Resort Change by Disney

Please report back :) We're in the same situation. We really don't want 2 separate rooms, but I don't even know what to ask for at this point. Argh...this trip has been so much work... currently on hold as well. Hoping there's something that'll work out.

One bedroom villa at boulder ridge. Only one bathroom, but it has a separate living room entrance, so I'm ok with that.

So true! Was this a GS CM? It seems as though the keyword they use now is "comparable" when looking into price-protected rooms. According to my CM, a main tower room at CR isn't comparable to my lagoon view at the Poly, and a standard villa isn't comparable to it either
I don't know. I called 407 939 5277. I was prepared to give up quickly if the person did not seem knowledgeable, but she was... annoying knowledgeable. Fast talker and kind of overruled me when I questioned anything. Got the job done but wasn't the kind of CM you would chat with.

I called about a hour ago(11:30am EST) and got right through to a great cast member. My trip is for the beginning of Oct, originally from POFQ. First move was to BWI and today I got moved to the Yacht Club. Still paying POFQ price. I am happy with that.

Just called about my December trip to BWI. Connected immediately with no holds.

My original rreservation was BWI garden view at the 30% off room-only bounceback rate. I was offered BWV Studio - standard view (no other views available for my dates) or BCV Studio. I opted for the BCV Studio for the shorter hallways and better chance or a garden/pool view.

My room rate actually went down a little - from a 30% RO BB discount to the 35% Recovery20 rate. Nice that I was given the recovery rate even though I didn’t have the dining plan. Every little bit helps.

Just called about my December trip to BWI. Connected immediately with no holds.

My original rreservation was BWI garden view at the 30% off room-only bounceback rate. I was offered BWV Studio - standard view (no other views available for my dates) or BCV Studio. I opted for the BCV Studio for the shorter hallways and better chance or a garden/pool view.

My room rate actually went down a little - from a 30% RO BB discount to the 35% Recovery20 rate. Nice that I was given the recovery rate even though I didn’t have the dining plan. Every little bit helps.
what number did you call...i've been on hold for about 45 mins.

I was on hold for 1.5 hrs almost exactly.
original reservation: 8/24-8/30 AOA Little Mermaid room
New- same dates/ Caribbean Beach Standard room.
CM was very sweet. Told me due to the party size (2 adults/1child) that the options coming up were Pop and she said wasn’t going to put me there unless I wanted it as it would be a price downgrade.. or Caribbean. I asked if anything else was an option (worth a shot). She said she would be happy to look but I would be paying the difference.
While it would have been magical to get a crazy upgrade, I’m happy for CBR as I’ve never stayed there. Good luck everyone!

two of our reservations (both booked in AoA Little Mermaid Rooms) are now moved to Pop Century and actually got a small refund for it so that's nice.
I actually wanted POP from the jump.

Our family suite reservation at AoA is still up in the air.
They offered some 1 bedroom villas such as at Key West or Boulder Ridge. But the two bathrooms is unfortunately the deciding factor right now.
Unsure why they couldn't book two rooms at POP but the CM said that wasn't doable

they very may cancel and rebook outside the disney bubble which stinks for our group of 8 because we all wanted to be in the same space but oh well.

After 2 1/2 hours while speaking with an agent we got disconnect. I was hoping for her to call back but no such luck. We are currently booked poly lagoon view but nothing available at Poly villa side for our dates to switch too. There was inventory at Poly when I called but while holding it seems all of the rooms booked. Looks like this will be my 4th cancelation since COVID started 😢

My trip is for the beginning of Oct, originally from POFQ. First move was to BWI and today I got moved to the Yacht Club. Still paying POFQ price. I am happy with that.

And I got a transfer from BWI std to YC std, only option offered, which is fine, but CM first told me she was going to see if a change would cost me anything extra. That really surprised me as I thought similar category moves would be price protected. Just shows how variable the answers can be.

I was on hold for 1.5 hrs almost exactly.
original reservation: 8/24-8/30 AOA Little Mermaid room
New- same dates/ Caribbean Beach Standard room.
CM was very sweet. Told me due to the party size (2 adults/1child) that the options coming up were Pop and she said wasn’t going to put me there unless I wanted it as it would be a price downgrade.. or Caribbean. I asked if anything else was an option (worth a shot). She said she would be happy to look but I would be paying the difference.
While it would have been magical to get a crazy upgrade, I’m happy for CBR as I’ve never stayed there. Good luck everyone!
I haven't had any luck getting our AoA nemo suite moved. They want to give us either cabins (yuck- def not our taste) or 1 room at CBR. I tried twice and it seems guest services is the hang up...the regular cm i spoke to said she could get us 2 connecting rooms at cbr, but then when she went to make the change through GS, they told her no because we have 5 ppl. over 2 and then 1 who's 2 so we would fit in 1 room. I just left it for now. Kinda holding out a smidge of hope they'll just open AoA.

two of our reservations (both booked in AoA Little Mermaid Rooms) are now moved to Pop Century and actually got a small refund for it so that's nice.
I actually wanted POP from the jump.

Our family suite reservation at AoA is still up in the air.
They offered some 1 bedroom villas such as at Key West or Boulder Ridge. But the two bathrooms is unfortunately the deciding factor right now.
Unsure why they couldn't book two rooms at POP but the CM said that wasn't doable

they very may cancel and rebook outside the disney bubble which stinks for our group of 8 because we all wanted to be in the same space but oh well.
They seem to not really know what to do with family suite ppl.and don't seem very willing to get something comparable. I'm hoping they change their tune in the next few weeks.

oh wow, glad I saw this. I had already been upgraded to AoA from ASmu, guess I better call again being AoA won't be open yet when we go...*sigh...

So we booked with a TA and were supposed to go to Beach Club. A few weeks ago we were automatically switched to Poly without any input. I wonder what will happen now? I really can’t think of anywhere else I’d be ok staying, other than Boardwalk, which is closed.

So we booked with a TA and were supposed to go to Beach Club. A few weeks ago we were automatically switched to Poly without any input. I wonder what will happen now? I really can’t think of anywhere else I’d be ok staying, other than Boardwalk, which is closed.
We were switched to YC from BWI but my son was hoping for Poly. Curious why they didn't auto switch you to YC. CM even said 'there is Stormalong Bay' which I don't think is even open right now.

I haven't had any luck getting our AoA nemo suite moved. They want to give us either cabins (yuck- def not our taste) or 1 room at CBR. I tried twice and it seems guest services is the hang up...the regular cm i spoke to said she could get us 2 connecting rooms at cbr, but then when she went to make the change through GS, they told her no because we have 5 ppl. over 2 and then 1 who's 2 so we would fit in 1 room. I just left it for now. Kinda holding out a smidge of hope they'll just open AoA.
Yeah, annoyingly even pre-Covid when we went to Beach Club with our two year old one time we were put in a room with no daybed. I thought with 5 we would get a daybed room but Disney does not count 2 year olds for room occupancy because they expect you to use a pack n play. Well my large 2 year old (a week from his 3rd bday) wouldn't fit in a pack n play, so I spent an exhausting week getting kicked in the face all night by our little angel. Sorry--I agree it is a ridiculous policy.

I don't know. I called 407 939 5277. I was prepared to give up quickly if the person did not seem knowledgeable, but she was... annoying knowledgeable. Fast talker and kind of overruled me when I questioned anything. Got the job done but wasn't the kind of CM you would chat with.

I'd imagine that with everything going on NONE of them are being extra chatty simply so they can deal with the volume of calls coming in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter