• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Regular Park Ticket Credit for Gold Annual Pass

CSpork

Earning My Ears
I know the Gold Pass is "Blockout" from Dec 18-Jan 2. However, can anyone clear up for me this questions? If we buy standard park tickets can we apply that value towards the purchase of the Gold Annual Pass? We have a reservation for Dec 26-Jan 2 currently with no tickets. We also are looking at a 25th Wedding Anniversary trip Next May and an Annual Pass would be the best value while Knocking out two trips? Any help is appreciated?

Yes. If you upgrade after the black out dates, but before they expire, you can buy the Gold AP and it will be backdated to the first day of the trip,

Well, that is the rule Currently.

Yes. If you upgrade after the black out dates, but before they expire, you can buy the Gold AP and it will be backdated to the first day of the trip,

Well, that is the rule Currently.
Thanks, much appreciated. The blackout is until Jan 2, this will be our last day on trip. If I understand you correctly, I would need to convert ticket to Gold AP on Jan 3? If this is true, I may need to purchase an extra days worth?

No, you can upgrade on the 2nd, just do it when you leave the park before guest services closes,

If you are going to be there late, then yes, buy the extra day!

Sounds like you have it covered, but I asked this question a few months back and got some good answers. As I understood it, you could convert to the Gold AP even if you were still in the block out period, as somebody reported doing it on December 26 last year.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/u...-during-block-out-days.3785842/#post-61429344

Once updated though, the blackout days start. You can upgrade during, but you only want to if your park days are over,

So, if one wants to visit until Dec 31st, you wouldn’t want to upgrade any sooner or youd now be blocked out!

Once updated though, the blackout days start. You can upgrade during, but you only want to if your park days are over,

So, if one wants to visit until Dec 31st, you wouldn’t want to upgrade any sooner or youd now be blocked out!
Got it. The key is to upgrade on the very last day then.

I guess the next question will be if I can actually get tickets for that week?? DVC hotel is reserved already, was just waiting on tickets! They may be the hardest part of all :oops:

I think once they announce new system and get current people registered, it will open quick.

IMO. I’d expect new ticket sales by mid July at the latest! But a guess by me only.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter