Resort Change by Disney

Has anyone stayed at Contemporary Garden Wing? That's where we ended up after we changed our dates and AKL Jambo was closed. Everything else DVC was $$$. I'm nervous we won't like it. I wonder if the capacity is low if they'll consider bumping us into the tower?

We have stayed there and liked it. The rooms are spacious and modern. We could even see the Electrical Water Pageant from our room. I would stay there again. The convenience to MK is awesome.

I was able to look at 2021 packages online and even click through to book but now it's overloaded and I just have space mountain. :/

Was it only packages, or could you see room only rates too?

I think that may have worked this morning; however it seems this afternoon there was a pretty strict matrix of who goes where and it seems ppl are having less luck with upgrades since. I'm so glad I dealt with the craziness this morning :)

I think this is exactly right. Once the matrix came out that seems to have shot down a lot of upgrades. Myself included. Not giving up though. Would have gotten through yesterday morning if I hadn’t Been disconnected twice.

We have stayed there and liked it. The rooms are spacious and modern. We could even see the Electrical Water Pageant from our room. I would stay there again. The convenience to MK is awesome.

Was it only packages, or could you see room only rates too?
I could see room only rates, but I couldn’t click through on them.

Has anyone had any luck getting a call back from GS?

Was booked at BWI 8/8-12 after they moved my room of 5 adults from CBR back in Jan pre-Covid (they no longer offer those rooms to 5 adults). When I called in Mon to see where they would move me I was transferred to GS bc of my unique situation (staying deluxe at mod price). CM was very nice and apologetic that he couldn’t get me sorted bc he needed his supervisors approval, and he couldn’t get through to her with all the craziness going down that day. So he said they would call back, but they haven’t yet. How long should I wait Before I call back? I’m seeing reports of the resorts getting full and that my week in particular was a busy week. I’m nervous bc we are a family of 5 adults so already have limited options of where they can put us 😩

Just got off the phone with GS. I called the number that someone said was their direct number. Took 6 tries to get through and put on hold. Then only waited about 25 minutes before someone came on the line. We had AKL standard room booked for Aug 8-14. The only option available was CR garden wing. She said all the villas were full. I didn't think to ask if this was only at AKL or other resorts as well. She said if I modified the dates, there could be more availability, but there would be a price difference, and probably at rack rate. So I went ahead and booked. I know most probably consider it an upgrade given it's location, but the theming never really appealed to us. She also said that payment was due at 30 days, but she could modify it so it was due at 7 days out instead which I asked her to do. So, tell me CR will be OK!! Although I'll really miss the animals at AKL!
This was my experience too. We had a one nighter AKL Pool View (non DVC) on Aug. 4 and it was moved to CR Garden Wing Garden View. I was told that was the only available option w/ price protect and I believe the woman because she was being super nice, honest and transparent with me the whole time. At first I was a little bummed bc of the lack of theming, but the more I looked into it the more I got excited. I've never stayed at CR and I know the garden wings aren't in the main tower, but they are very large rooms compared to a standard room, plus from what I read are super quiet and relaxed. Since I have "garden view" we'll be facing the water, pool or garden, and I've read they are the closest to the pool and everything.

At the end of the day we're only doing a one day/night thing, no parks, so a large, chill room near the pool is right up my alley. And based on rack rates it was about a $100 free upgrade, so can't complain there.

Just heard back from my TA was who is awesome, but disappointed with what she said.

“I discovered today that if I were to "request" you be moved then you would be on the hook for the upgrade but if we wait (and you are happy with the new resort) you will be price locked into the other resort based on your current pricing. Once you are moved, if you are not happy with the resort option given, I will call in and see if there is something available”

From what I’ve read here from other posters, the key is not to ask for an upgrade but rather a solution to an existing problem. But also from what I read here I can’t just do this myself since I used a TA.

I’m starting to think that between the Covid numbers in Florida, 4.5 hours to get park reservations, and not knowing where the heck I’m staying, I may be finally ready to throw in the towel. And my $86 round trip airfare. Man, that one will hurt. Won’t see those prices again.

(Was booked at POFQ August 9-12 for my 40th)

There has been some confusion with the whole "wait for Disney or contact them to be moved" even among the TA community. But it states on Disney's website under "Know Before You Go" that your reservation will be called 7 days before check-in if you (or your TA) does not contact Disney. Stress this to your TA and push her to call and ask where you will be moved.

I'm so conflicted! POFQ 12/1-12/5. I've seen a lot of people getting moved from POR/POFQ into deluxe resorts (some with no rate change) today, and some getting moved into other mods both with and without rate changes... not sure if I'd be better off trying to move now, or waiting until closer to our trip to see what they're doing by then... Waiting runs the risk of limited or no availability to move to if POFQ doesn't reopen - but could it increase the chances of getting moved into a deluxe with no rate change?? My TA doesn't know what my options are at this point (until Sunday she thought we were getting moved into DVC) and said to just wait for a while.

So basically, if you decide to volunteer as data point like @Sunnywho suggested :laughing: please let us know what you decide to do and what happens if you move now!

I haven't been keeping trying of the dates others are traveling and where they are being moved, but I think the later a person's trip is the less chance they are being upgraded to a Deluxe. As time passes more resorts are opening and there are more options for a more lateral move. Maybe she can call and see what they offer but if it's not a upgrade that you imagined have her tell them you'll keep your current reservation and see what happens.

OK I'd like a little advice...we have a party of 6 in a AoA family suite for 7/22 - 29. Already have our park reservations, also have a backup hotel reservation at Doubletree Disney Springs. Would you call and try to get relocated or wait until they contact you? Any clue where we'd be moved considering there's a limited number of rooms that can do 6?

It's stated on the Disney website that if you don't contact them your trip will be cancelled 7 days prior to check-in. I'd definitely call soon. But I don't think I would call today or even tomorrow. They WILL find a place for you and sometimes I think the longer a person waits the greater potential for an awesome upgrade.

I have to vent... I've been following this thread for a couple days and have even interacted with a lot of helpful people. I am scheduled at ASMo for next month and my TA hasn't tried to call to have me moved. I've asked her about it twice. She told me her boss wants her to sit tight until next week for the phone lines/park pass reservations to die down... I would call and do it myself but since I booked with a TA, I've learned I can't. It just makes me really uneasy. I don't want Pop's availability to be maxed out. This is my first time using a TA and it has been great up until this point. Am I overthinking this?

As a TA myself, your frustrations are valid. And if you really want POP and basically demand that she call. But, no matter when she calls (as long as it's more than 7 days before) I really believe that Disney will find you a room if POP is closed and in that case it would be an even greater upgrade.

Has anyone stayed at Contemporary Garden Wing? That's where we ended up after we changed our dates and AKL Jambo was closed. Everything else DVC was $$$. I'm nervous we won't like it. I wonder if the capacity is low if they'll consider bumping us into the tower?
That's where we got moved. Had a one nighter RO with S&F Discount at non DVC AKL Pool View in early Aug. Got moved to CR Garden Wing Garden View. At first I was bummed but the more I looked into the rooms it seems like a good fit for us. We're not doing parks, so just lounging around the resort, going to DS, etc. The GW rooms are very large and more quiet/secluded, closest to the main pool, and still right there by the main tower/monorail/MK walkway. With Garden View that means we'll have a view of Bay Lake, the pool, marina or gardens. So, not the heavy immersive themes of AKL, but I'll take it. Plus based on rack rate, a $100 free upgrade!

I haven't been keeping trying of the dates others are traveling and where they are being moved, but I think the later a person's trip is the less chance they are being upgraded to a Deluxe. As time passes more resorts are opening and there are more options for a more lateral move. Maybe she can call and see what they offer but if it's not a upgrade that you imagined have her tell them you'll keep your current reservation and see what happens.

Waiting has been our plan, but I keep reading reports from people with trip dates as late as ours getting moved to deluxe because that’s what’s available now. It’s just ALL OVER the place, as always with Disney. I’m emailing her today just to reiterate my concerns and to let her know the reports I’ve been reading, so maybe she’ll at least call and see what they offer.

Edited to correct word usage

Last edited:
I just called Guest Services and someone picked up right away. I got someone who obviously did not want to help me as I told her my resort was closed for my dates and she told me to call the regular reservation number because as of today they were able to make these changes. I don't believe her and obviously cannot get through to regular reservations. So disappointing.

Um, weird, just got through but it was the hold music, which then cut out after a minute. It didn't ring. I didn't get a recording. Then after three minutes went to survey. Ugh!

Redialing for over an hour to inquire about my January reservation at WL, which is not scheduled to be open. Also need to add my daughter’s name to the room so we can get her park resevations. I can’t even get through to be put on hold.

Anyone have any success asking for a second change? I don’t want to waste time calling if they are probably going to say no. The reports of the matrix the CMs were given makes me a little hesitant to call.

Anyone have any success asking for a second change? I don’t want to waste time calling if they are probably going to say no. The reports of the matrix the CMs were given makes me a little hesitant to call.
I did, but that was yesterday before they implemented the matrix. It might take up a lot of your time, but otherwise it wouldn't hurt to call if there's a valid reason you're not happy with the resort/room-type they put you in.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter