Reflections: A Disney Lakeside Resort

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems the Reflections development is fenced off and has been left as-is from what I have seen from video within the last week. Would anyone know if they will restart the project when the appropriate time is among the DVC budget?
I don't think the site is dead forever, but if history has taught us anything it is that Disney does not revive a concept after it dies. We may see this site used for a development one day, but it may not be the next DVC property at WDW and likely will be completely redesigned and rethemed.

I don't think the site is dead forever, but if history has taught us anything it is that Disney does not revive a concept after it dies. We may see this site used for a development one day, but it may not be the next DVC property at WDW and likely will be completely redesigned and rethemed.

Noticeable today was also a lack of mentioning it in the IAAPA release although they did reference the Disneyland DVC Tower.

It seems the Reflections development is fenced off and has been left as-is from what I have seen from video within the last week. Would anyone know if they will restart the project when the appropriate time is among the DVC budget?
If this project restarts I have to imagine it will be a new concept.

Excellent example is DVC in DTD. It ended up being added to the Disneyland hotel.

Given its location, I would still expect it to be a DVC property, but most likely a new concept. The previous concept didn't excite me much, so wouldn't be disappointed to see it changed.
Whatever it is I don’t expect it to be a hotel-DVC hybrid. I think DVC is still reasonably likely but I could easily see the site reimagined for almost anything.

But if they’ve learned anything from this pandemic, it’s probably that having so many DVC-Hotel hybrids is a burden, not a blessing.

While we have never stayed at FW, we have visited the grounds each trip. The quiet solitude is a large part of its charm. Many people choose FW because of this solitude and unspoiled areas available to enjoy. The riding trails and pathways through the wooded areas are unique in WDW. Any encroachment by a resort would be to the detriment of this ambience. FW would never be the same. So cancelation of these plans is welcome news, indeed.

Last edited:
Best news I've heard out of Disney in quite a while.

It was a stupid themed resort considering the resorts it was being put next to.

Shame how they destroyed the peaceful area next to Pioneer Hall. Beautiful shade oaks, Mickeys Back Yard BBQ. Now looks like Sahara.

At least River Country finally got put to rest.

It's gone?

It was torn up in spots with the Reflections site work and is currently blocked at both the WL and FW ends. I doubt the intent was to permanently remove the path, so I’m hoping if the site does in fact remain dormant for awhile they’ll come back and do what they need to do to reopen it, at some point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter