Report that Stroller restrictions are coming.

This seems a little confrontational, but I could very well be reading your intention wrong.

My son, actually, had so many protein allergies at birth that we couldn't identify them all. We are very thankful to God that he has outgrown them (infant protein allergies are normally temporary, but not always). I was that mother who had to bring safe drinks, food, and snacks everywhere we went. I was the mother who wondered if my son would ever be able to eat pizza like most other kids, he couldn't even have cake his first birthday because we didn't have enough identified safe ingredients to make an allergy free cake. I've stressed over things like if a theme park would let us bring in the food my son needed (not Disney World) or if I would have to waste precious park time defending my son's needs to customer service.

I was referring to why most people bring in coolers, I'm very aware people might need coolers for things like medically necessary food or medication, but they are a small fraction of those who bring in food and drinks. I, also, think Disney's policy on the issue is great and much more customer friendly than some of its competition.
The DAS program is phenomenal as are it's offshoot policies and services.

Not everyone takes food to save money. Often it’s people who have food allergies or are otherwise medically complex and need to take their own food and drink. Some people need extra changes of clothes due to bathroom-related medical issues. Some people carry oxygen or other things for medical needs. Sure, some things are available in the park, but not all and certainly not all are conveniently located in an emergency. My family fortunately doesn’t fall into any of these categories, but I know so, so many that do. Just like not all kids who need a stroller are “lazy”. It’s easy to judge when your family members are all developmentally typical.

Yea that's not what I see people mostly using these for. I mean, totally agree its possible and I'm sure it's TRUE for some. But what I see is mostly spoiled people with spoiled kids who want -their- kid to have more space, or be able to lay down, or just not have anyone get in their space. Who want to haul around the stuff they like instead of what's in the park, and use these as storage depots for all their accessories.

Also, as a status symbol. Pure and simple.

This seems a little confrontational, but I could very well be reading your intention wrong.

My son, actually, had so many protein allergies at birth that we couldn't identify them all. We are very thankful to God that he has outgrown them (infant protein allergies are normally temporary, but not always). I was that mother who had to bring safe drinks, food, and snacks everywhere we went. I was the mother who wondered if my son would ever be able to eat pizza like most other kids, he couldn't even have cake his first birthday because we didn't have enough identified safe ingredients to make an allergy free cake. I've stressed over things like if a theme park would let us bring in the food my son needed (not Disney World) or if I would have to waste precious park time defending my son's needs to customer service.

I was referring to why most people bring in coolers, I'm very aware people might need coolers for things like medically necessary food or medication, but they are a small fraction of those who bring in food and drinks. I, also, think Disney's policy on the issue is great and much more customer friendly than some of its competition.

It wasn’t at all intended to be confrontational, and I’m sorry if I came across that way. It just seemed like there was an assumption that people ONLY bring in coolers to save money, and I don’t think that’s true. The rest of this is not directed toward you at all, but just some other things I thought of.

I also think there are people that will bring their own water bottles in in order to have the extra money to buy the stroller that’s the most comfortable for their kids. I’m not a Keenz mom, but I do have a pretty fancy stroller (that was partially a gift) that I could buy because I don’t pay $5 for water. I take ours. But the fancy stroller makes or breaks our trips - it is the only one my kids will nap in, which keeps us from having to leave as early each day, which is priceless to me.

Last edited:
Yea that's not what I see people mostly using these for. I mean, totally agree its possible and I'm sure it's TRUE for some. But what I see is mostly spoiled people with spoiled kids who want -their- kid to have more space, or be able to lay down, or just not have anyone get in their space. Who want to haul around the stuff they like instead of what's in the park, and use these as storage depots for all their accessories.

Also, as a status symbol. Pure and simple.
I can be pretty cynical about people, but I think you’ve got me beat.

I dont think it is really about the size of the stroller or if it can be pushed or pulled. I think it is that the wagon-style design encourages people to use it to haul around a bunch of stuff like they are going camping (or at least makes people think it is more ok). You see some people entering and going through baggage check and you would think they are preparing for a weekend campout with all that they are hauling in with them. That stroller (wagon) of fans, jackets, ice chest, drink bottles, box of chips, remote battery chargers, extra bag with a change of clothes etc. takes up more room in the parks and more time at baggage check. That is not to say that some people will not do the same with a Graco stroller, just that it will be fewer people doing it.

If this is true then they could have opted for a separate security line for strollers, etc.

If this is true then they could have opted for a separate security line for strollers, etc.
Doubt that that would work out too well or even if there was enough space to formulate such lines at some park entrances. I bet I could hear the sighing, impatient sounding people complaining they were going to miss their character meal/ FP/ADR from here- and they would be right. Disney finally put it's foot down and here's hoping others learn from the lesson that more is more is well more.

Last edited:
We have used strollers over the last twenty some years for our 4 kids and hopefully one day we will have grandchildren that will need them. I can understand Disney's new policy as trying to find places to park your stroller I'm sure is a nightmare for them. I'm not sure why anyone would want to push a huge stroller around all day, trying to get around crowds, etc.. A normal size is sufficient. Bottom line is they have a new policy and either follow the rules or find somewhere else to vacation. With any luck this will help with the crowd size.....I know I'm dreaming but heck one can wish.

As has been said a few times, the wagon policy has always been in effect its just customers were able to argue that the Keenz and the like were classed as 'strollers' as they folded and had seats in. Not sure how or why this was a workaround but I know that is the argument that everyone I know that has one took... and obviously its worked! lol

The new dimensions are basically cater for the vast majority of functional Double strollers such as the City Mini GT double:

44"L x 29.5"W x 30-43.5"H

Disney's new regulations:
52"L x 31"W

So the City mini series of double strollers will be easily accommodated, in fact most of the BOB double strollers will fit too. Even the larger Baby Trend Expedition style strollers fit comfortably in the new rules. I wonder if the new rules were to prevent some of the 'triple' strollers or the really long sit and stand style strollers? As above, I can't see many of the major brands being impacted by this other than the opulent carriage style strollers... but i'm sure they will just modify their design.

Not really sure why people are so upset by the brands or stroller being used. Implying they are status symbols is no different than someone suggesting the same about the shoes or clothing brands people choose to wear in the parks. I'm also really surprised by how many people spend an inordinate amount of time focused on other peoples decisions instead of enjoying their own experiences. Always expect good intentions and be the change you wish to see in the world! ;o)

My brother and sister in law have the Thule urban glide 2 double, which is a jogging stroller I’m pretty sure, it is 31.5” wide. Can they bring this to Disney or do they need to buy another stroller before our trip?

My brother and sister in law have the Thule urban glide 2 double, which is a jogging stroller I’m pretty sure, it is 31.5” wide. Can they bring this to Disney or do they need to buy another stroller before our trip?

So since we won’t have first hand responses of how this new rule is implemented it’s hard to say right now what will happen. If the trip is later in the summer I’d watch and wait to see how this is actually being implemented. If they have an early May trip I would recommend the following:

Assume that Disney is going to be strict about even a 1/2 inch over
Either rent or buy a stroller that fits the new requirements

If they feel like taking the risk they could try to get it in and see what happens, but I would be prepared in that scenario to not argue with the CM and to just follow their directions about how to address the situation (ie return the stroller to either a designated area if one is available or back to the hotel room and then be prepared to rent a Disney stroller)

I myself would probably just rent one or get one from Craig’s list that meets the requirements- but that’s because I wouldn’t want to risk being told that the stroller was too large.

I'd be surprised if they measured, there are dimension regulations for backpacks too and I've never seen them measure a bag that is close to the limit. Obvious hiking packs yes, but something that is close to the limits no.

The flip side is that they may be looking out for a list of brand names and models that are over the limit based on manufacturers official dimensions. That would be easier and more efficient i guess.

I wouldn't be surprised to see them have a box painted on the ground to drive your stroller onto to see if it fits.

The DAS program is phenomenal as are it's offshoot policies and services.

I’m not really familiar with the new policy.

But, I definitely think it’s awesome that they allow in outside food and drinks.

It wasn’t at all intended to be confrontational, and I’m sorry if I came across that way. It just seemed like there was an assumption that people ONLY bring in coolers to save money, and I don’t think that’s true. The rest of this is not directed toward you at all, but just some other things I thought of.

I also think there are people that will bring their own water bottles in in order to have the extra money to buy the stroller that’s the most comfortable for their kids. I’m not a Keenz mom, but I do have a pretty fancy stroller (that was partially a gift) that I could buy because I don’t pay $5 for water. I take ours. But the fancy stroller makes or breaks our trips - it is the only one my kids will nap in, which keeps us from having to leave as early each day, which is priceless to me.

I’m glad I just misunderstood.

Yeah, we ended up with a more expensive stroller because the budget stroller (though not cheap either) was useless after less than a year. It was really nice at first, but it just was not built to last.

Sometimes people allocate their funds differently. Like you, I balk at $5 water, but I think a good stroller is an investment.

I’m really surprised. I would have guessed it was smaller than the BOB.

They might want to look into offsite rental options. I’ve never done it myself, so I don’t know how much you save once paying for insurance and everything. There are a lot of posts on it, if you do a search.

As has been said a few times, the wagon policy has always been in effect its just customers were able to argue that the Keenz and the like were classed as 'strollers' as they folded and had seats in. Not sure how or why this was a workaround but I know that is the argument that everyone I know that has one took... and obviously its worked! lol

The new dimensions are basically cater for the vast majority of functional Double strollers such as the City Mini GT double:

44"L x 29.5"W x 30-43.5"H

Disney's new regulations:
52"L x 31"W

So the City mini series of double strollers will be easily accommodated, in fact most of the BOB double strollers will fit too. Even the larger Baby Trend Expedition style strollers fit comfortably in the new rules. I wonder if the new rules were to prevent some of the 'triple' strollers or the really long sit and stand style strollers? As above, I can't see many of the major brands being impacted by this other than the opulent carriage style strollers... but i'm sure they will just modify their design.

Not really sure why people are so upset by the brands or stroller being used. Implying they are status symbols is no different than someone suggesting the same about the shoes or clothing brands people choose to wear in the parks. I'm also really surprised by how many people spend an inordinate amount of time focused on other peoples decisions instead of enjoying their own experiences. Always expect good intentions and be the change you wish to see in the world! ;o)

All I know is that now I’ll be bringing my BOB single (larger then the keenz) and a city mini to accommodate my kids because I have no interest in renting a double. But I would have been interested in trying out the keenz product. So for those that want to reduce congestion in the parks note; my single BOB is larger then the Keenz and my single city mini is same size as the keenz. And I’m bringing both. Not my problem as I’m meeting the minimum requirements- but the option I would have considered that would save space is now off the table.

All I know is that now I’ll be bringing my BOB single (larger then the keenz) and a city mini to accommodate my kids because I have no interest in renting a double. But I would have been interested in trying out the keenz product. So for those that want to reduce congestion in the parks note; my single BOB is larger then the Keenz and my single city mini is same size as the keenz. And I’m bringing both. Not my problem as I’m meeting the minimum requirements- but the option I would have considered that would save space is now off the table.

I feel like they could have done better by requiring that folks have only as much stroller space as they do kids 9 and under entering the park, with exceptions for medical necessity.

That would allow the moms who were actually using the keenz because it was smaller than their giant double/two singles to keep using it, rather than taking up more space with more strollers.

Are glider boards that attach to the back of the stroller included in the new rules as not being allowed? (Still within in the length measurements)

People seem to think that the ban on wagons is about space. Did anyone consider that there are security and safety issues with them and that’s why they have always been banned. Disney has just adjusted the language in their rules and regulations to make it clear that the Keenz are considered to be wagons, not strollers. Yes, they are “stroller certified”,but that only means that they are in compliance with federal regulations and requirements concernng strollers.

Now, you can cut off your nose to spite your face by bringing two strollers. You and another adult are the ones who will have to wrangle them thru crowds, find them in stroller parking areas when they’ve been rearranged by CMs and struggle to get them on buses, boats monorails and trams. Plus double the amount of time passing thru security. It’s your vacation and your choice. It’s not going to make a significant impact on those who are there at the same time as you.

People seem to think that the ban on wagons is about space. Did anyone consider that there are security and safety issues with them and that’s why they have always been banned. Disney has just adjusted the language in their rules and regulations to make it clear that the Keenz are considered to be wagons, not strollers. Yes, they are “stroller certified”,but that only means that they are in compliance with federal regulations and requirements concernng strollers.

Now, you can cut off your nose to spite your face by bringing two strollers. You and another adult are the ones who will have to wrangle them thru crowds, find them in stroller parking areas when they’ve been rearranged by CMs and struggle to get them on buses, boats monorails and trams. Plus double the amount of time passing thru security. It’s your vacation and your choice. It’s not going to make a significant impact on those who are there at the same time as you.

I honestly find double strollers more difficult to maneuver then single strollers so I’m not “cutting off my nose to spite my face” as you put it. I’m doing what I consider easier in this scenario for my family with the options available to me.

I honestly find double strollers more difficult to maneuver then single strollers so I’m not “cutting off my nose to spite my face” as you put it. I’m doing what I consider easier in this scenario for my family with the options available to me.
I guess I took your PP wrong. It came across as a spite post, as in “I’ll show everyone! I’m going to bring two large strollers and take up double the footprint of a single Keenz.”

If two large singles work better for you than one double stroller then that’s all that matters. It’s your vacation. Do what makes you happy. As long as it is within Disneys’s rules there’s no problem and I don’t care.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter