Restaurant, not in Disney, for 12 adults?

SteveH

Where's my Mai Tai?
I will be taking a group of staff and volunteers for a large conference this summer staying around the Convention Center. I've starting to explore the area on Yelp for a couple of nice restaurants to take everyone out to. The group will range from about 30 to 70 years old, I'm looking for a non-chain type of restaurant, at least trying to avoid the Outack, Red Robin type. I know that Mortons & Ruth Chris are very close and they a possible option. In the past I've taken this group to some great BBQ and even Guy Fieri Diners, Drive-In and Dives locations, all to great reviews. So I'm looking for something that is unique and within a reasonable Lyft/Uber ride away, it doesn't have to be in the immediate area.

Any recommendations from this group? Thanks!

Buca Di Beppo. It is a chain, but the food is decent to good, the atmosphere is fun, prices are reasonable, and the place can easily handle large groups.

Stonefire Grill in Fountain Valley (pretty much straight down Harbor if you don't take the freeway) serves Calfornia style BBQ, family style. Always receives raves, not a single complaint from any group we've taken there. It is a chain, but a small, family owned one. If price isn't a problem, look into Pizzeria Mozza in Newport (the patio seating will be nice in summer). Lucille's BBQ in Orange is a chain, but is very popular with groups. Park Ave. and Il Garage in nearby Stanton might work. And for fancy steakhouse that isn't a chain, try The Ranch on Ball Rd. Michael Jordan, who was at NR and was pivotal in starting the Food & Wine Festival at DCA, is now there. For German food, Jaegerhaus on Ball Rd. is fun -- casual, but so friendly and warm, with good service.

Last edited:
@MillauFr thanks, Buca Di Beppo is one on my list, since we don't have one here. I'll check into Roy's I like that is close.
@ParkHopper1 thanks, never even thought about something like that!
@wingednike thank you! I'm not sure how I missed Mama Cozzas
@theluckyrabbit wow thanks, I'll check those places out, I appreciate the list and comments about each!

Have you considered Mrs. Knott's Chicken Dinner? Not a chain. Well equipped fro large groups.
Close to the Convention Center in Orange Circle is Francoli a nice (non-chain) Italian place. Good service, good Northern Italian food and a great location. Really fun to talk an after dinner walk around Orange Circle.

Does not meet the criteria of not in the parks, but if you wanna knock their socks off book a dinner at 21 Royal Street!

@StageTek thanks I will check that out, sounds fun! @starry_solo thanks for your feedback too
@Miss SD & @Iceman93 thanks going to check that out!

LOL @ParkHopper1 I think that's just a tad out of my budget! Though I'd love to do that. I was a bit shocked that conference didn't include any Disney events, my hope is to take my staff to the parks on Sunday though, then my wife and I stick around for 3 days on our own. :)

How about The White House? It’s an Italian restaurant run by a wonderful gentleman whose organization delivers meals to the motel kids of OC and LA. (Pretty upscale too.)
http://www.anaheimwhitehouse.com/
He (Bruno) feeds needy children for free, so I'd recommend the White House because he has a good/generous heart in addition to good food.

I also like Mrs. Knotts. That is a Southern Californian, non-chain, location. Only thing - no reservations, so go at non-peak time. :)

A prior poster mentioned Mama Cozza's which has been on DDD and was going to be my suggestion. I've eaten there a few years ago and from what I remember it was pretty good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!