• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Reopenings at Aulani

I was excited but then I read they are forcibly masking children, temperature checking children, and socially distancing children. Horrible.
LOL. No one is forcing you and your children to use Autny's Beach House. I'm not and Aulani is not "forciibly" making anyone wear a mask. If you or your kids do not want to wear one, do not use the facility. My family and I are heading to Aualni in June for a week and my kid will 100% be hanging out at Aunty's, even if just for 90-120 minutes.

Imagine thinking that unmasked children are ‘unsafe’

We will have to agree to disagree cause I do not want to get this locked down ;)

And I am not going to let grumps tamp down my excitement for this opening up.
My son saw some of these things on some utube videos and I had to tell him we shall see if it will be open and since he is 5 he does not quite understand that issue.

My next thing hoping to come back are leis and fireworks for the 4th. ( We are going on the 4th of July week)

Last edited:
I was excited but then I read they are forcibly masking children, temperature checking children, and socially distancing children. Horrible.

I will only say this -- There are plenty of parents who would not want to use Aunty's for their children unless they were sure masking and social distancing were in place. There are parents who find is cumbersome and would not want such precautions.
It's impossible to please both crowds but in the end, Disney opted to go with the more cautious approach to protect public health. And the approach that most parents I know would prefer. (and nothing is being done "forcibly".. it's a choice whether to utilize Aunty's).

The intent of this thread is to centralize information about when items are re-opening so people could find that information. Please keep your personal opinions on those to yourself or in another thread as this has now become difficult to find information. Thanks, everyone.

Last edited:

I really hope Ama Ama comes back in some equivalent way and not some watered down Off the Hook. But I’m living in the hope/dream state too. Using the power of positive thinking. :)
I think that it will still be a "fancier" restaurant. People are more then willing to book and pay for a nice dinner so I can't see them doing it in any other way. Especially since it does not have such a big seating area to make up the cost in numbers.

Imagine thinking that unmasked children are ‘unsafe’
I can’t make a reservation. The online system is down and the “reservation line” has gone straight to VM for 45 min. I called the other line listed in the email and they said to “just keep trying” and that I was correct that the website reservation system was not working. 😡

LOL. No one is forcing you and your children to use Autny's Beach House. I'm not and Aulani is not "forciibly" making anyone wear a mask. If you or your kids do not want to wear one, do not use the facility. My family and I are heading to Aualni in June for a week and my kid will 100% be hanging out at Aunty's, even if just for 90-120 minutes.
Not so - I’ve heard that if children walk in front of Aunty’s, and they’re not wearing a mask, that Donald will run out, tackle them, and force them to wear one! I read it on the internet, so it must be true.

It may have been Chip, or Dale though!

On a separate note - someone posted on the Disney Blog that they’re there, and the Adult Pool was open:
  • The adults only pools are back open! We are here now!
    Benjamin on May 11, 2022 at 6:54 pm
Not sure if they really meant that the pool (formerly known as the “Adults Pool”) was open, or if in fact, the pool is back to being Adults Only. Hopefully someone who’s there now can confirm!

For anyone wanting to go to Diamond Head, people from out of state are required to book a $5 per person reservation in order to visit. Local Hawaiians do not need a reservation.

Not so - I’ve heard that if children walk in front of Aunty’s, and they’re not wearing a mask, that Donald will run out, tackle them, and force them to wear one! I read it on the internet, so it must be true.

It may have been Chip, or Dale though!

On a separate note - someone posted on the Disney Blog that they’re there, and the Adult Pool was open:
  • The adults only pools are back open! We are here now!
    Benjamin on May 11, 2022 at 6:54 pm
Not sure if they really meant that the pool (formerly known as the “Adults Pool”) was open, or if in fact, the pool is back to being Adults Only. Hopefully someone who’s there now can confirm!
As of last week the former adults pool was open but not exclusive to adults. The exclusive adults area is the front hot tub.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter