Rental Car Help

crazycatstacy

DIS Veteran
We are coming to Disney in March and staying off property (no chance to change to on property) and are looking for a rental car. Does anyone have any suggestions on where to go to book it so it is the most reasonable cost? Any companies to avoid? I have looked at priceline and such and there are some companies where you have to take a shuttle to get the car. Does anyone have any experience with that? Do the shuttles only run at certain times, it is a total pain? Thanks for any help.

i’ve never rented while at Disney, but the times I have rented I had to take a shuttle. It’s no big deal at all. They pick you up at the door and drop you off at the rental site. You just wait for the shuttle to come. There’s usually no set schedule.

So, every airport I have rented from you take the shuttle to the rental car location. It’s standard practice. Take cash to tip the driver. Never had to wait more than 15 minutes for a shuttle.

Do you have a Costco membership? They have a deal with a number of rental car companies. I've used them to rent in Charlotte NC, Orlando, and Minneapolis. I booked the reservation through Costco for Avis and Alamo, and the cost was cheaper than the actual Avis or Alamo website.

We usually use either Dollar, Budget or Alamo. Check mousesavers.com for discount codes as well as the transportation board. There are usually threads listing codes people are using for certain timeframes that can help.

Try carrentalsavers. Great place to start usually same prices as Bjs Costco and others . Then I go on rental site sometimes I can find better deals on there site sometimes not .try to stay in terminal. If you book and dont pay up front you can always rebook and cancel. Be patiant. Rates change dailey.

Autoslash is not as good as it used to be but still better than most sites. They email you a quote through Priceline but with extra discounts. The only company I have had awful experience with is Sixt. Since then, I avoid the questionable companies and stick with the big names. If you do book one that is iffy, consider a second reservation as a back up plan. Most have free cancellation and don't charge anything unless/until you pick up the car.

I think PP is referring to rental companies that aren't even part of the airports rental center. I've used them with no real problem. I rent cars about 6-8 times per year from airport locations. Honestly, I'd stay away from things like Costco, BJs, etc... The best place is usually through the rental agency themselves. As someone else mentioned, the rates change daily. Since you're not going until March, here's what I'd suggest. Look around now, find the best price. Check places like Dollar, EZ, U-Save, Budget, etc... Book a car now with whomever has the lowest price, but don't pay upfront, just reserve the car. Then start checking rates every week or so. When you get to mid-February, check daily. Typically, from about 3 weeks out, rates will really drop. That'll happen until about 3 or 4 days out, when they'll spike high...I guess the rental companies figure if you're booking last second that you're desperate and will pay anything.

The problem with those 'off brand' rental places is they typically aren't part of the normal airport transportation and you can have issues getting there. That is part of the reason they offer the prices they do, you get what you pay for. Many major airports have moved the car rental centers off-site either to expand parking or to reduce congestion at the airport. Check the website for any company you plan to rent from to see exactly where they are located and how you get to/from the airport.

Try carrentalsavers. Great place to start usually same prices as Bjs Costco and others . Then I go on rental site sometimes I can find better deals on there site sometimes not .try to stay in terminal. If you book and dont pay up front you can always rebook and cancel. Be patiant. Rates change dailey.
I like https://carrentalsavers.com too. For reference: At MCO, Advantage, Alamo, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise, EZ, Hertz, National, Payless and Thrifty are in terminal.

Costco hands down. We rent a car every year for disney during our annual florida trip. I have yet to find one place that can beat costco prices. And no u dont need to take a shuttle. The airport has prob 15 different car rental companies to choose from rite in the airport. Get off plain, grab luggage and get rental car all in same place. But, it is about $100 more to rent at airport because the airport adds their fee but well worth alittle extra to not have to deal with shuttles.

Another vote for Costco. We got a great deal for a two week mini van rental last summer in CA. It was around $650 for two weeks with unlimited miles.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!