Renting a boat at a resort...help!

jw50 said:
You can rent the canopy boats from any of the marinas that have them.

The watermice are two seat boats, I don't know if they would allow you to have an adult and two kids in one, it might just depend on which marina you rent from.

When I was at the Poly last May 05, I checked out renting a watermouse and they said the boats weight limit was 300lbs. So 1 moderate sized adult and one kid/young teen would be it.

Does anyone know if there is an age restriction for children? I would like to take our party (4 adults) on a pontoon boat, but we have my son who will only be 15 months at the time. I wouldn't plan to have him on a watermice boat, but a pontoon boat seems OK... IF they will allow it.

Does anyone know?

Thanks.

JLS said:
Does anyone know if there is an age restriction for children? I would like to take our party (4 adults) on a pontoon boat, but we have my son who will only be 15 months at the time. I wouldn't plan to have him on a watermice boat, but a pontoon boat seems OK... IF they will allow it.

Does anyone know?

Thanks.
the pontoon boat seems perfect for us (3 adults and 4 yrs old twins) but I was thinking of renting them at the Boardwalk or yath club what do you think?? :wizard:

Belle Belinda, I would strongly recommend renting from one of the Magic Kingdom resorts. You cannot go very far on the boats or very fast in the Epcot resort area. I think the Polynesian or Wilderness Lodge are the best places to rent, because then you can boat in the 7 Seas Lagoon and also on Bay Lake.

Does anyone know if there is an age restriction for children on the pontoon boats? My son will only be 15 months.

Thanks.

The following information is the lastest I have from the Wilderness Lodge

***Teton Boat & Bike Rental***
Explore the Seven Seas lagoon, Bay Lake and the Wilderness Trails.
Bike Rental 9:00a.m.-5:00p.m. (Bikes must be turned in by 5PM)
Boat Rental 10:00a.m.-5:00p.m. (Last boat rental at 4:45PM)
Bay Lake and Seven Seas Lagoon close at 5:00PM

Speciality Cruises:
Celebrate special occasions such as birthdays, anniversaries, or group outings by watching the Magic Kingdoms Firework.
Price starts @ $150.00
Maximum 12 people per boat;
Food and drink available upon request (additional charge)

Call WDW-PLAY (407-939-7529) for reservations

Motorized Boats:
Sea Raycer $24.00 per 1/2 hour, $38.00 per hour
2 passenger (320 lb. max)
*Driver must be 12 years of age and be 5 ft. tall: also must be accompanied by an adult with a valid driver's license.
**Single drivers of the boats must be over 16 years old and have a valid Drivers Licensed No age restrictions for passengers.

Montauk: $33.00 per 1/2 hour
6 passengers
*Diver must be 18 years of age

Pontoon Boat: $42.00 per 1/2 hour
10 passengers
*Diver must be 18 years of age

Bicycles
Mongoose bikes of various sizes
$4.02 1/2 hour or $8.00 a hour, $22.10 a day.
Surrey Bikes
$18.00 1/2 hour-2 Seater
$22.00 1/2 hour-4 Seater
*Helmets must be worn by those 16 years old or younger

**Recreation Family Plans:
Plan includes the Water Mouse, Pontoon Boats, Canopy Boats, Sailboats and Bicycles, (Cruises and Surry Biles NOT included)
Captain Plan: 4 hours of rental per Group $138.45
Family Plan: Length of Stay Plan (10 Day Rate for Unlimited use of Equipment Listed Above) $265.19 (Up to 5 Guests per Plan)

Fishing Excursion
7am & 10am 2 hours
$225.00
1:30pm Excursion Daily 2hr
$200.00 ($395.00 4hr)
*Call WDW-PLAY (407-939-7529)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter