• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Rented DVC points - DVC owner has filed bankruptcy...

I am two days from being able to do online check in and I am usure of what to do.

I don't think I would bother doing online check in. It won't prevent a cancellation of it if DVC decides, after the hearing, to put a "freeze" on the account. A "freeze or hold" on a DVC account is basically a suspension of the use of it until fees are settled. So, if I was behind in my dues, my account would be "frozen" and I would have to settle up to make further reservations.

In this case, since the owner is in bankruptcy, no one really knows the complete situation with Disney. I believe there are now liens recorded but other than that, exactly what the future brings is uncertain.

I feel for you in this situation since you really are not going to know anything until the last minute. Hopefully, for those that have current reservations, they are still intact when you arrive.

I booked last November and our trip was for mid August...same time the letters for bankruptcy started hitting the mail. We never received a letter. I called his cell number and left tons of messages. I sent emails with them coming back deleted not read. You're on the facebook page? I think we've talked. I'm Sherri.

Nope I am not on Facebook. I am glad to hear your trip turned out great. I can only hope for the same for us.

Thanks to everyone here for all your wisdom and help ... I really appreciate everything. :goodvibes

I definately will keep you all posted. I got something yesterday from the bankruptcy. I have not read in fully but in passing....it says something about filing for a claim bu January 2012. But until I go to Disney and find out that my reservation is cancelled, I can't file. I am hoping it doesn't get to that and on November 9, 2011 we are able to check in. Did anyone else get anything?

I definately will keep you all posted. I got something yesterday from the bankruptcy. I have not read in fully but in passing....it says something about filing for a claim bu January 2012. But until I go to Disney and find out that my reservation is cancelled, I can't file. I am hoping it doesn't get to that and on November 9, 2011 we are able to check in. Did anyone else get anything?

Checked my mailbox ... nothing ... but, we are West Coast, so maybe tomorrow. I agree, we will not know if we need to fine a claim until we get there. But, believe me, if I get there and have to use my back-up reservation, I will be filing my claim by January 2012 ... not that he has any money to pay me back or anything. I am hoping it doesn't get the that as well.

I will keep everyone updated from here on the West Coast.

I also purchased and have been watching posts daily! I checked in on October 29th. I did not do online check-in and had no problems checking in at all. I received our parking pass at the gate and then checked in at the registration desk with no problems. I did not need to obtain any tickets as I have an annual pass.

Good luck to everyone else!

West Coast received this mailing from the Bankruptcy Court today .... both me & husband ... same as yours. Guess we will see how it goes from here and take action if needed.

I will let you know in 8 days how it goes for us. I am keeping my finger crossed that my in-laws will be able to check in. They land much earlier than we do, so they are going to try to check in.

I also purchased and have been watching posts daily! I checked in on October 29th. I did not do online check-in and had no problems checking in at all. I received our parking pass at the gate and then checked in at the registration desk with no problems. I did not need to obtain any tickets as I have an annual pass.

Good luck to everyone else!

This is good news ... thanks rosebud!

mickeyplanner ... I hope all goes well for your in-laws. When you are getting in later than they are, it is hard not knowing. Hugs to you for patience :hug:

May they be sprinkled with pixie dust and have a smooth day.

8 days ... hard to believe. Have a great trip!

Thank you for the positive vibes for our trip. It has been different planning for nine people, we have 5 different resort reservations that I have booked including the backup room at POR for my in-laws. I just hope our extended family is understanding if the room booked under the bankruptcy goes bad at the last minute. DH is so stressed over this trip next week, that we already booked another trip in March for just the 4 of us. The March trip was booked through AAA for a Royal Room at POR. I am looking at it as a win win since I will be at Disney next week and again in March.:)

Thank you for the positive vibes for our trip. It has been different planning for nine people, we have 5 different resort reservations that I have booked including the backup room at POR for my in-laws. I just hope our extended family is understanding if the room booked under the bankruptcy goes bad at the last minute. DH is so stressed over this trip next week, that we already booked another trip in March for just the 4 of us. The March trip was booked through AAA for a Royal Room at POR. I am looking at it as a win win since I will be at Disney next week and again in March.:)

Hey ... at least you get another Disney Trip in March!! And ... a Royal Room at POR ... Yes, a win-win! :cheer2:

So far so good, reservation still showing up online with 5days to go....how about everyone else's?

This is encouraging news for me. Just checked mine .... still there!! :woohoo: So are all my dining reservations. Hoping we get some news tomorrow after the Bankruptcy Court holds their hearing ....

We check-in in two days, actually my in-laws land at 9am on Wednesday, Novmber 9th and they will be the first to check in at BLT under the room reserved from Mr. Bankruptcy. Our reservation still shows up today. They are going to call us before we take off. If I get a moment, I will post on Wednesday morning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter