Rented Points

devinpesata

Earning My Ears
I just recently stayed at a DVC Resort renting points from a member. My credit card shows a pending charge for the reservation in the amount of the stay. Has anyone ever rented and had their credit card charged as well. Just curious as to how the process works post checkout.

Other than the $100 for the incidental charges they do at check in, there should be no charge from the resort except for what you charged via magic band.

I’d contact Disney and the owner as to what it could be because that is not normal.

Other than the $100 for the incidental charges they do at check in, there should be no charge from the resort except for what you charged via magic band.

I’d contact Disney and the owner as to what it could be because that is not normal.

That's what was originally on my account. Then the day of checkout I noticed it was changed from the $100 to the full amount of the nightly rental.

That's what was originally on my account. Then the day of checkout I noticed it was changed from the $100 to the full amount of the nightly rental.
Did you book directly with the owner or did you use an intermediary agency? Was the reservation linked in MDE? Did it say DVC Member PointsRoom Only under details in the app when you linked it?

With so many odd IT occurrences during the last few weeks, I would not be surprised if somehow the resort had you registered as a cash guest instead of a DVC guest. I think your first call should be to Disney with an email to the owner (or intermediary) to make them aware that there is an issue.

Absolutely. I'd contact Disney. It sounds like you're being charged twice.

Did you book directly with the owner or did you use an intermediary agency? Was the reservation linked in MDE? Did it say DVC Member PointsRoom Only under details in the app when you linked it?

With so many odd IT occurrences during the last few weeks, I would not be surprised if somehow the resort had you registered as a cash guest instead of a DVC guest. I think your first call should be to Disney with an email to the owner (or intermediary) to make them aware that there is an issue.
This.... and or was this a voucher you redeemed?

It sounds like the resort front desk may have had to cancel and rebook the reservation, perhaps due to a room maintenance issue, and likely mistakenly coded the stay as a cash stay.

I just recently stayed at a DVC Resort renting points from a member. My credit card shows a pending charge for the reservation in the amount of the stay. Has anyone ever rented and had their credit card charged as well. Just curious as to how the process works post checkout.
Was there any follow up to this?

Yeah it was a mistake on behalf of Disney. We were scheduled to stay in Jambo but they were closed so they moved us over to Kidani. In doing this they didn’t transfer the DVC Credit and instead charged us for the room.
Wow! I’m sorry that happened to you. What a disaster that could have been. I’m glad they corrected it to your satisfaction. I hope they gave you something for your troubles! Thanks for the update.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!