Resort Mugs changing in January

dsnymomof4

DIS Veteran
Not sure if this has been talked about, but this is what I was told by the food court manager at Pop. He told me this when I asked why there weren't any orange mugs in the food court and the shelves were pretty empty. I asked if they would be getting more in, or if I could get them at another resort. He said the orange were pretty hard to come by because they aren't making any more. He said that they stopped making the current mugs last month, and will be coming out with new colors and a new design in January. Just an FYI.

Mug Watch 2014 :)
We go early January each year for the Marathon races and always seem to miss the release of the new mugs even though its been a while. Would love a new design!

Would love to get a new design...finally! I hope I get to have a girly color this time to keep my boys from using my mug :) <got stuck with blue and black the last two times>

I'll believe it when I see it.

I mean, I really hope they come out with new designs but a part of my brain feels the same way as EpcotBill. I guess it is because of too many times having similar reports and then... nothing. I refuse to be disappointed again! :lmao:

I hope they didn't come up with a new way to make the inside even smaller. Add a few ice cubes and you get a couple of swallows.

I wish they would go back to resort specific mugs, I loved those.

I couldn't even find any mugs at the parks that had the year on them. I have a "Happy Holidays 2004" mug from that years trip that I got with hot cocoa at DHS, but the new mug from DHS a few weeks ago just has "Happy Holidays", no year.

We have quite a collection of mugs from WDW and it was great when they had the year and/or resort on them. Easier to remember what trip they were from!

Maybe they'll be BIGGER!!!

ROTFLMAO!!! :lmao: :rotfl: :rotfl2: :rotfl: :lmao:

Nah.... we all know THAT will never happen....

How big would they have to be to justify the prices they charge for them??

I could see lugging around a 32 ounce big gulp cup. Then maybe I'd spring for one...

~NM

They only had purple or green at Wilderness Lodge when I picked them up yesterday. We also went to Captain Cooks at the Poly today and they also only had green and purple.

Well kinda happy i got the orange one already , but looks like i might get 2 new mugs in the upcoming trips

Yay! I'm ready for a new design! POR had all 3 colors still when we checked in 12/1. I use the mugs almost everyday at home for my coffee. We've talked about not getting them for our next trip, since we'll be driving and bringing our own drinks (and hopefully staying in a 1 bdrm DVC with full kitchen), but I might be swayed by a new design. They are ridiculously expensive, but I feel like they I get my money's worth out if them at home and even our ones from 5 years ago look great after numerous cycles of the dishwasher. It's like having a little bit of our Disney vacation with me everyday!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter