Resort Hopping- What's Your Experience?

Eyore4Ever149

Having withdrawl symptoms-reading UG'10,watching S
So I am considering going in May. I have stayed at POFQ and I know I loved it. But the Contemporary calls my name....LOL. I can't afford to stay there for my whole trip, even with an AP Code.

Should I consider spending 1 or 2 nights there, then moving to Port Orleans?

What's your experience on park hopping? Does it cut into your trip and take away from time doing activities? Give me the pros and cons of your experience.

never - I like to resort hop!

anyway if you could do it the other way around go to POFQ then go to the Cont - you might be happier.

wdw bell services will move your luggage - just call the night before - make sure they have your name, your new WDW hotel, your reservation number (they don't need it - but I always put in down on the note) - make sure you leave a tip.

good luck!

Save the MK for the Cont - go see everything else at the POFQ - especially ride the boat to DD

We're going to try "hopping" this year.
We don't get to go too often and I'm afraid this year will be the last year for a long time :( So we'd like to try out a couple of resorts.
Typically, when we go to WDW, we'll get up early and hit the park-of-the-day. Then we'll head back to the resort to swim/nap/rest before heading back out for dinner. I figure mid-week, during our normal s/n/r time, we'll make our "hop" It shouldn't cut into our park time at all. I'm really looking forward to it. We've never stayed at a value and although I stayed at Poly when I was a kid, my family has never enjoyed a deluxe - so we're going to do both types this trip. Value first, then step up to the Deluxe. Should work out beautifully!

That's exactly what I did one trip. My budget only allowed for a moderate, but this being post-9/11, POR closed shortly before my trip. So rather than rebook at another moderate, I split my trip between value(ASMu) and then Delux(AKL). Great experience!

Like yourself, my budget only allows for so much so I do resort hop or stay at a moderate the whole time. Either way is wonderful just so long as your enjoying Disney. If you are going to resort hop, I would add in the two days at Contemp. at the end of your trip. Then where ever your going to spend the first couple of days of your trip, you can hit the parks more commando style. Save MK for the last couple of days as your going to have the convenience of being able to walk to it and come back and enjoy the hotel.

Eyore4Ever149 said:
Should I consider spending 1 or 2 nights there, then moving to Port Orleans?
RESORT HOPPING 101:
Never plan your trip starting with the Deluxe then moving to a Moderate or Value...(to much of a let down)...start off low then move higher.

We love to resort hop! It is so much fun and it's not hard at all. Like the other posters I would put CR at the end of your trip not the beginning. Pack up your stuff the night before you hop then toiletries, etc in the morning; call the bell hop and tell them where to send your stuff (tipping of course) then go have fun and show up at your new resort! Yippee like two vacations. :cool1:

Thanks, I don't want to do CR last though. I LOVE POFQ- I can't imagine it being a let down and I would prefer to not pack up 2 days before I have to leave for good, but would rather have my second resort be the one I spend the most amount of time on (ie the greatest amount of days).

Im really looking to hear about people's experiences who have park hopped. How did you do it? (logistics of the day you hop) and where did you hop to?

But, if the lowest rate at CR is $199, I will probably wait to experience it, so maybe if I am lucky the AP code rate will be lower than that.

We had two rooms at CS for 3 nights and hopped to AKL for 3 nights. We preferred to take our own luggage to the 2nd resort. We loaded the car at about 8:30, checked out, and everyone (except me) hopped the bus to the Animal Kingdom. I drove to AKL, got the bellman to put the luggage on a rack, did precheck-in and hopped the bus to AKL and met everyone there at 9:45. The resort called me on my cell phone with our room numbers when the rooms were ready. At the end of the day, we went back to our rooms and called for our luggage. Easy as pie. Disney will move your luggage for you so you don't have to go to the 2nd resort and you can check in whenever you finish your day. (I just preferred to have room key in hand after a long day at the parks. ) :earsboy:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter