their locations in the area

Locals usually out number the tourists there, a good sign in my mind. Adult drink prices are fantastic, how they keep prices so low puzzles me. None of that chain in our area, same as cheddars. It is also very good quality more subdued vs Millers

TX roadhouse is as expected, a solid choice

We don’t have Logan’s in our area either. For some reason have never managed to swing by it. Any thumbs up here?

We arrive on Sunday to the World, staying at the Contemporary for 9 nights. Obviously, this trip will be a bit different than we're used to and we're totally cool with it, but one thing we're concerned about is a lack of food options. We'll have a car so we can drive off property to pick up food if we want, but I have to admit that all the times we've been to Disney, we never really ventured off property. I don't know much about restaurants near Disney and Googling it simply returns a bunch of Disney restaurants. Does anyone have any suggestions for great places we can get takeout while there? Thanks!

SarahC97 Have you a Follow Up Reply on how your trip went ?

You never REALLY ventured off property? Or is it that you NEVER ventured off property. All I can say is be ready to be surprised at what exists outside of that bubble. Personally, I can't imagine a "Disney Only" when the area has so much more to offer. If you have young kids in your party, I highly recommend Steak N Shake. Their combo meals are very inexpensive, very good in taste(cooked fresh to order). The milkshakes are fantastic and they do have a drive thru. Then there is Chick-Fil-A which is right outside the gates on the Rt 535. Really, all you need to do is go outside the bubble and drive. You will run into plenty of restaurants regardless. Don't be intimidated at getting lost. No matter where you go, all roads have a sign to get you back to Disney.

Has SarahC97 Anything to Report back on the Advice that TamaraQT & others have given ?

OR is a waste of time to reply to these request threads ?

Gino's is better than both, but the rest of your analysis is incorrect. (but Giordano is OK... I guess... 😁)
Lou Malnati's but since that isn't an option in Orlando...
a bit further out but good Italian family style .... Maggiano's at 9101 International Dr (next to Wonder Works)
Maggiano's is terrific! They have an online special for "double portions" of some entrees and desserts for $6 more - we fed our family of 5 and DH's oldest daughter and her family of 3 for cheap and has so much food leftover too. Very easy to order online and carryout.
OR is a waste of time to reply to these request threads ?
I dunno-someone may stumble across this doing research.

If one doesn't mind a bit of drive-worth it if in mood for burgers is Teak Neighborhood bar-the burgers were huge and omg so good. We've also done Smashburger by Universal this trip. Keke's in Dr Phillips is also a favorite. Hash house a go go was just too much food for us and we haven't been back. Have eaten at Several of the Ale Houses and enjoyed them all.
We tried City Works Pour house in Disney Springs yesterday and that is pretty good, and has a happy hour! After our waiter showed us the brunch menu planning to go back for brunch Sunday before we leave.

We did try two places off property. 4 Rivers was amazingly good. We also got sushi from Tokyo Sushi. It was ok.

Thanks for the suggestions, everyone.

Maggiano's is terrific! They have an online special for "double portions" of some entrees and desserts for $6 more - we fed our family of 5 and DH's oldest daughter and her family of 3 for cheap and has so much food leftover too.
Keke's in Dr Phillips is also a favorite.

Ok @Monykalyn, you are my new superhero!!! ::yes:: I am in awe of how you have managed to navigate Orlando despite the setbacks of this pandemic. You have stayed at some fabulous off-site resorts and just having a wonderful time!!! I am so thankful of you sharing your experience. It has helped keep me connected to my Orlando home away from home. Thank you so much!! :goodvibesNow onto the comments...

First off I MUST admit, I have NEVER been to Maggiano's. I live in NJ and there are some close to me. I have heard all good things about it. But thanks to this post, I have decided that I am going to make sure this is going on our Orlando "bucket list".

Another one I will add to the bucket list is KeKe's. I have heard and read great things about the breakfast here. A few years ago, we were there with my daughters dance teacher and family. They went to Keke's early one morning and we decided not to go. When they returned and talked about how great it was, we promised ourselves that we would have to try it. That was back in 2017. Our last visit was 2018 and we forgot to try it. This time it is definitely going on the "bucket list" too. With DD being a teenager now, she now has more of a young adult palate. No more basic kids meals for her, and although I miss that, I am enjoying this new chapter in her growth and development.

We didn't go to Smashburger but we did go to Shake Shack by the Eye of Orlando(ICON park). Our meal was GREAT. Another place I want to try is 4 Rivers. I read on other posts that 4 Rivers was a "Must Try". I think the one is Kissimmee is newer/recently built. I intend to try it on the next visit too. I can't wait!!! :cheer2:

Ok @Monykalyn, you are my new superhero!!! ::yes:: I am in awe of how you have managed to navigate Orlando despite the setbacks of this pandemic. You have stayed at some fabulous off-site resorts and just having a wonderful time!!! I am so thankful of you sharing your experience. It has helped keep me connected to my Orlando home away from home. Thank you so much!! :goodvibesNow onto the comments...

First off I MUST admit, I have NEVER been to Maggiano's. I live in NJ and there are some close to me. I have heard all good things about it. But thanks to this post, I have decided that I am going to make sure this is going on our Orlando "bucket list".

Another one I will add to the bucket list is KeKe's. I have heard and read great things about the breakfast here. A few years ago, we were there with my daughters dance teacher and family. They went to Keke's early one morning and we decided not to go. When they returned and talked about how great it was, we promised ourselves that we would have to try it. That was back in 2017. Our last visit was 2018 and we forgot to try it. This time it is definitely going on the "bucket list" too. With DD being a teenager now, she now has more of a young adult palate. No more basic kids meals for her, and although I miss that, I am enjoying this new chapter in her growth and development.

We didn't go to Smashburger but we did go to Shake Shack by the Eye of Orlando(ICON park). Our meal was GREAT. Another place I want to try is 4 Rivers. I read on other posts that 4 Rivers was a "Must Try". I think the one is Kissimmee is newer/recently built. I intend to try it on the next visit too. I can't wait!!! :cheer2:
Ok then you have to try City Works for brunch. Omg. But it’s ok to share if you get the stuffed French toast as it’s a monster. This was at 1045 this am. It’s now 430pm in Charlotte where our connecting flight is- and I’m still not hungry! Only got through about 2/3403903F8-EDD9-44F2-A226-F36993DED40B.jpeg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!