rescheduling questions

Coraprincess3

Earning My Ears
Hey!
I have a few questions and would love if someone could help me out so I dont have to call. (I hate talking on the phone lol).
I have a disney cruise booked for my entire family this september (fantasy 9/25/2021). I know it probably will be canceled but if not, we really sorta just want to switch it to another date. We are thinking (dream 9/26/2022). This is our first disney cruise so i am lost. I booked through disney and then later added my reservation to dreams unlimited TA.

Questions:

Who do I contact to possibly switch dates? disney or dreams unlimited?

Do you think I should just wait and cancel/switch just before finally payment in the chance disney cancels the cruise and maybe will offer cruise credit 125% ? are they even still doing that? idk!

off topic question:

Why isnt there any cruises leaving from NY in the future, should I just wait for the next batch of cruises to be announced?

Sorry about all the questions, i am clueless. THANKS!

Hey!
I have a few questions and would love if someone could help me out so I dont have to call. (I hate talking on the phone lol).
I have a disney cruise booked for my entire family this september (fantasy 9/25/2021). I know it probably will be canceled but if not, we really sorta just want to switch it to another date. We are thinking (dream 9/26/2022). This is our first disney cruise so i am lost. I booked through disney and then later added my reservation to dreams unlimited TA.

Questions:

Do you think I should just wait and cancel/switch just before finally payment in the chance disney cancels the cruise and maybe will offer cruise credit 125% ? are they even still doing that? idk!

off topic question:

Why isnt there any cruises leaving from NY in the future, should I just wait for the next batch of cruises to be announced?

Since you've used a TA for the original reservation, you need to let the TA handle the switch. So let Dreams know what you want.

Personally, I'd wait for DCL to cancel, for the 125% future cruise credit option (as long as you're paid in full at the time of cancellation).

DCL did do some NY cruises, I believe. Possibly they found it didn't work for them.

Hey!

Questions:

off topic question:

The first thing to know is did you book your cruise with Dreams Unlimited or did you book it direct with DCL?

If you booked with Dreams Unlimited, just put all your questions into an email and send it to your agent.

To get the 125% FCC you have to be paid in full BEFORE Disney cancels your cruise.

Since you've used a TA for the original reservation, you need to let the TA handle the switch. So let Dreams know what you want.

Personally, I'd wait for DCL to cancel, for the 125% future cruise credit option (as long as you're paid in full at the time of cancellation).

DCL did do some NY cruises, I believe. Possibly they found it didn't work for them.

So if i pay the remaining balance and they dont cancel it, can I still cancel and move all that money to a new cruise later? or am I screwed? Sorry! I just have no clue how disney cruise line works. I should of read up on it before booking.

Since you have a Dreams TA they will need to do the changes for you.

The Magic does have NYC cruises in the fall of 2021, whether those will sail or not I do not have a prediction.

The 2022 WBTA has not been posted, but I would guess it will follow the last cruise out of Dover in Sept 2022. Again, I do not know if NYC cruises will follow that.

The first thing to know is did you book your cruise with Dreams Unlimited or did you book it direct with DCL?

If you booked with Dreams Unlimited, just put all your questions into an email and send it to your agent.

To get the 125% FCC you have to be paid in full BEFORE Disney cancels your cruise.

Ok yeah ill email the TA, thanks so much!

The current policy is "For any sailings booked by April 30, 2021 scheduled to sail on or before September 30, 2021, you can change your sail date up to 15 days prior to departure." So you could move the funds from your 9/25 cruise.

For years, TAs both directions had Port Canaveral on the US end using the Southern route across the Atlantic.

NY sailings seem tied with a Northern Transatlantic repositioning cruise. That put NY as a nice landing point. They would do some Canadian cruises during leaf changing season. Then they were able to get a place in the Bermuda market (other lines had the berths filled; hard to get into that market).

We paid off our November 2020 before the due date, with the possibility of cancellation and 125% FCC. They were using the regular due dates then, not the ones closer to sailing now in effect. (I paid it off to do Platinum booking for Palo).

We knew we planned to sail Disney again, so took the risk.

They did cancel; we took the FCC and rebooked it for November 2021.

I don’t think that one will sail, either, and we just moved it again; now it‘s Jan 31, 2022. Fingers crossed.

And it was never ‘cancelled” on our end - the reservation number has not changed. It was ”moved” to a new date. It doesn’t matter if ship, itinerary, date changes, it’s just a move. As above poster said, that wording is important.

We also we’re using an Onboard booking discount - that was tied To the Reservation number.

Your travel agent will know what to do; just ket them know what new date you want.

For years, TAs both directions had Port Canaveral on the US end using the Southern route across the Atlantic.
Our eastbound TA started in Port Canaveral, traveling up the coast to Boston and Canada before crossing the north Atlantic. The five sea days in a row were quite rough, and cold.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter