Relax boys, the belly dancer does not want your singles! 9/2 final update p.87

I went in to check in at Pop Century & I think we were in our room by 4:45. We were in the 50's section. I had to laugh when I saw that giant "Lady" & "Tramp." It was exactly where Jenny wanted to stay so I had to send her another photo!

First order of business at Pop- showers! After driving for how many hours straight, it felt gooooood! The kids got baths & we were on our way to MK!:woohoo:

More to follow later!popcorn::

I'm shooting for 50s next month too.

I haven't done the all night drive since 1999. We were so excited. We left around 6 p.m. and got there about 6 a.m., cleaned up at the hotel, caught a McDonald's breakfast then hit DS. We were so excited to be there it didn't hit us until later that night. This was my oldest 2's first trip.

Love me some Sonic at happy hour. We send someone from work for this. It's called our "Afternoon Delight".:woohoo:

Me thinks the queen of dragging trippies out might get awfully thirsty munching on that popcorn. ;)
:

:lmao::lmao: Yep , I need a dr.pepper now!

I can't believe he bought dvc!!!:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana: You've been putting something in his kool-aid haven't you.?;)

I hate layovers, but layovers with kids is like being in the 7th level of hell, at least that's my observation.

Wow that's a lot, especially as you say it's one way!!!

Honestly, I don't know why they just don't add on $15 per ticket and say one bag is included. It's just sounds better that way. ;)

You all look so tired, was the flight cheaper because it was at night?

Not a penny cheaper. Last time we left early, had a layover, got to MCO around 8 pm and to the hotel about an hour later. The bags didn't get to our room until after midnight. We basically wasted an entire day traveling so I thought a red-eye might be better. :upsidedow

Woooohoooo you're there :yay:

Unreal. Heavenly. :cloud9:

I don't know. But it's worth a try also add this discount code to save 15% 9VISARD15. Let me know if it works.

:thanks: I will try it tomorrow!!!!

Yay! You both started! :cool1:

Post Disney blues are officially kicking in. I know we are going back soon, but still......

Keep the updates coming to cheer me up!

:hug: I feel ya! My blues haven't set in but I am still on a DVC high.

I love Sonic..We always have commercials for them, but there are none around here...such a tease :laughing:

We have one a mile from our house. Sonic's Happy Hour is the only legal Happy Hour in Utah. I am not kidding!!!! :lmao: :rotfl:I keep using Sonic as a bargaining tool to lure Jenna et al out west. :flower3:

I am so jealous! That Lady is more than I can handle!!! :cutie: Are the huge icons as neat as they appear?

Love me some Sonic at happy hour. We send someone from work for this. It's called our "Afternoon Delight".:woohoo:

Their ice is the best!!! :thumbsup2

:lmao: Yep , I need a dr.pepper now!

:rotfl2: I think you need something a little stronger!

I can't believe he bought dvc!!!:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana: You've been putting something in his kool-aid haven't you.?;)

I have been spiking his drink for over 16 years. Maybe the accumulation finally broke him. :rotfl: :angel: I don't care why he bought it or what her name is, I am happy as a pig in poo!

I hate layovers, but layovers with kids is like being in the 7th level of hell, at least that's my observation.

::yes:: Truer words were never spoken. It was pure hell! Next time I will pony up and find an early non-stop.

Because I am a total geek and kept the phone pics Jenna sent :blush: I am going to post them for her with her permission. These were posted in the pre-trippie but since we have some new readers and a few lurkers, we thought we should repost them as a picture tells the story best. :thumbsup2 I don't know what happened to the one of them in the Florida Visitor's Center?

Jenna and company crossing the Florida state line. I think Florida may have forgot it was the Sunshine State this May. :rolleyes1

2-1.jpg

Besides a negative pregnancy test, this is the next best thing to see :rotfl2:

3.jpg

Ad finally, the biggest coolest piece of 50 ft. pop art in all the World. Jenna et al scored a room in the 50's section!!!!

4.jpg

:cloud9: Welcome Home- I love that! I was just thinking about adding points today :idea: I spoke with the DVC QA folks about my paperwork, again, because they screwed up some of the info, and she said they could rewrite to add more now because we haven't closed or we could add on a minimum of 25 at another resort at a later date. :surfweb: The possibilities are endless. I was also thinking that with Gabby starting Jr High this fall it might be more difficult for me to be the negligent mom who allows her to miss school for vacation :laughing: and may have to go during more peak seasons. :scared:

Tell me about SSR.......popcorn::

Isn't the current promo for current owners, buy 100 points and get a "free" 3 days cruise? I would like to score during a great promo. I know we'll need more points. I have spent our current 160 about 50x in my head already!!!

I was a little freaked too but they were doing something for a Danskin race taking place so what was happening in the pic was that the cars were having to merge up ahead so traffic appeared far worse than it was.

[/COLOR]

yep, those DVC points add up quickly when you have to do all your vacations in the summer time.

Although we own at SSR we haven't been there and don't plan to go anytime soon. We just bought there b/c the points were cheaper and planned to just use those points at the other resorts at the 7 month mark.

If you don't take the cruise, then you can get $14/off per point as an add-on. ($98/pt for BLT for 100 pts or more). If you do 50-99 pts it's $106/pt.

If less than 50 pts, then it's $112/pt.

But double-check with your guide!:thumbsup2

I think they will flip when they see MK and end up adding on. I forgot about being able to hang out at the resorts and DTD so that's good. :goodvibes Have they been to WDW before?

You are going to love OKW!!!! Tell me what you booked there.....popcorn::

They've been to MK before but I don't think they've been to any of the other parks....I don't think they'll add on much more as Boyd can be a bit stubborn (must be a McDonald trait:sad2:;))

Hi I am back and on board for this TR !! Will be starting ine soon!!

Welcome back Honey

If you pre-order the photo pass CD it's cheaper check out this link
http://www.disneyphotopass.com/previsitcdplan.aspx

I think there's such a thing as ordering too early too. Someone said the time limit is 60 days. I'm 27 days out now, plus I'll have 30 days from the end of my trip to upload photos. You have the right to develop all the pictures on the CD. Since DH won't be there to take any pictures of me and DD isn't the greatest photographer yet I think this will be only way you'll be able to tell I went.

Thanks for that, it looks like a really good idea. I'll maybe see how the finances are panning out and buy it two or three weeks before we go (if I can last out that long)

I just started my TR !!!Comcheck out!!

Heading over there Rosie

None what-so-ever! :laughing: I think Nate even discussed having the kids stay with his parents(which they readily agreed to) with them when they were here, so things are definitely progressing towards an August trip!:thumbsup2

Well, they may love me, but I'll let them form their own opinions on Nate.:laughing: And the kids will not be coming this time. Even though I think Emma and Niamh would get along fabulously, Nate & I would like a little break from our little :angel:s.

Excellent news, looks like you'll be joining me in a wee Jakey's tour of the World. I agree that Niamh and Emma would probably get on like a house on fire but I also think it could be a partnership forged by the Devil LOL and if you guys are needing a wee break from the kiddliewinks that ain't what you need;):rotfl:

The Epcot ones are good, they're normally near Morocco but don't bother with the MK ones if they're the same as when we were there, they're right near the ice cream shop near the noodle place. Loads of trees in the way and rubbish view!

Smashin' thanks for the heads up Jo. We kind of thought that we knew where the Wishes area was and to be honest we sat at the Plaza the last time we went and had a great view so we may just do that again and forget the prefered viewing area.

Yay! You both started! :cool1:

Post Disney blues are officially kicking in. I know we are going back soon, but still......

Okay I'm in dozy moo mode, when are you going back Tracypopcorn::

Jenna and company crossing the Florida state line. I think Florida may have forgot it was the Sunshine State this May. :rolleyes1

2-1.jpg

Love it...:lmao:so true

yep, those DVC points add up quickly when you have to do all your vacations in the summer time.

Although we own at SSR we haven't been there and don't plan to go anytime soon. We just bought there b/c the points were cheaper and planned to just use those points at the other resorts at the 7 month mark.

If you don't take the cruise, then you can get $14/off per point as an add-on. ($98/pt for BLT for 100 pts or more). If you do 50-99 pts it's $106/pt.

If less than 50 pts, then it's $112/pt.

But double-check with your guide!:thumbsup2

:thanks: Disney messed up our initial paperwork so we still haven't closed. I am waiting for the new paperwork that has our names correct. ;) I am sort of thinking about adding on like 20 points now, only a little more needed for the down and the payment barely moves. I will call my guide. :thumbsup2

So you own SSR and BLT? :cool1: Have you ever had an issue booking at the 7 month mark?

They've been to MK before but I don't think they've been to any of the other parks....I don't think they'll add on much more as Boyd can be a bit stubborn (must be a McDonald trait:sad2:;))

Must be! :laughing:

Love it...:lmao:so true

:rotfl2: :rotfl: :lmao:

I don't want to go back to work today. :sad:

Awww Macushla:hug: the first day back at work is always pants isn't it:sad2:. Never mind just keep thinking about your beloved DVC membership and that'll get you through the day:rotfl:

:hug: Thinking about it is an understatement. I spent 2 full hours last night, after the kids went to bed, planning different trips and different point options! :surfweb:

:hug: Thinking about it is an understatement. I spent 2 full hours last night, after the kids went to bed, planning different trips and different point options! :surfweb:

:lmao:Can't say I'm shocked by that admission;) it is so incredibly cool:lovestruc, how could you NOT spend your time obssessing about it

So do your co-workers give you the "look" when you go all "Disney" on them?

Some do, some don't. My boss is actually a huge Mickey fan. Had me get her embroidered Ears on our last trip. Our psychiatrist (I work on a locked psych unit) was quizzing me about the reasons I :lovestruc Disney but he's a Freudian at heart so I don't pay much attention to him. ;) :rotfl2:

:thanks: Disney messed up our initial paperwork so we still haven't closed. I am waiting for the new paperwork that has our names correct. ;) I am sort of thinking about adding on like 20 points now, only a little more needed for the down and the payment barely moves. I will call my guide. :thumbsup2

So you own SSR and BLT? :cool1: Have you ever had an issue booking at the 7 month mark?

We own at SSR and AKV. I'm thinking about adding-on at BLT...

We booked BCV at 7 months and AKV at 11 months.

Our next trip is in November and we got in at BLT just over 6 months. However, our priority was to go in December, and that was completely booked at 6+ months. In fact all resorts except for OKW and SSR were booked for early December (1BR)

Jenna and I started planning our next Disney trip. :rolleyes1 :banana:

Yippee Yippee Yay Yay!!!

C'mon, fess up. You know you boozed up the 2nd grade! :laughing: The food sounds fabulous!
I think the teachers were hoping I put a little something extra in theirs!;)

I used it for toilet paper!
In the Grand Villa you didn't need to! I swear there must have been thirty extra rolls in there with all of those bathrooms!

Yay! You both started!

I soooooo know how you feel Tracy! It is hitting me hard! It gets worse every time. I think I need DA (Disneyholics Anonymous)!:sad2:

Jenna,.,....sounds like you had a very uneventful drive

I love Sonic..We always have commercials for them, but there are none around here...such a tease :laughing:
Yes, love the uneventful drives!:rotfl:

We don't have Sonic near us either and we, too, get the commercials! It is torture! There are rumors that one will be coming nearby, but not soon enough for me!

I haven't done the all night drive since 1999. We were so excited. We left around 6 p.m. and got there about 6 a.m., cleaned up at the hotel, caught a McDonald's breakfast then hit DS. We were so excited to be there it didn't hit us until later that night. This was my oldest 2's first trip.

Love me some Sonic at happy hour. We send someone from work for this. It's called our "Afternoon Delight".

:lmao:Afternoon Delight.....love it!

The all-night drive down just flies by! Coming home is another story!

We have one a mile from our house. Sonic's Happy Hour is the only legal Happy Hour in Utah. I am not kidding!!!! :lmao: I keep using Sonic as a bargaining tool to lure Jenna et al out west.
I would be at Happy Hour everyday! Not the bar.....Sonic!!! I love how close yours is, but I think in my visits, we haven't even gone there!:confused3

I have been spiking his drink for over 16 years. Maybe the accumulation finally broke him. :angel: I don't care why he bought it or what her name is, I am happy as a pig in poo!
:lmao::rotfl2::rotfl: "what her name is....":lmao::rotfl2: Actually, I think here name is Jenna and Michael just got sick & tired of hearing me tell you guys to buy!

Because I am a total geek and kept the phone pics Jenna sent :blush: I am going to post them for her with her permission.
Thank you for posting them!:flower3: I deleted them off of my phone.

:lmao::rotfl2::rotfl2:I think I just peed my pants!

Just wanted to go off topic & say "Hi" Marshay! Congratulations on your new baby! I bet she's a beauty!

Excellent news, looks like you'll be joining me in a wee Jakey's tour of the World. I agree that Niamh and Emma would probably get on like a house on fire but I also think it could be a partnership forged by the Devil LOL and if you guys are needing a wee break from the kiddliewinks that ain't what you need;):rotfl:
I can't wait to hear these Scottish words spoken in person! (And maybe I can learn a few more that can't be said here!;))

Jenna and I started planning our next Disney trip.
Yes, we have!!:thumbsup2
Maybe we should get this trippie finished first!:laughing:

Just wanted to go off topic & say "Hi" Marshay! Congratulations on your new baby! I bet she's a beauty!

Hello back!! I'm glad I found you guys again.

Yeah, she's a sweetie! Of course at this age, all babies are cuties.

If you take a quick dive into my PTR for Nov below, the very first post has a pic of Elie as a newborn.;)

We own at SSR and AKV. I'm thinking about adding-on at BLT...

We booked BCV at 7 months and AKV at 11 months.

Our next trip is in November and we got in at BLT just over 6 months. However, our priority was to go in December, and that was completely booked at 6+ months. In fact all resorts except for OKW and SSR were booked for early December (1BR)

Yippee Yippee Yay Yay!!!

Wow! :thumbsup2 That's awesome!!!! Aren't we always thinking about adding on? ;)

OKW and SSR are the biggest resorts by far so that makes total sense that they would fill slower.

Dates, we need dates!

Well...........June 2011 in Disneyland!!!! :woohoo:I promised DH our first use of DVC points would not be for Disney and really, I like to see other places too. We have 160 points to use by Nov 2010 so we are thinking about Zihua, Mexico in Feb 2010 or DH is doing the Ford Ironman in St. George, Utah in May 2010 and we could use it there because we'll be there 5 days though I really don't want to! :scared1: Can you imagine the story: I used my first set of DVC points in St. George, Utah? :scared:

I think the teachers were hoping I put a little something extra in theirs!;)

:rotfl2: Sounds like Jon's could use some!

In the Grand Villa you didn't need to! I swear there must have been thirty extra rolls in there with all of those bathrooms!

:lmao: There was a lot of tp!!! Another great title!

I would be at Happy Hour everyday! Not the bar.....Sonic!!! I love how close yours is, but I think in my visits, we haven't even gone there!:confused3

Yes we have. We went after shopping that one day.

:lmao::rotfl2::rotfl: "what her name is....":lmao::rotfl2: Actually, I think here name is Jenna and Michael just got sick & tired of hearing me tell you guys to buy!

:rotfl: I love it!!!!!! Clearly he didn't get sick of it though he may get sick of me making him look at the all of the places we can stay. :laughing:

Thank you for posting them!:flower3: I deleted them off of my phone.

Of course! :hug:

:lmao::rotfl2::rotfl2:I think I just peed my pants!

You know it's true!

Yes, we have!!:thumbsup2
Maybe we should get this trippie finished first!:laughing:

If we do a pre-trippie, it will have to be on the Disneyland board. :faint: They have some cool cats over there too though. :grouphug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter