Rejected Cast Member (racism)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just thought I update this to say I offically don't give a **** about disneyland anymore. My cousin got group discount tickets for her daughters at DISNEYLAND ANAHEIM/LOS ANGELES, for her 4th birthday which was today and my and my fiance and our two children went to the group tickets booth to claim our tickets and this ***** said that our tickets were never registered and that we would have to pay full price to be in my cousins group. That is just utter crap and didn't make any sense. It's not my cousins fault that the damn company didn't do their job right. ugh. No offense to you guys that like disney but I never have these problems with knotts or universal.

Just thought I update this to say I offically don't give a **** about disneyland anymore. My cousin got group discount tickets for her daughters at DISNEYLAND ANAHEIM/LOS ANGELES, for her 4th birthday which was today and my and my fiance and our two children went to the group tickets booth to claim our tickets and this ***** said that our tickets were never registered and that we would have to pay full price to be in my cousins group. That is just utter crap and didn't make any sense. It's not my cousins fault that the damn company didn't do their job right. ugh. No offense to you guys that like disney but I never have these problems with knotts or universal.

Well, that's your decision. I'm sorry you've had problems, but at least other guests won't have to deal with your attitude while in the park.

Enjoy Knott's Berry Farm and Universal ... at least until they make you angry, too.

And an attitude like that is precisely why Disneyland never gave a darn about you in the first place...

Best of luck to you, you'll need it...

Well, that's your decision. I'm sorry you've had problems, but at least other guests won't have to deal with your attitude while in the park.

Enjoy Knott's Berry Farm and Universal ... at least until they make you angry, too.

And an attitude like that is precisely why Disneyland never gave a darn about you in the first place...

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

OP it must suck to have such a huge chip on your shoulder all the time. :(

Please a friend of mine went to Universal to have a cast member at the front gate yell at them to tell them their tickets were fake. Tore them up and sent them back to the ticket booth. They just left. Personally I was not going to reply on this board because of it being a race thing. But now I cant take it anymore. You need to get over yourself. Disneyland is going to do the best they can and if your cousin did something wrong (which should could have easily done) then the tickets may not have appeared. Disneyland was not waiting for you to show up so they can get at the black girl. Like please get over yourself. But honestly don't go no more. Make the lines shorter for the rest of us.

I just want to thank everyone again as I feel I need to update this.

I once again applied, interviewed and was told thanks but no thanks again. I think I'm too old for the college program now (I'm 23.), so I just applied online and this time it was a group interview in which everytime it was my turn to ask a question, the recruiters looked uninterested. Once again I was the only black person and minority there. Everyone else was white. I was given an email about an hour and a half after the interview that I wasn't hired and to try again in six months. That is just not right. If the company is prejudiced or not, that isn't a nice way to handle recruiting.

Idk, just life sucks right now. Having trouble finding a job period. My fiance suffered an injury at work. My mother passed away since. My fiance family doesn't want to support us being that his family is white and I'm black. Idk. I just want to thank you guys for your advice and just thought I'd say I don't think I'm gonna apply at disneyland anymore. Whether it's racism or just bad luck. Possibly both.

Have a blessed day. <3

I think the part underlined and bolded has spawned everything on this thread. It just took til this point to come out.

Since Disney has such a large pool of candidates to choose from, they can be picky, regardless of what you're trying for. The job markets still stink as well. There's a lot of people still out of work.

That said, I bolded and underlined part of your post. Here's why: It seems you're feeling pressure from home. Obviously there's tension that has you basically seeing you vs the racial world. Let me ask this... If your fiance's family WAS supportive of you in your relationship with him, would your attitude be different as to why you're not getting hired with Disney?

Over several posts in this thread you maintain your stance with the racial bias. You've been through countless interviews with Disney. Maybe it's time to change your approach. Remember, it's not who you are, it's how you are perceived. At my current employer, there is actually a website with all of the interview questions listed, from promotions obviously, and they want to hear X,Y,Z for answers from you apparently. I haven't been promoted yet because I haven't "jumped through their hoops" and given them the answer they WANT to hear, as I give them the answer that I have experienced or would be using when in the situation they reference.

So I think you need to look at a few things: The home life is a source of your problems that you are taking it out on in the job world (you even admitted in this post I quoted that it is so). You need to jump through the hoops. A smile is a smile, but great HR reps are going to be able to see through a fake smile that you "throw on" for an interview. If everyone knows that you have to be bright and bubbly and smile lots, that's not all Disney is after, go back and remember what their questions were that they asked. What answers did you give them? Could you have worded it better? Was it the answer they wanted to hear that was also something you believe in?

Use this forum to find the CMs, former and current, and ask them how they answered the questions, and see how it differs from yours. You might be surprised at what you see. Also, did you have to submit a list of references for this? Are your references causing you a hard time? You could possibly be doing everything right, but after a call to a reference or two, especially if it's someone who has seen a darker side of you, or that you've upset recently, they're not giving you the positive bright bubbly endorsement that you need, and that is further helping the HR reps see that you're "putting on a show" and that something's a miss.

Completely agree. I am going to say Disney made the right decision in not hiring you with your poor attitude and crazy accusations. :thumbsup2

that's just your biased opinion. I have the right to be upset to not be hired after she told me that I was and being shown a paper of employee guidelines and duties.

that girl knew nothing outside of me other than my professional background and the way my body language was perceived by her which was "this black girl seems threatening I don't want her scaring off the tourists that come to disneyland vibe."

It's time for you to reflect and realize this is about you. This is not about Disney, Universal, all the other companies not hiring you, or your fiance's family.

If you continue to get the same results then you need to think about what you are doing and not continue to blame everyone else. It's apparent from your posts on the DIS that you have a big chip on your shoulder and shift blame to others instead of reflecting on yourself. This is going to come across to anyone you encounter.

I think the part underlined and bolded has spawned everything on this thread. It just took til this point to come out.

Since Disney has such a large pool of candidates to choose from, they can be picky, regardless of what you're trying for. The job markets still stink as well. There's a lot of people still out of work.

That said, I bolded and underlined part of your post. Here's why: It seems you're feeling pressure from home. Obviously there's tension that has you basically seeing you vs the racial world. Let me ask this... If your fiance's family WAS supportive of you in your relationship with him, would your attitude be different as to why you're not getting hired with Disney?

Over several posts in this thread you maintain your stance with the racial bias. You've been through countless interviews with Disney. Maybe it's time to change your approach. Remember, it's not who you are, it's how you are perceived. At my current employer, there is actually a website with all of the interview questions listed, from promotions obviously, and they want to hear X,Y,Z for answers from you apparently. I haven't been promoted yet because I haven't "jumped through their hoops" and given them the answer they WANT to hear, as I give them the answer that I have experienced or would be using when in the situation they reference.

So I think you need to look at a few things: The home life is a source of your problems that you are taking it out on in the job world (you even admitted in this post I quoted that it is so). You need to jump through the hoops. A smile is a smile, but great HR reps are going to be able to see through a fake smile that you "throw on" for an interview. If everyone knows that you have to be bright and bubbly and smile lots, that's not all Disney is after, go back and remember what their questions were that they asked. What answers did you give them? Could you have worded it better? Was it the answer they wanted to hear that was also something you believe in?

Use this forum to find the CMs, former and current, and ask them how they answered the questions, and see how it differs from yours. You might be surprised at what you see. Also, did you have to submit a list of references for this? Are your references causing you a hard time? You could possibly be doing everything right, but after a call to a reference or two, especially if it's someone who has seen a darker side of you, or that you've upset recently, they're not giving you the positive bright bubbly endorsement that you need, and that is further helping the HR reps see that you're "putting on a show" and that something's a miss.

Why should the fiancée's family's have to support them? They're grown with children, shouldn't they support themselves?

Maybe it's time to realize that you're probably not Disney cast member material and to say that don't hire people of color is just ridiculous. Talking bad about a cast member who interviewed isn't going to help you either in the long run.

I have never been so disappointed to read something like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter