Resort Mugs changing in January

I really don't believe this rumor since it really doesn't make sense. If they were going to redesign the mugs they would have done it when they brought out the Rapidfill mugs. It makes no sense to spend the money to add the Rapidfill trademark to a mug then turn around and create new ones. The orange mugs must have just sold out faster than expected and haven't received the next shipment.

But it is interesting to see how this rumor has turned out. ;)
Well yes but you're using logic and common sense.:)

It seems like no one has thought of the possibility that Disney is just cutting the choices from 3 to 2 colors by eliminating orange and saving themselves a few dollars in the process. Nah, they wouldn't do that.:)

Hi I requested the planning DVD earlier in the week. That same night or the day after they sent me a pin code! I filled in that I wanted to go in August but the dates of the pin code had dates in January, March, April, May & August & September. It was for 35% off deluxe rooms or villas and less off of other rooms. I'm not sure if that discount is different than the before Christmas one you mentioned but I thought I would mention in case maybe it would help you. So request a DVD and see what happens!

I feel you. We basically have seen a 50% increase in room cost over 3 years. Higher prices and lower discounts combine for a much higher price. For the first time in 5 years of taking the kids, we don't have a trip on our radar.

For what it's worth, we did get a free dining pin for January through March. Have you gone onto the website and priced out a vacation? We got a pin by picking dates and putting the package in our cart. Then we just exited so the vacation stayed in the cart.
I've gotten a DVD (last summer/fall) and I've been pricing out all kinds of different scenarios online. I've left the ones I like in the cart.

I just did both again tonight. If that doesn't work out for later this month, my new obsession is going the week after Thanksgiving to WDW, and then staying an extra week (or even 5 days) at Universal and doing Ollivander's on my DD's 11th birthday!!! That's gonna take some serious saving this year!!!

I am using my WDW resort - pool design, pink, from our 2012 trip - every day. It keeps a smile on my face in the horrendous traffic we've been having with the crazy weather we've had this last week! I might hate the pool design, but I do have to say the seal is phenomenal. It's never dripped! I wish it kept hot drinks hot/warm for longer though.

I've gotten a DVD (last summer/fall) and I've been pricing out all kinds of different scenarios online. I've left the ones I like in the cart. I just did both again tonight. If that doesn't work out for later this month, my new obsession is going the week after Thanksgiving to WDW, and then staying an extra week (or even 5 days) at Universal and doing Ollivander's on my DD's 11th birthday!!! That's gonna take some serious saving this year!!! I am using my WDW resort - pool design, pink, from our 2012 trip - every day. It keeps a smile on my face in the horrendous traffic we've been having with the crazy weather we've had this last week! I might hate the pool design, but I do have to say the seal is phenomenal. It's never dripped! I wish it kept hot drinks hot/warm for longer though.

I have had a WDW account for years. I have gotten DVDs, maps, priced vacations, etc. I have never gotten a PIN ever. Nothing will guarantee you will get one.

I have never gotten a refillable mug before, and I am looking forward to getting one in May. I don't care if it is old or new because either would be new to me! Haha

hops&dreams said:
I've gotten a DVD (last summer/fall) and I've been pricing out all kinds of different scenarios online. I've left the ones I like in the cart.

I just did both again tonight. If that doesn't work out for later this month, my new obsession is going the week after Thanksgiving to WDW, and then staying an extra week (or even 5 days) at Universal and doing Ollivander's on my DD's 11th birthday!!! That's gonna take some serious saving this year!!!

I am using my WDW resort - pool design, pink, from our 2012 trip - every day. It keeps a smile on my face in the horrendous traffic we've been having with the crazy weather we've had this last week! I might hate the pool design, but I do have to say the seal is phenomenal. It's never dripped! I wish it kept hot drinks hot/warm for longer though.

The week after Thanksgiving is priced pretty well. It's an awesome time to go.

I have had a WDW account for years. I have gotten DVDs, maps, priced vacations, etc. I have never gotten a PIN ever. Nothing will guarantee you will get one.

I have never gotten a refillable mug before, and I am looking forward to getting one in May. I don't care if it is old or new because either would be new to me! Haha

Same here no PINS at all and my mom is linked to my account and she has never gotten a PIN.

I'm not getting a new mug unless it's something spectacular. I've got two (one pre RFID) but I only paid for one, the other came with FD. My non RFID lives at work in case I need something to drink out of at work ( I refuse to use the community stuff, I've seen how some people do KP duty around here :sick: ).

My other one just hangs out at the house in the cabinet. I probably should bring it to work as well so it doesn't get lonely. :laughing:

Ok so here now & still old mugs. Anyone know where I can find an orange mug? Both Poly & Animal Kingdom Lodge have green & purple only.

We just checked into Pop, and all they had were green and purple. I wanted a new design mug, so I checked out Poly, Gr fla., and Contemporary, before purchasing, but each and every one only had the green and purple mugs, old design.

Thanks for the updates! No new mugs in site :worried: I'll be at POR in a week, had hopes of new design. I love the pool design, but have about 6!! Time for a new one.

24 days until we leave for Disney and really want a new mug. I have two sets of the old ones.

Seems to be a good sign for new mug designs if the orange lid mugs are not being re-stocked anywhere.

I was at Art of Animation last week and all they had were green and purple, and a significant larger amount of green. I saw a girl fill up a pink one when I was visiting the Polynesian, but she was getting iced tea (which to my knowledge isn't connected to RapidFill) so she probably had it from a previous trip.

I was at Art of Animation last week and all they had were green and purple, and a significant larger amount of green. I saw a girl fill up a pink one when I was visiting the Polynesian, but she was getting iced tea (which to my knowledge isn't connected to RapidFill) so she probably had it from a previous trip.

When we were in Disney in August, the deluxe resorts didn't have rapid refill mugs. The deluxe had the pink and purple. We stayed at the POR and we're offered green or orange which were rapid refill. Did Disney install the raid refills at the deluxe hotes yet? Or is rapid refill still only at moderate and value resorts?

Shoot! Was hoping that the new mugs would be available when we get to POP on Jan 26th. Hopefully there will still be 2 colors to choose from. I was hoping we each could have a different color for the 4 of us, but it looks like only 2 are currently available.

Maybe they are trying to use the mugs and that is the reason they have attached them to the dining plan, and they are trying to get rid of those before the new ones arrive? Just a thought?

When we were in Disney in August, the deluxe resorts didn't have rapid refill mugs. The deluxe had the pink and purple. We stayed at the POR and we're offered green or orange which were rapid refill. Did Disney install the raid refills at the deluxe hotes yet? Or is rapid refill still only at moderate and value resorts?

It is at all resorts.

Maybe they are trying to use the mugs and that is the reason they have attached them to the dining plan, and they are trying to get rid of those before the new ones arrive? Just a thought?
Mugs have been part of the dining plans for a few years so that's not it.

We were at POR from Jan 31-Feb 7 and I only saw (and we only got) green and purple mugs. I didn't see blue, yellow or red anywhere. Would have been nice since my daughters and I all had purple...hard to tell the difference between whose is whose! I can take a picture, the design on our mugs was different than those pictured as well

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter