Restaurant Marrakesh

Will my beloved Moroccan restaurant open? I think this is the last one still not open after Covid. Has anyone heard anything?
I think the problem there is the previous third party is gone, so restaurant is permanently closed as we knew it. AND Disney now has ownership of the space. There is no telling if they want to bring back a Moroccan restaurant ... ??

Layout wise would be a great space for them to use for special events, they could even close off the courtyard in front of it.

If it does it won’t have the dishes you remember. I won’t ever quite get over losing the lamb chops at spice road table with a slightly obstructed view of the fireworks when timed right with no up charge (aside from that second glass of wine I couldn’t help but order to enjoy the fireworks with) 😭

We loved it, and could almost always get an ADR. I’m afraid it will not return (but wow is Spice Road Table great too!)

Sadly, I agree with the others, that I don't think we will see it come back as it was. It was an incredible hidden gem. But that was the problem, people didn't seem to know about it. The food was amazing. One of our favorite meals.

I am hoping that they're planning to do something with the space. I forget exactly where I saw or heard it (think it was either from Touring Plans or the Disney Dish podcast) but they had seen groups of "corporate suits" touring around the pavilion and pointing and discussing a few times in the ~last 6 months or so. I saw it myself a month or two ago when one morning there was a small group of employees (some with nametags, some not - so maybe contractors) sitting at one of the tables in the back area (by the sangria bar & exit to the Jasmine meet & greet) with laptops open and discussing plans for something. I think they were discussing the new spot for the henna tattoos that is back there now, but I'm hopeful that they're looking at making more improvements than that. An Aladdin character meal would be an obvious choice - would hopefully encourage people who might otherwise be intimidated by or assume they wouldn't like Moroccan food. It is a great space and shame to leave empty. I do think staffing is still a challenge, particularly for culinary.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter