reservation cancelled by mistake?

queendarvet

Mouseketeer
Tonight I was looking at my account on the member website and saw under the "view activity" section that my reservation for this Sunday had been cancelled and the points were put into holding!! I did not cancel this reservation. Has anyone had this happen to them? I will be on the phone to member services first thing tomorrow but I am very worried that we will not have a room when we arrive on Sunday:scared1:

I hope everything works out for you! Please let us know what happens when you call MS tomorrow :hug:

I think they are having some kind of weird glitch. My reservation for a week starting this Saturday disappeared on the website and all the pts appeared to be back in my account. But all my other ressies were still there.

This was pretty late at night so I called the resort directly and they said the reservation was still there. Then I called DVC this morning and at first the cast member said that it was a CASH reservation and I nearly flipped my lid. I told her I have never made a cash reservation and she went and checked something and came back and said my reservation was fine, but that they were doing something on the room category type or some such. Then she gave me the confirmation number again and told me not to worry.

Hopefully on Saturday I will not have to have a meltdown in the lobby of the Animal Kingdom Lodge. If my reservation is messed up, they will have to have security carry me out... after holding me down and giving me a sedative!

By any chance, is your ressie for Animal Kingdom Lodge as well?

I had this happen- I went to the website and an entire vacation was gone! I called MS and the agent said he could see my ressie but didn't like what he saw. It had cancelled and no one put any "notes" into the ressie that I had called and cx it. A supervisor researched the issue and even went through my old emails and checked phone records and nothing could be found. Then she had the nerve to tell me that I had cancelled the ressie- even though there were no "notes" nor could she find a phone recording or email saying I did. I could not get the ressie back ( It was for a standard view room at AKLV Nov 30-Dec 5,08. )I finally spoke to a manager- no compensation was offered but I did get an apology. I'm not pleased with the whole thing and how it turned out. Fortunately we live nearby and I had no airfare, plus I was able to secure a cash res for the same time, but it was a huge mistake IMO, and I feel I should have been offered some type of compensation for their error and also the way I was treated. I didn't appreciate being accused of something I didn't do.---Kathy

Tonight I was looking at my account on the member website and saw under the "view activity" section that my reservation for this Sunday had been cancelled and the points were put into holding!! I did not cancel this reservation. Has anyone had this happen to them? I will be on the phone to member services first thing tomorrow but I am very worried that we will not have a room when we arrive on Sunday:scared1:

Good luck tomorrow with MS! :wizard: Please let us know how it turns out.

I had this happen- I went to the website and an entire vacation was gone! I called MS and the agent said he could see my ressie but didn't like what he saw. It had cancelled and no one put any "notes" into the ressie that I had called and cx it. A supervisor researched the issue and even went through my old emails and checked phone records and nothing could be found. Then she had the nerve to tell me that I had cancelled the ressie- even though there were no "notes" nor could she find a phone recording or email saying I did. I could not get the ressie back ( It was for a standard view room at AKLV Nov 30-Dec 5,08. )I finally spoke to a manager- no compensation was offered but I did get an apology. I'm not pleased with the whole thing and how it turned out. Fortunately we live nearby and I had no airfare, plus I was able to secure a cash res for the same time, but it was a huge mistake IMO, and I feel I should have been offered some type of compensation for their error and also the way I was treated. I didn't appreciate being accused of something I didn't do.---Kathy

I don't even know what I would have done. :scared1: You had a much better attitude than I would have had. We live far enough away though that we'd have the flights purchased. I guess I'd arrive on my flight and camp out until they found me a spot.

Oh, gosh! :scared1: I hope everything's OK. I would be in such a panic, if this happened to me. :upsidedow Let us know how it turns out, OK?

I think they are having some kind of weird glitch. My reservation for a week starting this Saturday disappeared on the website and all the pts appeared to be back in my account. But all my other ressies were still there.

This was pretty late at night so I called the resort directly and they said the reservation was still there. Then I called DVC this morning and at first the cast member said that it was a CASH reservation and I nearly flipped my lid. I told her I have never made a cash reservation and she went and checked something and came back and said my reservation was fine, but that they were doing something on the room category type or some such. Then she gave me the confirmation number again and told me not to worry.

Hopefully on Saturday I will not have to have a meltdown in the lobby of the Animal Kingdom Lodge. If my reservation is messed up, they will have to have security carry me out... after holding me down and giving me a sedative!

By any chance, is your ressie for Animal Kingdom Lodge as well?

Yes, we are supposed to stay at AKV. There seems to be a problem here maybe? Hopefully things work out for all of us this weekend!

I think that you were wrong for not demanding a room and getting one. Compensation shouldn't be offered but a new room should. MS works for you and the idea of you having to prove that you didn't cancel is ridicules. I am sure that Disney had an available room somewhere. It might not be at a DVC resort, be that's there problem, not yours.

Sounds like they are having a problem between the DVC computer system and the resort computer system. Possibly when the ressie goes to the resort computer it's getting canceled out of the DVC computer somehow. :confused3
I agree with Dizneynutz that none of us should pay the price for Disney's mistakes -- if we have a confirmation and they can't prove WE canceled, they should provide a room. If they have to move a cash guest from a DVC villa, so be it.

The other thought that comes up is that they may be "walking" DVC points guests in order to sell the villa for cash. The hotel management obviously controls the rooms, they have a vested financial interest in selling rooms for cash, and that has been done in various hotel resorts from time to time. The note that one of the ressies appeared to be changed to a cash ressie makes me wonder, although it was apparently still in the DVC member's name.

I think a computer glitch is the more likely culprit in this case, though.

OMG, OP please let us know what happens. That would be a nightmare.

Last year we checked into BWV and had been upgraded from standard view to pool view (actually, it was a canal view). The points went wacky on the member website...the reservation showed we had cancelled and the points were in holding. During our stay we were treated as a CRO stay, housekeeping had me on their list every day (I had to lock them out). In the end, the member website doesn't even show that we made that stay and the holding points disappeared (but the totals were correct again as if we had taken the trip). I'm told that the front desk can make these kinds of changes with the points.

I wouldn't be surprised if they assigned your room, upgraded you, and have messed with the points. Hope that's all it is.

YIKES! Now I am getting paranoid about our upcoming AKV ressie! I'm going to be checking the website daily!!! We leave in 11 days!

I called MS and a very nice cm pulled up the ressie and told me that it now was a cash reservation! I told her I never cancelled and changed it to a cash reservation and that my confirmation read a points reservation. She put me on hold to speak with her supervisor. When she returned she assured me that the reservation is okay, the resort has my reservation intact (points reservation with the dining plan, etc.). She explained that once the reservation was moved over to the resort, they needed to rebook it (hence the cancellation). Her reason was due to the construction at AKV and the need to rebook in order to make sure everyone who has a reservation has a room. I am not sure I understand that logic but this is what I was told.

I was asssured that the original reservation is good. I would suggest anyone who has a future reservation to keep close tabs on it and call MS if anything changes!

Now I'm just hoping the snow that is in our forecast for Saturday doesn't mess up our travel plans for Sunday!!!

Mine is pretty much the same. I'm at the Villas now, but I'm checking out tomorrow only to check back in again for the rest of the week.

I had a supervisor here check my reservation for tomorrow and she said that the resort had rebooked it because originally I had a bunch of linked reservations (due to waitlists, etc.) so now I just have one, and also they had to do a category change. I have no idea what the category change is about, but I'm guessing it's not an upgrade. I didn't bother to ask.

It is booked as a Cash reservation in their system, but she told me that basically it is Cash, but ZERO dollars charge. I'm guessing the points will work themselves out after my stay is over.

At any rate, she explained it sufficiently that I'm no longer worried about it :thumbsup2

Queen, if you want to meet for a drink or coffee during the week, drop me a pm. I'll be here until next Saturday!

I have never lost a reservation but my friend and myself have both reserved the meal plan on separate occasions and when we arrived, we were told that we did not ask for it.

When I made a reservation I was told the points would come out of holding. I never had points in holding but they said it was from from the Grand Floridian in August that I cancelled.

It took awhile for them to rectify it, since I told them that we would never had made summer reservations, too hot for us!

The CM was very nice about it. After that I have been keeping closer track of what they say are my points.

The other thought that comes up is that they may be "walking" DVC points guests in order to sell the villa for cash. The hotel management obviously controls the rooms, they have a vested financial interest in selling rooms for cash, and that has been done in various hotel resorts from time to time. .....
I don't see how they could legally do that. It would be converting (stealing, IMHO) member inventory to non-member inventory. Surely there are laws against that, LOL.

Anyway, I agree with you that it's probably some type of computer issue. There have been several reports lately of reservation/points problems with the DVC site. Hope that is all that it is.

I wonder if is them adjusting the reservations for no animals on the sunset savannah.

Denise in MI

I wonder if is them adjusting the reservations for no animals on the sunset savannah.

Denise in MI
I was thinking that same thing. Guests assigned to rooms on the Sunset Savanna from Jan 15 - Apr 15 or however long the animals are removed from that savanna are supposed to be charged the Standard View rate instead of the Savanna View rate that they were charged when they originally booked.

:eek: OK now that I am freaking out I just went and looked on the web site. They have our DVC res at AKV Kidani in December but not our trip Feb 10-15 at ssr. Help! So the question is if you are using developer points does that show up on the web site or do just normal point show up. Now I'm scared our reservation for next month has been cancelled. Help!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter