Renewing Vows at Disney

my3sons77

Dreaming of a DVC membership
How much money would it cost? I know they would range in price but does anybody know the price ranges, etc?

Who here has done so and what package did you choose?

Hubby and I have been together for 16 years, married for 10. We have been through ALOT and want to renew our vows. We love each other more today than when we were married and there is no better place to get married again than Disney, right?! :thumbsup2

Any and all info would be appreciated :goodvibes

Congratulations!!:thumbsup2 I too would like information on vow renewal. We will be ast WDW in June celebrating our 25th anniversary and dont have a clue where to start.:confused3 ..any help from all you veteran Diser's would be terrific!!

If you haven't looked at the Disney wedding website for an idea of prices etc(though they may not be current) start there then depending on what additional info you are looking for call DFTW. There is alot of info on these boards as well.:goodvibes good luck

How much money would it cost? I know they would range in price but does anybody know the price ranges, etc?

Who here has done so and what package did you choose?

Hubby and I have been together for 16 years, married for 10. We have been through ALOT and want to renew our vows. We love each other more today than when we were married and there is no better place to get married again than Disney, right?! :thumbsup2

Any and all info would be appreciated :goodvibes

I am not sure how much help I will be, as my husband planned it all without me knowing... however, this is what I do know.

You can do a vow renewal through Disney (fairytale weddings), and look at their site. For 2009 to do an Escape Vow Renewal it is 4500 (this includes your location - except WP which is 1000 more- , a violinist, limo, cake/champagne, annual passes for 2, and your coordinator, and your flowers for you/husband). You have to stay at a disney hotel for 4 nights, and also get your own officiant, so add that to the cost. They have a TON of upgrades, as you can imagine. If you are having more than 18 guests, you must upgrade to a wishes, which has different minimums, the lowest looks to be about 10000, plus a 25 hotel room requirement (nights or rooms, depends on how you do it).

If that cost is too high, several disney world hotels also do things- I think the dolphin/swan (which can also have disney characters at it) is a couple of thousand. If you google, you should find several other hotels and options.

Another option, probably most affordable, is to do the vow renewal somewhere else in orlando area (or even cocoa beach) and come back for a dinner at the world- but if you want to be in wedding attire, it has to be at a restaurant out of the themeparks.

Oh- and actually, I did read somewhere that people hire a company (I've no idea the name, something like pixies maybe?) that come and do a quick vow renewal in the park for a few hundred dollars- but disney does not know about it, and you can't dress up or anything.

Hope that helps!

We did 2 VR in Disney...

At our 10th, we had a small "ceremony" in the OKW unit we were in and then went to dinner in France. Did all that without any real Disney help or fee.

At our 20th, decided that to go on the cruise was more cost effective, and renewed our vows for $1500. We had a great time, got all dressed for the occasion. Have come across more VR couples that have had intimate renewals on the cruise, and had just as much fun.

Good luck with your choices, either way it is the beautiful expression of your love that matters the most!!

cheryl

I am in the process of planning our vow renewal at WDW. We are booked for Nov. 9, 2009. We are having a Wishes wedding and the ceremony will be at the Wedding Pavilion and the cocktail hour and reception will be at the White Hall patio and the White Hall Room at the Grand Floridian. So far with about 50 people my cost is at about $14,000. This is without floral, linens, favors, invites, dress, photographer/videographer. We figure everything will cost us about $20,000. We never had a wedding and have been together 15 years, married 12 and have also been through a lot. We figure it's a once in a life time thing so why not go all out! Here are some sites that can help you with planning:

http://www.mouseweddings.com/wdwwedding.html
http://www.magicalkingdoms.com/ftw/wdw/index.html

Let me know if you have any other specific questions, I'd love to help. I am having so much fun planning. We just had a site visit and everything is so much prettier in person. We are so excited and can't wait!

Also, take a look at the planning journals. There have been a few vow renewals. In Disney's eyes a vow renewal and wedding are the same. They have 3 different packages, the escape, Wishes, and custom. You could also do a vow renewal on the Disney Cruise. The Swan and Dolphin resort also has a wedding/vow renewal package.

We are doing our 10th anniversary Vow Renewal on DCL right on the beach at Castaway Cay for $2500.

I am in the process of planning our vow renewal at WDW. We are booked for Nov. 9, 2009. We are having a Wishes wedding and the ceremony will be at the Wedding Pavilion and the cocktail hour and reception will be at the White Hall patio and the White Hall Room at the Grand Floridian. So far with about 50 people my cost is at about $14,000. This is without floral, linens, favors, invites, dress, photographer/videographer. We figure everything will cost us about $20,000. We never had a wedding and have been together 15 years, married 12 and have also been through a lot. We figure it's a once in a life time thing so why not go all out! Here are some sites that can help you with planning:

http://www.mouseweddings.com/wdwwedding.html
http://www.magicalkingdoms.com/ftw/wdw/index.html

Let me know if you have any other specific questions, I'd love to help. I am having so much fun planning. We just had a site visit and everything is so much prettier in person. We are so excited and can't wait!

Also, take a look at the planning journals. There have been a few vow renewals. In Disney's eyes a vow renewal and wedding are the same. They have 3 different packages, the escape, Wishes, and custom. You could also do a vow renewal on the Disney Cruise. The Swan and Dolphin resort also has a wedding/vow renewal package.

Great info! Thank you everybody for your responses. We won't be doing the VR for a few years (to save some money) but I want to start getting all my ducks in a row so that when we can afford it, all I have to do is book it. :thumbsup2

A VR at WDW is absolutely magical! My husband and I just did one on January 12. It was more elaborate than what you may be looking for. We had a full-blown "wedding" that we didn't have when we got married 24+ years ago. We did a dessert party the night before for about 65 people and then on the wedding day we had the ceremony at the wedding pavilion and a pre-reception and reception at the Grand Floridian for us and 35 guests. The link to my planning journal is in my signature. I haven't gotten to the wedding day in my trip report yet, but there are some sneak peek pictures starting at around page 94, IIRC.

Have fun with the planning. Dream big and then cut things out if necessary. You'll love working with the folks at Disney's Fairy Tale Weddings -- their goal is to make your dreams come true! :cloud9:

We are doing a 10 year vow renewal and party this September. We are keeping the VR part private (just our immediate family) and then everyone is invited to the reception, which will be an anniversary dinner to them. We are also planning on having a breakfast at the end of the weekend.

We are doing a "Wishes" VR because we wanted the Wedding Pavilion. But you could do an "Escape" pkg which is quite a bit less. In the end it depends on what you want and how many people you invite. You can go ultra inexpensive and get a suite and do the VR there. No matter what number you see right now though, if you aren't planning on acting for another year or two then pad it as each year prices go up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter