Resort Board Community :) .... General Resorts discussion, open to all!! :)

Erika, I think this is a great idea!!! I am still following you on Twitter and Pinterest ;) I was so sorry to read about the moms panel, I am sure it is debating to you! HUGS!!! You can definitely be my personal "moms panel" :)

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Hi Melissa. :wave2:

Mousemommy1 said:
Hi Melissa. :wave2:

Hi Candace!!! LOL!!!! You really have had too much time on your hands if you are now throwing CR into the mix. I totally agree with Erika though that the Epcot resort area is like its own little village. I'll let you know next month my comparison of CR to YC, although I can't comment on the CL aspect. I honestly don't think you'll be disappointed at BC.

Hi Candace!!! LOL!!!! You really have had too much time on your hands if you are now throwing CR into the mix. I totally agree with Erika though that the Epcot resort area is like its own little village. I'll let you know next month my comparison of CR to YC, although I can't comment on the CL aspect. I honestly don't think you'll be disappointed at BC.

I really can't imagine being disappointed at BC. It's just that funny thing that no matter how many times we go, I want every trip to be perfect...:rolleyes:

It's silly, because I know we'll go back! I just need to chill out.

I'm back! I had to go get my hair colored! :thumbsup2 It seems like I never have as much time as I think I have to prepare for WDW trips! My suitcase is still empty! :lmao:

No CL at the BC....Just regular GV room....

When we stayed CL at WL, we hardly woke up in time for breakfast...we'd have to do that...and DH and I did have beers/wine, etc...which was great, but again, you have to be around to partake in that. We did have the appies about 2-3 of our 10 nights...I guess it's just a matter of whether we make the time to be there for the perks.

We are not doing DDP this time around and only have 5 ADR's for an 11 day trip!!! :yay: We are excited about not being tethered down by ADR's this time around....oh, thinking, thinking....:rolleyes1

I get what you're saying. I never stick to any kind of schedule either, we are definitely more of a laid back family when it comes to WDW. Even without the breakfast I still think CL has a lot of benefits. Snacking, sodas, waters, beers, that kind of stuff really adds up over 10 days. I don't usually admit this, and don't tell anyone ;) , but I'm also anti-DDP :rolleyes1 I don't recommend the dining plan to anyone who has kids over the age of 9. I just don't think a family of 4 needs to pre-pay $200+ a day for food not including tip. I think most families can eat for less than that. But that's totally just my humble opinion. I do believe in making ADRs, but like you we rarely schedule them for every night, and even when we do have one scheduled every night we rarely do them all. You just never know what kind of mood you're going to be in. We have nights when we are booked for something like Ohana and we just don't feel like it. I think it's normal to feel that way when you go frequently.

Of course the choice is totally up to you in the end... I'm sure you'll flip flop between choices... heck Poly or BC is a win/win situation no matter how you slice it! :goodvibes

Erika, I think this is a great idea!!! I am still following you on Twitter and Pinterest ;) I was so sorry to read about the moms panel, I am sure it is debating to you! HUGS!!! You can definitely be my personal "moms panel" :)

Yay!!! :wave2: :goodvibes I'd love to be everyone's DISmom!!! :flower3: Heck, we were all here talking and giving advice years before Disney ever caught on to message boards/forums for advice. Back when I filmed the TV show the Disney website was basically ZERO help to people. I remember talking about the DIS and WDWIG (allears) and Mousesavers on camera but of course that was all edited out. :upsidedow Make sure you check my Twitter this weekend for live reports! I am soooooooo excited to see the New Fantasyland they might have to DRAG ME OUT of there!!!!! :crazy:

I have a question ;) food not resort though.

We are staying at CR in Dec and Feb, I keep reading a lot of mixed reviews on The Wave for dinner. Any thoughts from my trusted group here :)

Just came up with a resort one ;) we are staying CR BLV in Dec for 2 nts. Also have it booked for 4 nts in Feb. We haven't stayed at CR yet so not sure how we will like it. Although we walked through last weekend and the kids LOVED it! Anyhow, I peeked today and can YC GV CL for a little more than what I am laying at CR. we haven't stayed CL as DH doesnt truly see the value, but we did stay at YC in Sept, and everyone LOVED it!

Thoughts on CR BLV or YC GV CL???

I have a question ;) food not resort though.

We are staying at CR in Dec and Feb, I keep reading a lot of mixed reviews on The Wave for dinner. Any thoughts from my trusted group here :)

Just came up with a resort one ;) we are staying CR BLV in Dec for 2 nts. Also have it booked for 4 nts in Feb. We haven't stayed at CR yet so not sure how we will like it. Although we walked through last weekend and the kids LOVED it! Anyhow, I peeked today and can YC GV CL for a little more than what I am laying at CR. we haven't stayed CL as DH doesnt truly see the value, but we did stay at YC in Sept, and everyone LOVED it!

Thoughts on CR BLV or YC GV CL???

We've only eaten at The Wave one time and we weren't super impressed. It was OK. DH and I did sit at the bar several times though and thought it had a nice atmosphere. I think it would be worth trying so you can make your own opinion. Normally if we are looking for a single TS meal around the monorail we would choose Kona.

CR and YC are both great but the main difference to me is the theme and the location. CR BLV would be close to MK, the room would be large, you'd have the monorail close by for transportation to and from Epcot (via the TTC), but it lacks a bit in the theme department in my opinion. YC GV CL we love, it's super close to Epcot, easy boat ride to the Studios, a FANTASTIC club level, you've stayed there before so you know how great it is. :thumbsup2 The only downside is the room is a bit smaller and the bus to MK can be a hassle in the mornings or during busy times. Since you have two trips planned maybe just do both resorts instead of the same one twice! :goodvibes

HAPPY HALLOWEEN EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!! pirate::joker::firefight:clown::yoda:pooh:

Erika, I just read on Twitter about your friend. I am so sorry for your loss. HUGS!

Melissa

Erika, I just read on Twitter about your friend. I am so sorry for your loss. HUGS!

Melissa

Thank you :( I'm just in shock right now and I feel numb. She had been battling breast cancer and things hadn't been going well. But she was at home and we were all keeping in touch with her. Just last week a group of us gave her a very special quilt we had made... each of us donated a t-shirt that had a special significance to our friendship and a lady in Atlanta sewed them all together into a beautiful design with all our names. <3 When the hurricane was threatening her neighborhood this weekend she was forced to evacuate. I think it was just too much stress for her weak body to handle. I'm trying to be strong and know she's in a better place, but I thought we'd have more time, or some advance notice to at least try to be ready. :( But I guess nobody is ever ready. :(

{hugs} to you, it's been a while since I've seen you on here! Glad to know you're on twitter, I don't know about you but lately I have found myself pulling away from here and spending more time on FB and Twitter. What's your feel for the Poly now? I admit, our only stay there was like '04, before the last Reno and we were not that impressed. Lately we've been rotating between GF and CR a lot. Last CR stay the first of this month was eh, nothing wrong but nothing overwhelming either. Same with last Decembers GF stay.

Thank you :( I'm just in shock right now and I feel numb. She had been battling breast cancer and things hadn't been going well. But she was at home and we were all keeping in touch with her. Just last week a group of us gave her a very special quilt we had made... each of us donated a t-shirt that had a special significance to our friendship and a lady in Atlanta sewed them all together into a beautiful design with all our names. <3 When the hurricane was threatening her neighborhood this weekend she was forced to evacuate. I think it was just too much stress for her weak body to handle. I'm trying to be strong and know she's in a better place, but I thought we'd have more time, or some advance notice to at least try to be ready. :( But I guess nobody is ever ready. :(

I'll have to follow you on Twitter. I don't go on there very much. Sorry to hear about your friend though. :hug:

{hugs} to you, it's been a while since I've seen you on here! Glad to know you're on twitter, I don't know about you but lately I have found myself pulling away from here and spending more time on FB and Twitter. What's your feel for the Poly now? I admit, our only stay there was like '04, before the last Reno and we were not that impressed. Lately we've been rotating between GF and CR a lot. Last CR stay the first of this month was eh, nothing wrong but nothing overwhelming either. Same with last Decembers GF stay.

Thank you :) I've definitely been around here every day, but usually I just scroll through the list of threads and look for ones that haven't been answered. I like helping people. Twitter is sort of new for me, but I'm getting the hang of it. I'd love to find more DISers on there! As for the Poly, I am very glad they are renovating again. I definitely want to book something once Hawaii is completed. Seems like most reports say that won't be until Spring. Not sure it would be done in time for our Spring Break in March. We love so many things about the resort, but our last stay in Oct 2011 definitely showed some signs of needing updates. It seems most people either love it or hate it. Personally, I love it. I love the theme, I love the location, I love the grounds, and the restaurants are so good too. You should give it another try for sure. ::yes:: I'm sort of mehh about the CR... we've only stayed there once but we are trying BLT this January to compare. We had a really nice stay at the GF this past January, I think once all the construction is done over there it's going to be phenomenal.

I'll have to follow you on Twitter. I don't go on there very much. Sorry to hear about your friend though. :hug:

Thanks :) I'm working hard today to pull myself up by my bootstraps and put my Disney smile back on! :earsgirl: I've really been looking forward to this weekend, and I'm excited to share pics and reports with everyone about the Passholder preview! :cloud9:

TigrLvsPooh said:

Cancer is a daemon that takes waaaayyyyy too many people, young and old :( It is wonderful that she got to see the quilt before she passed, that must have meant the world to her. I am sorry you didn't have more time with her but I think you're right, no one is ever truly ready. It's been a tough week for you but you will soon be submerged in the Disney magic and hopefully smile again! HUGS!!!

P.S. The new Fantasyland is amazing! We walked through a couple weeks ago and actually had FP's for the LM ride but never made it back to ride :( since we knew we had plenty more trips coming up it wasn't that big of a deal to us, and DS really didn't want to go on. DD and I will be sure to make it a priority next time we are there :)

TigrLvsPooh said:
We've only eaten at The Wave one time and we weren't super impressed. It was OK. DH and I did sit at the bar several times though and thought it had a nice atmosphere. I think it would be worth trying so you can make your own opinion. Normally if we are looking for a single TS meal around the monorail we would choose Kona.

CR and YC are both great but the main difference to me is the theme and the location. CR BLV would be close to MK, the room would be large, you'd have the monorail close by for transportation to and from Epcot (via the TTC), but it lacks a bit in the theme department in my opinion. YC GV CL we love, it's super close to Epcot, easy boat ride to the Studios, a FANTASTIC club level, you've stayed there before so you know how great it is. :thumbsup2 The only downside is the room is a bit smaller and the bus to MK can be a hassle in the mornings or during busy times. Since you have two trips planned maybe just do both resorts instead of the same one twice! :goodvibes

HAPPY HALLOWEEN EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!! pirate::joker::firefight:clown::yoda:pooh:

I forgot to multi quote, so just posting again :)

Okay, I think we will skip The Wave, just not enough consistency with reviews and I have very picky eaters.

As for our Feb trip, I am sooooo torn! So many pros and cons to each. CR has better QS, close to MK (which is where we spend most of our time) and bigger rooms. YC has the MAGIC :) I am trying to justify CL. We drive so bringing drinks and snacks is easy (as well as grown up drinks, lol), but I thinking having another space to use would be great! Oh does the CL have a toaster? DD yelled at me last time we were in Disney that she only eats toasted bagels ;)

Cancer is a daemon that takes waaaayyyyy too many people, young and old :( It is wonderful that she got to see the quilt before she passed, that must have meant the world to her. I am sorry you didn't have more time with her but I think you're right, no one is ever truly ready. It's been a tough week for you but you will soon be submerged in the Disney magic and hopefully smile again! HUGS!!!

P.S. The new Fantasyland is amazing! We walked through a couple weeks ago and actually had FP's for the LM ride but never made it back to ride :( since we knew we had plenty more trips coming up it wasn't that big of a deal to us, and DS really didn't want to go on. DD and I will be sure to make it a priority next time we are there :)

I forgot to multi quote, so just posting again :)

Okay, I think we will skip The Wave, just not enough consistency with reviews and I have very picky eaters.

As for our Feb trip, I am sooooo torn! So many pros and cons to each. CR has better QS, close to MK (which is where we spend most of our time) and bigger rooms. YC has the MAGIC :) I am trying to justify CL. We drive so bringing drinks and snacks is easy (as well as grown up drinks, lol), but I thinking having another space to use would be great! Oh does the CL have a toaster? DD yelled at me last time we were in Disney that she only eats toasted bagels ;)

I'm really excited to see it! :) I picked the "Enchanted Tales with Belle" experience. According to the PH website we will also get to ride LM and tour BOG. Nobody really seems to know what else will be going on as far as any special treats or souvenirs. I'm just so excited to walk through it I will be like this: :eek:

Just remember, you've got THE BEST QS just steps from YC at Epcot! :thumbsup2 Every time we stay in that area we always walk over there to eat. Not that YC/BC doesn't have good food, I'm just addicted to Yorkshire Fish and chips and Hacienda nachos! :p With a Grey Goose slushie for the walk between. ;)

AHHHHH! Can't believe this time tomorrow I'll be there!!! :cool1:

I'm really excited to see it! :) I picked the "Enchanted Tales with Belle" experience. According to the PH website we will also get to ride LM and tour BOG. Nobody really seems to know what else will be going on as far as any special treats or souvenirs. I'm just so excited to walk through it I will be like this: :eek:

Just remember, you've got THE BEST QS just steps from YC at Epcot! :thumbsup2 Every time we stay in that area we always walk over there to eat. Not that YC/BC doesn't have good food, I'm just addicted to Yorkshire Fish and chips and Hacienda nachos! :p With a Grey Goose slushie for the walk between. ;)

AHHHHH! Can't believe this time tomorrow I'll be there!!! :cool1:

I too can't wait to see more of the FLE. We were there in July, and Storybook Circus was open, but the walls were still up around the other parts...we could see the tower of beast's castle and the beginnings of Eric's castle and the mine coaster...but I really can't wait to walk through it all. The other day when they posted the ride through video of the LM ride, I was sooooo tempted to watch it, but luckily DD8 stopped me and said we need it to be a surprise!!!

Thank you :) I've definitely been around here every day, but usually I just scroll through the list of threads and look for ones that haven't been answered. I like helping people. Twitter is sort of new for me, but I'm getting the hang of it. I'd love to find more DISers on there! As for the Poly, I am very glad they are renovating again. I definitely want to book something once Hawaii is completed. Seems like most reports say that won't be until Spring. Not sure it would be done in time for our Spring Break in March. We love so many things about the resort, but our last stay in Oct 2011 definitely showed some signs of needing updates. It seems most people either love it or hate it. Personally, I love it. I love the theme, I love the location, I love the grounds, and the restaurants are so good too. You should give it another try for sure. ::yes:: I'm sort of mehh about the CR... we've only stayed there once but we are trying BLT this January to compare. We had a really nice stay at the GF this past January, I think once all the construction is done over there it's going to be phenomenal.

Thanks :) I'm working hard today to pull myself up by my bootstraps and put my Disney smile back on! :earsgirl: I've really been looking forward to this weekend, and I'm excited to share pics and reports with everyone about the Passholder preview! :cloud9:

We really used to love the CR, maybe because it was our first true onsite (Swan doesn't count as it was for a medical convention). Our girls grew up there. What made me the saddest was I only had two requests, upper floor and away from Chef Mickey's. The room they gave us was on 6 and right above Chef Mickeys! The monorail vibration was very noticeable, and it really ticked me at rack rate (free dining was the only promo for our dates). We had two meals at the Poly and Jeff was like why haven't we stayed here. Duh, he doesn't remember our stay with the room with soaking wet carpet, not available till after 5:30 and the pool closed due to sanitation issues! Maybe that's why we haven't returned!

I too can't wait to see more of the FLE. We were there in July, and Storybook Circus was open, but the walls were still up around the other parts...we could see the tower of beast's castle and the beginnings of Eric's castle and the mine coaster...but I really can't wait to walk through it all. The other day when they posted the ride through video of the LM ride, I was sooooo tempted to watch it, but luckily DD8 stopped me and said we need it to be a surprise!!!

I have also remained PURE! :goodvibes I want to see things for myself with no spoilers. princess:

Hopefully we can get more Resort Board people to join us here... I know the Theme Parks community board has a good thing going... I want all the resort lovers to ban together too!! :grouphug: Poly lovers and BC lovers arm in arm singing Kum Ba Yaaaaa ;) :thumbsup2

I have also remained PURE! :goodvibes I want to see things for myself with no spoilers. princess:

Hopefully we can get more Resort Board people to join us here... I know the Theme Parks community board has a good thing going... I want all the resort lovers to ban together too!! :grouphug: Poly lovers and BC lovers arm in arm singing Kum Ba Yaaaaa ;) :thumbsup2

There really is soooo much to love about all of the resorts -- welcome one and all! :flower3:

We really used to love the CR, maybe because it was our first true onsite (Swan doesn't count as it was for a medical convention). Our girls grew up there. What made me the saddest was I only had two requests, upper floor and away from Chef Mickey's. The room they gave us was on 6 and right above Chef Mickeys! The monorail vibration was very noticeable, and it really ticked me at rack rate (free dining was the only promo for our dates). We had two meals at the Poly and Jeff was like why haven't we stayed here. Duh, he doesn't remember our stay with the room with soaking wet carpet, not available till after 5:30 and the pool closed due to sanitation issues! Maybe that's why we haven't returned!

Oh I can tell you some horror stories for sure! We've had crazy things happen at almost every resort. Heck, one time at the GF I smelled this funny smell and opened the drawer of the nightstand and found a half eaten sandwich. :lmao: Or the perpetually broken toilet this past summer at the BC that took a week to fix. Things can happen anywhere. Don't give up on the Poly yet. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter