Regarding having souvenirs sent to your resort..

GammaPro74

Earning My Ears
... rather than carrying them around the parks.. Is that one of the things currently suspended? Or, is that still something that can be done?

Thanks in advance.

... rather than carrying them around the parks.. Is that one of the things currently suspended? Or, is that still something that can be done?

Thanks in advance.
Still suspended. Who knows when or even if it will return? If it does, you can expect that Disney will charge for the service. They monetize everything else.

Still can’t do it yet. I wonder if it comes back will it be only for Deluxe hotels like Evening extra park time?

Still suspended. Who knows when or even if it will return? If it does, you can expect that Disney will charge for the service. They monetize everything else.

Did they also suspend sending items to the front of the park for pick-up as you exit?

They’re only hurting themselves. Make it less convenient for people to buy, and they will buy less
unless you’re new and don’t know that this was provided in the past.

It’s like Disney wants to turn us into old-timers who tell people, “When i was younger, Disney would deliver your purchases to your hotel room! They had a free bus service from the airport to the hotels, and they got your bags for you! Photo downloads were free if you had an Annual Pass! Fastpass was free! You could go to whatever park you wanted without making a reservation! They had trams in the parking lots so you didn’t have to walk the whole way!”

unless you’re new and don’t know that this was provided in the past.

It’s like Disney wants to turn us into old-timers who tell people, “When i was younger, Disney would deliver your purchases to your hotel room! They had a free bus service from the airport to the hotels, and they got your bags for you! Photo downloads were free if you had an Annual Pass! Fastpass was free! You could go to whatever park you wanted without making a reservation! They had trams in the parking lots so you didn’t have to walk the whole way!”

I think it still makes people buy less. Who wants to carry around their purchases all day?

That service was VERY costly . CM's at park-transportation - resort.
If really want item , purchase it last/end of day.

I think it still makes people buy less. Who wants to carry around their purchases all day?
Exactly, so you may say you’ll come back and get it, but then you forget, get busy, get too tired to walk back to that particular place, deal with the crowd, insert excuse here, and you leave. That whim that may have swept you up to buy this or that is then thought about during the day, and you realize you don’t need another of whatever.

I'm still trying to figure out what we'll do with purchases during our upcoming trip. I think it will absolutely affect how much we shop and spend. It was so easy when purchases were shipped to the resort.

A very small amount of the stores (non-Disney owned) will hold the purchases for you. I had someone at the mask store in Italy offer to do it for me. We had a stroller with us so just stuck it in the bottom of that and took the bag with us when we rode any rides (stuck it in the diaper bag/backpack). I rarely used the service since I couldn't decide what I wanted until my last day anyway and you had to have two days for them to send it back to your resort.

Speaking of old folks telling your kids, I can remember when they actually delivered the packages to your room. It was always so much fun to walk in the room and find the bed full of bags.

What I tend to do now is just use the last half of my last day to hop around to all the parks where I wanted something or even to do it on the morning I leave. I drive down so I can just throw it all in my car and not worry about having to pack it.

We were at AK last week and the two main stores by the Tree of Life will hold your purchases for you. The CM said those are the only two stores in that park that are doing this right now. Not sure about the other parks, as we didn't ask at them.

What about with Droid Depot? My kids are making droids and the latest I could get is 11 so we will still have them with us for most of the day. I don’t know how to handle that as we go on rides.

That service was VERY costly . CM's at park-transportation - resort.
If really want item , purchase it last/end of day.
This doesn't seem that costly to me. I know they have couriers between resorts already. Have 2-4 CM leave from each of the four parks at a certain time of day (or maybe twice a day). They can drop-off at each resort at bell services. Yes, there is labor (and transport) cost but (a) again I know that they already do resort-resort and park-resort courier services and (b) they can organize it so that CMs aren't making 30 trips a day. I mean, at this point, services like Shipt, etc have gotten it down to do exactly that (several individual stops). Given the perceived benefit to guest (I am one who won't buy a thing that I have to carry around) - it would seem worth it (even if it had, for instance, a 2-3 dollar surcharge for each delivery, not item). I probably wouldn't do it for something like a magnet - but if I were buying a bunch of things or something heavy/fragile? Definitely.

All of that said, there's also WAY less need to buy things when you see them. SO much merch is homogenized now that if you really want the 2021 Shirt or Spirit Jersey, you'll likely find it again at the end of the night, next park, resort, or DS. There are some things tied to specific rides/lands/parks - but I was dismayed (and not surprised) that almost all of what I saw at Creations was what I saw in the various shops in DHS as well as Main Street (MK).

Also let it be known if it doesn’t have the Disney parks logo on the back if the receipt they cannot ship it. This is really only an issue for a few stores in World Showcase and Disney Springs.

So if you hop over to Universal or Sea World for a day, ship from there or make sure it can fit in bags on your way home.

I do want to say I commend the way the hotel stores send stuff now. My droid came home impeccably packed as did my lightsaber. Event he stuff we had sent home from the parks (we bought some holiday themed pillows we did not want to pack in our suitcases) we’re impeccably packed.

This is a bummer! While we never had things sent to our resort, we did use the front of resort pick-up multiple times. It was wonderful to not have to carry everything around all day and just grab it on our way out. I hope they bring, at least, this back!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter