Resorts that sleep 5?

But they allow it, Disney does not. Absolutely though, Disney is free to make any rules they want regarding their hotels, and even if I had 2 kids instead of 3, I would still probably choose to stay offsite. DH and I like to have our own area to hang out in and watch t.v. after the kids go to bed and onsite multi-room options are more than we want to spend. I'm not complaing, just stating facts. ;)

I think that making vacation plans that are within your comfort zone is important. I m not going to lie, my family chooses onsite more for the transportation than for anything else. WE are not fussy about space or view in Disney, although it matters elsewhere. For instance, I won't pay for view in DIsney, but at the beach? My DH wants ocean front. Period. I booked ocean view and for him there was a difference. On our Aruba trip we knew we needed a suite with a connecting room, but also a room totally seperate for my DS and his DW>The trip is more laid back and we will need space. And my DS, who generally does not join us will need to be able to get totally away from the rest of us. He was literally hyperventilating when he was contemplating our Disney vacation style.

I did t read all the posts, so don't know if the thread has changed focus :)

I feel that Disney is more likely to provide rooms for 5+. We're just starting to really find this out, because our youngest is 3. We have three kids, and one of the things I've enjoyed about planning our upcoming trip, is we have lots of resort choices. Even resorts that sleep four, often have options (suites) that can accommodate my family.

I find during normal travel, it takes more looking to find a hotel that fits our family. I also know that some third party sites won't search for rooms of more than 4, so in some cases I have to search hotels directly.

When our son was under 2, if I had trouble finding a room for five, I'd just leave him off the reservation.

I'm in Canada, so it is possible the realities are different here.

I'm currently shopping for an Orlando hotel that sleeps our group, and I'm finding lots of options, but have had to take a few off the list already. I figured it had to do more with Orlando being a very touristy city......

I really do not know. I wonder if it is that these can be situated in a space that does not block doors and windows. I truly am not sure about fire codes so you will never hear me use that reason. I do think for the moderates it may have to do with overall capacity at any given resort.
Fire codes depend upon exiting the building. You need to get out of your room yourself. So if you block the door, it delays your exiting to the corridor which the fire codes regulate.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter