Resale Member Adding On at Riviera

Brian Carlisle

Earning My Ears
I'm an existing DVC "white card" member who bought AKV resale points in the middle of last year and would now like to add 175 points at Riviera. I assume I can call DVC to get the process started but would appreciate any advice on making the process as smooth as possible. Also want to wring the most value out of the purchase as possible, realizing that negotiating is not an option. That said, here's what I've got so far:

• Should receive $3,000 in savings off purchase price (through Feb. 26th).
  • Use new Disney Premier Visa card to get $200 statement credit and 2% in Disney Reward Dollars.
  • What minimally valuable gift(s) come with a purchase?
Thanks much for the help.

I thought I read there was an additional discount for Disney Visa, but you may have included that?

Also, you will get 6 months to pay off the purchase on the Disney Visa at 0%. They will also break up the purchase for you to hit the card at different times over 30 days if you needed it,

I thought I read there was an additional discount for Disney Visa, but you may have included that?

Also, you will get 6 months to pay off the purchase on the Disney Visa at 0%. They will also break up the purchase for you to hit the card at different times over 30 days if you needed it,
No additional discounts over the developer credits. You will get the 0% financing for 6 months for anything put on the Disney Visa, such as down payment or the full purchase.

There’s a Disney visa credit card promotion going on right now gives you an additional amount off. I can’t remember the exact amount but I believe the minimum points to our base to be applicable for the Disney visa credit card is 250 points at riviera.
7078052B-FE87-41A6-AA5C-E8AAD3B6AA7F.jpeg

There’s a Disney visa credit card promotion going on right now gives you an additional amount off. I can’t remember the exact amount but I believe the minimum points to our base to be applicable for the Disney visa credit card is 250 points at riviera.
View attachment 476264
$6,500 total off of 250 points. Its the original $5,000 off then a bonus $1,500 for being a Disney Visa Card holder.

Don't forget about the backpack, unless they have changed it. Direct gets a DVC backpack. It used to be a tote. If you want to finance and have been a member in good standing for at least one year they have a slightly better interest rate.

It sounds like you are opening a credit card for the express purpose of making this purchase. The Disney Premier is fine, but you can do better.

The Chase Freedom Unlimited currently has the same $200 back sign up bonus. You also get 1.5% back on all purchases, and 0% interest for 15 months instead of only 6. Worth considering.

I'm an existing DVC "white card" member who bought AKV resale points in the middle of last year and would now like to add 175 points at Riviera. I assume I can call DVC to get the process started but would appreciate any advice on making the process as smooth as possible. Also want to wring the most value out of the purchase as possible, realizing that negotiating is not an option. That said, here's what I've got so far:

• Should receive $3,000 in savings off purchase price (through Feb. 26th).
  • Use new Disney Premier Visa card to get $200 statement credit and 2% in Disney Reward Dollars.
  • What minimally valuable gift(s) come with a purchase?
Thanks much for the help.
I don't think the 2% cash back in rewards dollars qualifies on DVC does it?

Ugh! Thinking about adding more on! Just bought 250 at $168 a point @ RIV, and now maybe I should think about adding another 250 and price seems to be $169/pt now with Disney Visa discount... For sure we won't see these prices direct in a few years and resale will not have trade out options....ugh! Decisions, decisions....

I know the future me will say I should have purchased more....

$6,500 total off of 250 points. Its the original $5,000 off then a bonus $1,500 for being a Disney Visa Card holder.

Don't forget about the backpack, unless they have changed it. Direct gets a DVC backpack. It used to be a tote. If you want to finance and have been a member in good standing for at least one year they have a slightly better interest rate.

You can get the tote at the outlet mall, they had a whole section of them.

Chase Freedom credit card gives you rewards, $200 cash back, AND 15 months of 0% financing. Look into it for sure. Everyone loves the Disney Visa for direct purchases, but look into other cards as well.

Chase Freedom credit card gives you rewards, $200 cash back, AND 15 months of 0% financing. Look into it for sure. Everyone loves the Disney Visa for direct purchases, but look into other cards as well.

Yep, and I neglected to mention in my post OP but the Disney Premier also carries a $49 annual fee so you're netting $151 on the bonus. No annual fee on the Chase Freedom or Freedom Unlimited.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!