Relaxing at the Beach Club

Thanks for the photos from The Smokehouse marketplace. It looks like you get a good sized portion. Based on the link you posted to allears, prices are slightly higher than at last years F&W festival. Probably a sign of things to come for F&W this year.

I think this is a great addition to the Flower & Garden festival!

I stopped at the Florida Fresh booth and had the Shrimp and Stone Ground Grits with Andouille Sausage, Zellwood Corn, Tomatoes and Cilantro. It was good. Sorry for the poor picture, but I was more interested in eating it than taking a photo of it!

I then went to the Hanami booth at the Japan pavilion and had the
Chirashi Hanazushi - Grilled salmon, cooked shrimp, and crab stick served over a bed of fragrant ginger rice with Volcana and Dynamite sauce. It was OK, but not one of my favorites.

Epcot F&G by DVC Mike, on Flickr

Epcot F&G by DVC Mike, on Flickr

It looks like it's going to be a gorgeous day today! The high will be between 77-79 degrees.

I am looking forward to the start of the Flower & Garden festival tomorrow.

Here are some snapshots from the iPhone this morning.

Epcot 1 by DVC Mike, on Flickr

Epcot 2 by DVC Mike, on Flickr

Epcot 3 by DVC Mike, on Flickr

I guess it proves that if you are talented, it doesn't really matter what camera you use! :thumbsup2

:earsboy: Bill

So I just had coffee this morning to ensure I was hungry, as I planned on sampling several dishes today.

First up, I went to the Primavera Kitchen in Italy. I had the Asparagi con Aragosta all'Ortolana - Green asparagus and lobster with garden cocktail sauce. It was great, but pricey (at $7.75).

Epcot Flower and Garden: Italy by DVC Mike, on Flickr

Then, I went over to the Bauernmarkt at Germany and had the Potato Pancake with house made Apple Sauce. I liked it.

Epcot Flower and Garden: Germany by DVC Mike, on Flickr

I headed over to the Lotus House at China and had the Spring Pancake with Grilled Chicken and Green Apple. It was surprisingly good!

Epcot Flower and Garden: China by DVC Mike, on Flickr

Epcot Flower and Garden: China by DVC Mike, on Flickr

Even though it wasn't even Noon yet, I headed over to the Pineapple Promenade and ordered the Dole Whip with Siesta Key Spiced Rum. It was great.

Epcot Flower and Garden: Pineapple by DVC Mike, on Flickr

Finally, to finish off a rather large lunch, I walked back to L'Orangerie at France and ordered the Verrine charlotte au péches - Carmelized peaches with rosemary and light vanilla cream. Yummy!

Epcot Flower and Garden: France by DVC Mike, on Flickr

Even though it wasn't even Noon yet, I headed over to the Pineapple Promenade and ordered the Dole Whip with Siesta Key Spiced Rum. It was great.

Finally, to finish off a rather large lunch, I walked back to L'Orangerie at France and ordered the Verrine charlotte au péches - Carmelized peaches with rosemary and light vanilla cream. Yummy!
I have both of these on my list so thanks very much for the review and the photos. The peach dish in particular looks good!

Yay, a TR from DVC Mike! :cool1::cool1:

Love the pictures, which are still better on your iPhone than they would be if I were taking them on my camera.

Thanks to your great report, I'm getting even more excited about the new food booths for F&G - I'll be there in less than 7 weeks - woo hoo!

Wow! If they keep up this Food and Wining the Flower and Garden Festival, I'll be sure to want to come back!

Great photos and the food sounds really tasty!

So, later in the afternoon, with the sun low in the sky, I walked around World Showcase once again. Since the sun was low, the photos have a lot of shadows. It was pretty crowded.

I had the Spiced Lamb Kebab with couscous salad at Morocco. The lamb was tasty.

Epcot Flower & Garden: Morocco by DVC Mike, on Flickr

In Italy, I tried the Lasagna Primavera - Spinach Lasagna, green peas, zucchini, mushrooms, broccolini, béchamel and fresh tomatoes with garlic and basil leaves. It was so-so. Nothing special, so I wish I had passed on it.

Epcot Flower & Garden: Italy by DVC Mike, on Flickr

Back at the Smokehouse, I tried the Rocky Road Brownie Mousse. Yes, it was a brownie on the bottom covered with mousse with some marshmallows and nuts. A lot of chocolate, but good.

Epcot Flower & Garden: Smokehouse by DVC Mike, on Flickr

Finally, I went to the Florida Fresh booth and tried the Angel Food Cake with macerated Florida Berries. It was pretty good.

Epcot Flower & Garden: Florida by DVC Mike, on Flickr

Beautiful pics of the WS! Counting down until I'm there in May!! Thanks for sharing!!

Love the pics! The desserts look great. I am going to have to double up my time at the gym just so I can eat all of these treats . I have read on other reviews that the lasagna was just so so and to skip it, so I I shall. I am really looking forward to the smoke house:goodvibes

I went to the kick-off show for the Epcot Flower & Garden festival "Flower Power" concert series featuring Micky Dolenz of the Monkees. He performed hits like "Last Train to Clarksville" and "I'm a Believer". He was pretty good!

Micky Dolenz by DVC Mike, on Flickr

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter