Reopenings at Aulani

We are here and kids all in it. I didn’t see it change to 18+. I will check it out tonight. Edit: there is no updated sign. Still says 12 and under must be accompanied by an adult. Still a family pool. The only adult area is the large spa, which was packed this afternoon.

Last edited:
We are here and kids all in it. I didn’t see it change to 18+. I will check it out tonight. Edit: there is no updated sign. Still says 12 and under must be accompanied by an adult. Still a family pool. The only adult area is the large spa, which was packed this afternoon.
Concur. My family has been here since the 11th and there have been folks under 18 in it everyday.

Do they give the leis and the nut shell necklaces on arrival yet? Or is that just never coming back as a Disney cost cutting measure?
No they don’t but we stayed at Turtle Bay and got them but they weren’t free. We had a $49 a day resort fee that covered stuff like that. I would rather pass on the lei than have a huge resort fee.

There are so many local florists who have great lei selections. A single strand orchid lei should cost about $16-$20, and more complicated versions rarely top $50 or so, although they can be really expensive if you want less common flowers.

Check out buyhawaiianlei for a good benchmark. $60 for a lei (unless it’s a really, really nice one) is a heck of a markup! I understand charging extra for the convenience, but yeeesh!

And as someone pointed out to me, the ABC stores have them in a cooler in-store. I also noticed Safeway on Maui seems to have them, so Oahu grocery stores might also. And I assume the stands at the airport are back? You should be able to get one most anywhere for well under $60.

Regardless it’s a bummer this hasn’t come back yet. Sure hope it does soon - we arrive in July so that would be nice but I won’t be too surprised if it hasn’t yet. Our rack rates with no discount feels like a few leis should be thrown in!

Everything is pretty much back to 2019 standards except Ama Ama is still under construction.

Are they still not presenting leis upon arrival? My friend went to Aulani last December and she told me that they weren't even handing out the kid's menehune greeting necklace.
They were not as of us being there 3 weeks ago. We requested Lei service from our shuttle which was very nice. There is just something about getting it when you pull up to Aulani though. I hope it comes back. If you do the Kawa'a luau, each person receives a kokui nut necklace

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter