Report that Stroller restrictions are coming.

Discussion in 'Disney for Families' started by DisFanDad, Mar 25, 2019.

1. DisFanDad

DisFanDad DIS Veteran

2. RachaelA

RachaelA DIS Veteran

Those things are gigantic and hard to see around so that wouldn’t surprise me.

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. Farro

Farro It's a pasta! It's a grain! What?

That (picture in link)...is ridiculous. It's a small SUV. Whoever is pushing that around the park deserves all the side eye they get. :rolleyes:

ImAllEars, Searc, ariane37 and 4 others like this.
  5. glamdring269

glamdring269 DIS Veteran

6. DWillowBay

DWillowBay DIS Veteran

So happy! Honestly, this has gotten so out of control. Good news on a Monday. Love!

7. rdaky

rdaky DIS Veteran

I hope that is true because Disney just gets way too crowded for people to be pushing around things like this.

8. cmwade77

cmwade77 DIS Veteran

Technically, this has always been the policy, it just sounds like they will finally start enforcing it and it looks like Disneyland is going to do the same. I just wonder why they ware waiting until May 1st, would be much better to start now.

9. mom2rtk

mom2rtk Invented the term "Characterpalooza"

If ever they were going to do it, now's the time. Parks are way too crowded as it is. And only going to get worse.

That said, I can't imagine them sending guests away with them. I hope the have the backbone to see this through.

10. glamdring269

glamdring269 DIS Veteran

Oh I'm sure they will give them a choice. "Park your behemoth over here and rent one of ours."

ImAllEars, kaytieeldr and Micca like this.
  11. RachaelA

RachaelA DIS Veteran

They do it with regular wagons (sent people back to their cars) so I’m sure this will be no different.

DisFanDad likes this.
  12. samsonjs

samsonjs Mouseketeer

Do those silly Cinderella’s carriages count too?

13. jimim

jimim DIS Veteran

I was just going to say that. . . I saw a few last trip. I was surprised actually.

14. EdnaMarieMode

EdnaMarieMode DIS Veteran

It seems people have been skirting the "no wagon" policy by using these (Keenz is the brand most often shown) that are a wagon but have a push handle instead of a pull handle.

I'm glad they're adding these to the policy because even though you push it, it's the same size/ maneuverability as a wagon that is pulled.

15. samsonjs

samsonjs Mouseketeer

Did a lot of adults use these just to carry food and gear around, not for kids.

VAfamily1998 and Micca like this.
  16. Scar1199

Scar1199 Mouseketeer

We were at WDW the first of March and it's the first time we noticed these "wagon" type strollers. They are fairly big, IMHO, I'd rather these than the double wides. Going into any store and encountering a double wide, you're not getting by. Anyways, it is what it is, there's no perfect answer.

17. mamaofsix

mamaofsix DIS Veteran

To be honest, I find Disney's own double-wide strollers to be way more bulky and annoying to be hit by in a crowd than a wagon or a double stroller that stacks the kids in front of each other instead of side by side. Disney's strollers also don't have compartments for bags, so you get people pushing them around with bags hanging all off the sides. If they're going to institute a strict policy about what strollers people are bringing in, they had better re-jig their own offerings to be less bulky / more storage friendly.

I'd rather see a ban on all double wide strollers than a ban on wagons.

18. Klayfish

Klayfish DIS Veteran

We're a family that uses a stroller for gear and food exclusively. However, it's literally the smallest umbrella stroller you can buy. I'm also in favor of banning the mega sized push wagons. They're a bit silly for WDW purposes.

ariane37 likes this.
  19. robinb

robinb DIS Veteran

The long handle on a regular wagon is dangerous and someone can trip over it. At least these push wagons have their handle up at waist level. I saw a bunch of these wagons at Disneyland and fewer of them at WDW. They did annoy me just by their sheer size and all dimensions. However, I didn't think there was a lot of difference between them and regular strollers. I dislike rolling backpacks, rolling coolers and luggage a lot more!

20. TheOneWithTheTriplets

TheOneWithTheTriplets DIS Veteran

These wagons are no bigger than a typical double stroller, just configured differently. And, because the seats aren't separated like a traditional double, you can fit three kids in these. I'm sure the "families with three kids 5 and under" sect isn't that large, but I'd rather see that family using one of these than having to push a double and a single, taking up even more space.

ToddlerMom311 and Tink_83 like this.
  21. Micca

Micca SAHG: Stay At Home Grandfather

Good question. I was thinking of stocking up on mini bags of Doritos and selling them grey market at MK(Pssst--Disney charges 4.50 for these, I can do 3.85):earboy2:

mom2rtk and sponica like this.