Refillable Popcorn Buckets

I was curious how the capacity compared to other buckets. We have never bought one before so I don't have a good frame of reference. We are planning to get one on this trip though.
It would probably take about 2 - 3 boxes to fill the balloon completely (including the ears). Most likely the castmember will give you one box if you ask for it separately from the balloon, but maybe they'll fill the ears if you ask for the popcorn in the balloon. Our experience was it depended on the castmember.

Just got back after 8 days in the Parks...like I previously mentioned, we had an "old" blue lid and handle bucket that we got this past Oct. The first 4-5 days we had no problems get the bucket refilled several times each day and at all four parks. But, on day 6, we got shot down the one time we tried at MK and were told that we were using an old bucket and that they were only good for the length of stay. On day #7, got it refilled in AK, but CM gave me a "funny" look, and then we got shot down again in Epcot on Day #8. I did notice though that as our trip went on, I started to see more and more green buckets across all the parks (I think HS was still selling blue ones though, but they were kind of a metallic looking blue). My approach was "the worst thing they could say is No." But, we'll definitely get a new bucket for our Summer trip.

And as already mentioned...$1.75 in MK and $1.50 in all other parks.

Is there a list anywhere that shows speciality popcorn and where the stands are located in each park ?

And those popcorns are the refill price correct ?!?

The link that somebody posted above specifically said they were good for day of purchase only!! I copied this from that link:

Beginning June 26, guests at Walt Disney World will be able to purchase a refillable souvenir popcorn bucket. The initial cost of the bucket is $10; refills will be $1.50. WDW News Todaysays the discounted refills are “for the remainder of the day.” It’s unclear yet how this will work and how refills would be monitored each day.
You can even being them back on another trip!!
It is no longer just the day!!

Is there a list anywhere that shows speciality popcorn and where the stands are located in each park ?

And those popcorns are the refill price correct ?!?

I, too, would like to know. We've always skipped the popcorn in the past and now I think my family was missing out.

Online, I found lots of pictures of the popcorn stands and buckets, but not really a good list of the flavors and where to find them.

I, too, would like to know. We've always skipped the popcorn in the past and now I think my family was missing out.

Online, I found lots of pictures of the popcorn stands and buckets, but not really a good list of the flavors and where to find them.

There's not that many flavor stands. I believe the maple one went away in MK, so as far as I know the only other flavors other than original are at Epcot. Maple, Buffalo blue cheese & cheddar

Like the previous poster said there's a maple cart outside of Canada in Epcot. There's also a cart near the Land Pavilion in Epcot with Buffalo & Blue Cheese, Cheddar and Sour Cream & Chives.

There's not that many flavor stands. I believe the maple one went away in MK, so as far as I know the only other flavors other than original are at Epcot. Maple, Buffalo blue cheese & cheddar

Thanks! Maybe we're not missing out after all.

I'll save my empty calorie budget for Mickey Bars :)

For ap holders with an older bucket- We were given a hard time about refilling a blue handle/lid bucket today, though the cm did it. When he was told we were told at time of purchase that our bucket would be valid for the entire length of our annual pass, he said that was incorrect and it is valid for length of stay-something that doesn’t apply to local ap holders.

For ap holders with an older bucket- We were given a hard time about refilling a blue handle/lid bucket today, though the cm did it. When he was told we were told at time of purchase that our bucket would be valid for the entire length of our annual pass, he said that was incorrect and it is valid for length of stay-something that doesn’t apply to local ap holders.

The bucket is supposed to be good for your length of stay according to the fine print on the menu although that haven't been very strict in the past. I used the same bucket for a whole year even during the holidays. They intentionally changed the handle to neon green so I think they're starting to tighten down on us. If I were you I'd purchase a new bucket.

Our bucket from last summer is currently being used to hold markers!! Not putting popcorn back in that one!!! We will be buying a new one this summer. I’m thinking I’ll just carry the receipt we get when we purchase it the first day so if it’s good the length of stay we can show them we are still on our stay!!::yes::

I don’t have a length of stay. I go for a day trip roughly once a month, and do not always get a refill. I’ve only refilled this bucket 4 times since September. I haven’t gotten my money out of the first bucket yet- certaintly not buying one every few months.

On the Disney World Mom's question and answer thing on Disney World's own website it says they've rolled out a refillable bucket for annual passholders that is good for length of pass in Disney World. I can't find it again but it was from sometime in 2018 I think. It also says refillable for annual passholders is only for Disney World on another Mom's panel answer which I found looking for the first one I mentioned in this post. Then the Disney website touts a special refillable bucket for annual passholders at California's Disneyland. So I'm going with as usual confusion reigns and YMMV.

My next door neighbor's workmate got a refillable bucket in early February in Disney World and passed it on to the neighbor for their trip in late March. They found the exact same buckets still on sale in some locations and had no trouble getting refills although I think they said they paid $1.79 for the refills. That may just be the approximate price with tax possibly. They've offered it to us for our trip.

I could pretend to be all goody two shoes but I won't. Other than the fact our trip is so far out I'm sure they won't still be selling these buckets, I'm of two minds about this. On the one hand I see that it technically circumvents the rules. On the other hand from the standpoint of Disney surely they expected some of this and have priced the popcorn only option so that they make money on it. Given I can buy a 12 oz bag of unpopped corn for less than the refill costs guessing this is correct.

I actually started looking into this because I was curious whether it would be allowed to get the refillable bucket I purchased when we visited Disney World in the early 2000's refilled. I paid $15.99 and there was nothing anywhere about how long it was good at the time. I will have to look for it but somewhere I have a picture of the sign I took at the time because we thought we'd be returning the next year. We talked to someone at our resort who'd bought one the year before and had no trouble refilling it back at that time.

I do love the refillable popcorn buckets and we get one every trip and use it for that trip only. I certainly wouldn't want to take up room packing it and bringing it down to Florida with us again, even if we could get refills on another trip. It is certainly worth the money for 4 or 5 days in the park.

On the Disney World Mom's question and answer thing on Disney World's own website it says they've rolled out a refillable bucket for annual passholders that is good for length of pass in Disney World. I can't find it again but it was from sometime in 2018 I think. It also says refillable for annual passholders is only for Disney World on another Mom's panel answer which I found looking for the first one I mentioned in this post. Then the Disney website touts a special refillable bucket for annual passholders at California's Disneyland. So I'm going with as usual confusion reigns and YMMV.

My next door neighbor's workmate got a refillable bucket in early February in Disney World and passed it on to the neighbor for their trip in late March. They found the exact same buckets still on sale in some locations and had no trouble getting refills although I think they said they paid $1.79 for the refills. That may just be the approximate price with tax possibly. They've offered it to us for our trip.

I could pretend to be all goody two shoes but I won't. Other than the fact our trip is so far out I'm sure they won't still be selling these buckets, I'm of two minds about this. On the one hand I see that it technically circumvents the rules. On the other hand from the standpoint of Disney surely they expected some of this and have priced the popcorn only option so that they make money on it. Given I can buy a 12 oz bag of unpopped corn for less than the refill costs guessing this is correct.

I actually started looking into this because I was curious whether it would be allowed to get the refillable bucket I purchased when we visited Disney World in the early 2000's refilled. I paid $15.99 and there was nothing anywhere about how long it was good at the time. I will have to look for it but somewhere I have a picture of the sign I took at the time because we thought we'd be returning the next year. We talked to someone at our resort who'd bought one the year before and had no trouble refilling it back at that time.

There is an AP popcorn bucket at Disneyland but not WDW.

Refills are $1.75, although a couple stands might still show $1.50. I don't think they've gotten around to bumping up every stand yet.

The current bucket is a white and lime green bucket with a lime green lid

Is there a location to purchase the refillable bucket at Disney Springs?

I think I have about 8 different popcorn buckets kicking around. I'll have to see if one has a green lid. I won't feel bad, because I have never purchased a single refill.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter