Resort like condo/townhouse rental near Disney

kaytieedid

Mouseketeer
Looking for a condo/townhome rental near Disney. We want a community with a resort like feel (great pool, clubhouse, activities etc). We've looked at Windsor Hills, Emerald Island and Bonnet Creek. Any recommendations welcome!!

We love Windsor Hills, it's the only place we'll stay now. It's so close and convenient to Disney.

We've stayed at Windsor Hills several times in townhomes and houses. The townhomes were nice with the splash pool. Super easy access to the parks, nearby shopping and restaurants, etc. Trying Reunion for our next trip in December.

We stayed at the Regal Palms in June. Lazy river, playground, very affordable and it slept 8. We had a full townhouse with parking. Each rental is done through the owner’s representative so you have to just look around.

We rented delightful home in Emerald Island this past August. It was heavenly. The house was fabulous and had it's own pool so we didn't use the clubhouse (which was a 2 minute walk away).

If you only need two bedrooms and aren't on a super tight budget, I in these situations prefer the timeshare condos vs. home rental communities. Bonnet Creek, Cypress Point (lots of three bedrooms - two masters, but one bedroom is small - just double bed - great deals here though), Sheraton Vistana Resort, and Orange Lake are four of many great condo resorts that are super close to Disney. I usually rent the timeshare condos on TUG2.net classified ads section or Redweek.com if I am doing a full week stay. The timeshare condos to me have more of a resort feel than the home communities, and I really like that. The home rental communities will typically be cheaper and available for owner rental for timeframes other than Friday to Friday, Saturday to Saturday, or Sunday to Sunday (typical rental period for the timeshare condos). Orange Lake and Sheraton Vistana Resort timeshare places, being larger resorts, have had some organized activities when we have visited in the past (not sure if that will be the case in these COVID 19 times). If you do a timeshare resort rental from an owner or a retail rental at one of these, just make sure to say no to the resort tour (easy to say no and IMHO I would rather have a root canal than attend a timeshare presentation). A resort tour is what they call the timeshare presentation to get more people to sign up.

Last edited:

I have stayed at Orange Lake, Westgate Vacation Villas/Town Center resorts in Kissimmee. Those are my 2 favorite resorts. I also stayed at Vacation Village at Parkway which was the first timeshare I ever stayed at. I have also stayed at Wyndam Bonnet Creek in LBV that sits within the Disney gates but is a timeshare property not owned or affiliated with Disney. I have also stayed at Westgate Lakes, and The Fountains resort. I also stayed at Regal Palms in Davenport which is a private owned townhome. Regal Palms was ok but we will never stay there again. Private owned home communities lack the resort look and feel. The decor in the home is owner specific. Not a standard and I found the bedding in Regal Palms poor in quality. I felt like I was staying in the home of a relative. The bedding was worn and lacked the luxury resort look and feel. Looked like a comforter from Walmart. Never again. I didn't feel like I was on vacation when I was inside the home. We avoided being in the house as much as possible. I said one day I would try Windsor Hills, but after the Regal Palms experience, I am convinced, private home communities are NOT for us. I just purchased a timeshare in Virginia on the resale market. I plan to use it to trade into resorts in Orlando/Kissimmee/LBV area. I highly recommend staying at a timeshare community instead of a private home. Like others have said, Redweek and Tug2.net are safe places to rent from owners. You can also try SkyAuction website. They often have Sheraton Vistana units. And when you use one of those websites, you are NOT required to attend a timeshare sales pitch at all.

We stayed at the Regal Palms in June. Lazy river, playground, very affordable and it slept 8. We had a full townhouse with parking. Each rental is done through the owner’s representative so you have to just look around.
Do you have to pay any fees to use the lazy river or is that included in your rental cost?

Do you have to pay any fees to use the lazy river or is that included in your rental cost?
Lazy river was included. But again, each unit is rented independently from the next, so contracts are different.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter