Refurbishments/Rehab dates, Check here first

I'm going Feb 13-23.

I send an email to Universal asking which attraction were going to be closed in February 13 to 23 and they sent me this email:

Dear Ms B,

Thank you for contacting Universal Orlando® Guest Services.

At this time, The Flying Unicorn® and The Enchanted Oak Tavern® have permanently closed as construction continues on The Wizarding World of Harry Potter™.

As of this writing, no other attractions are scheduled to be closed during the timeframe of your visit; however, please be advised that our operating hours are subject to change at any time without notice.

So i guess Ripsaw, popeye and disaster will be out from refurb on that days.

Does anyone know how long Disaster will be closed for rehab? It appears that Universal's web site is no longer listing closure dates or at least has not been updated to list current closures. Is there any other place this information would be listed?

I'm going the week before the previous poster and sent them a similar email. They sent me the same response. So if Ripsaw is going down for rehab, it's only going to be for the first few days of February.

Also, do any of you guys know whether Hulk is undergoing rehab right now? It hasn't been listed on the wait times website in at least three days.

DM (or others) please clarify for me: Is the DD castle NOT going to be converted to Hogwarts castle???? That was my assumption, but it looks like not so cool. I always loved the castle. we are going again next weekend to get our AP's for this year. Been on a self-impossed exile from Universal for 2 years while the new rides come up. was hoping DD would be open. So Disaster is really the only ride down for MLK weekend? dont care about the Unicorn; glad its becoming a Hippogriff. a little less pansy.

The DD castle is being re-themed to associate with it's Dragon Challenge storyline. This is why the queue for Dueling Dragons is so wonky. Hogwarts/ Harry Potter & the Forbidden Journey are separate in every physical aspect from Dragons. They're just in the same vicinity.

If you click on the individual ride/attraction on Universal's web site, it states if the ride is closed for refurbishment. Woody Coaster and Popeye/Bluto it gave dates for closure from 1/3 thru 1/13. Disaster it just said currently closed with no dates listed - I guess this may mean it will be closed for a longer period of time.:confused3

If you click on the individual ride/attraction on Universal's web site, it states if the ride is closed for refurbishment. Woody Coaster and Popeye/Bluto it gave dates for closure from 1/3 thru 1/13. Disaster it just said currently closed with no dates listed - I guess this may mean it will be closed for a longer period of time.:confused3

Where do i have to look the refurbishment dates? I've been looking and I havent found it. I'll be going to Orlando Feb 13th - Feb 23th.

What are the refurbs during that time? or the attractions closure?

Thank you in advance.

Does anyone know what will be closed May 27 - 30 or where I can find out?

Nothing is planned to be closed except those things associated with Harry Potter. Even they may be soft opened but you will never know that information in advance.

We are heading to Universal on May 24th and I am trying to find the refurb schedule... I see that the JAWS ride is currently closed but there are no dates stated on for how long.
Does anyone know how long that ride is closed for?
If its not even going to be open when we are there, we may skip Universal Studios all together since that was the "main" ride we all were highly looking forward to going for.
I don't see a refurb schedule anywhere... Help!

We are heading to Universal on May 24th and I am trying to find the refurb schedule... I see that the JAWS ride is currently closed but there are no dates stated on for how long.
Does anyone know how long that ride is closed for?
If its not even going to be open when we are there, we may skip Universal Studios all together since that was the "main" ride we all were highly looking forward to going for.
I don't see a refurb schedule anywhere... Help!
There is no official refurb schedule. As of right now, nothing is closed for refurb.

Jaws was closed 5/2-5/8 (according to my park map). So, it should be open again today. I'm pretty sure it was just down for its 'annual' refurb.

There is no official refurb schedule. As of right now, nothing is closed for refurb.

Jaws was closed 5/2-5/8 (according to my park map). So, it should be open again today. I'm pretty sure it was just down for its 'annual' refurb.
Jaws is still closed. It should be back from its refurb at the end of this week/start of next week.

Not sure about FF but Twister has reopened on a regular basis. It could be open daily until Spring Break is over and then close until summer...but it's open now.

I had found this out on Wikipedia about Fear Factor closing? ?? i dont know if this is true or not but i fought it was worth it.

"On August 2009, Fear Factor Live at Universal Studios Florida closed for "Bill and Ted's Excellent Halloween Adventure," but is still closed with the sign covered. This has led to some speculation that the show will remain closed permanently. However, it has been reported that the attraction will re-open for the Summer 2010 season.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fear_Factor_Live :)

I had found this out on Wikipedia about Fear Factor closing? ?? i dont know if this is true or not but i fought it was worth it.

"On August 2009, Fear Factor Live at Universal Studios Florida closed for "Bill and Ted's Excellent Halloween Adventure," but is still closed with the sign covered. This has led to some speculation that the show will remain closed permanently. However, it has been reported that the attraction will re-open for the Summer 2010 season.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fear_Factor_Live :)
It's still closed right now, but they had a job offering on the site that mentioned FF. It was for HHN/FF Stunt Rigging, so it looks like it may be back this summer if not at another time.

Any word on Universal/IoA closures for the first week of October 2010? I couldn't find future closure schedules anywhere.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter