Refillable Mugs

JesseDisney

Mouseketeer
What is up with the generic refillable mugs at the resorts?? Are they not going to be doing the mugs with the resort name on them anymore? That would be no fun at all, we always get a mug at the different resorts we stay at. Anyone know?

Which resort are you talking about? We were just at BCV March 18-23 and they had mugs with Y&BC's name on them

Donna

I saw the picture of them and the topic on the allears website page with the pictures of meet the robinsons and easter stuff. Idk anymore about it, just what i saw there. I was wonderig if anyone here had heard anymore about it.

Are you sure they're not just mugs sold at the beverage/snack carts throughout the theme parks? Those are sometimes more generic...

The DVC resorts that are not attached to Inns have a standard "DVC" refillable mug for use.. (OKW, SSR, and VB)

Last I checked HHI still had its own mug...

Those that are attached.. BWV, BCV, VWL (and maybe AKV) have mugs that reflect the resort..

This was probabily done to save on cost.. Personally, I don't like it... I always used to collect the mugs as we stayed at different resorts...

We just left SSR a couple of days ago, and they have the "generic" type mugs now. Last year they were SSR specific but not now. It is also the size of the mug at WL which I like better.

We just left SSR a couple of days ago, and they have the "generic" type mugs now. Last year they were SSR specific but not now. It is also the size of the mug at WL which I like better.

There were SSR mugs last year?! When was that? What did they look like? I thought SSR never had it's own mugs. :confused3

We went last week on a last minute trip (non-DVC) and stayed at All-Star Sports. All 3 All-Stars and it has been reported Pop and SSR have a light blue YOMD mug with 2007 on it. This change apparently just occurred within the last couple of weeks.

It has been discussed on these threads:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1400135

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1410308

Also, last summer at SSR we got a 2006 DVC mug that I assumed was also at OKW, VB, and HHI based on the fact there were symbols from all 4 of those resorts on the mug.

I really hope BCV doesn't change to the generic b/c I haven't had a chance to stay there yet and wanted a mug that said Beach Club on it!

I hope they don't bring these around to all the resorts too, however if they do I'm glad we got our WL ones last time around! (we never got the DVC ones from OKW and I didn't see any at BWV) The designs do need to be switched around yearly, or they at least need to be barcoded as in the waterparks so people will stop bring back their old ones.

That said, the YOMD ones look too cute - I now have yet another new reason to go back Disney!

There were SSR mugs last year?! When was that? What did they look like? I thought SSR never had it's own mugs. :confused3
Yes, you are right, now that I look closer at it. Not SSR specific, but it does say DVC 2006 on it. The new ones from SSR do not have any DVC markings. But at least it will fit in my cup holder now.

HHI has a resort-specific 2007 refillable mug. :goodvibes

We were at Vero last week, first week of April...they were using Fall 2006 mugs...pictures of leaves on the ground, etc. Looked generic, had little symbols for several of the resorts on it. I usually buy them, just wasn't interested.:sad2:

When we were at SS at the beginning of March I asked the store manager if they would ever have a SS mug and he said no. He also said that the ultimate plan is to have the same ones at all the resorts. I think that is crazy and will cost them a lot of money since people can use any mug anywhere!! But!!-they will probably have a system to it like at US/IOA or something where it only scans for your trip or something.

Sure it will cost them Disney money? If the year is now on them, people won't be bringing them back year after year, as I've heard that so many people do.

We were at Vero last week, first week of April...they were using Fall 2006 mugs...pictures of leaves on the ground, etc. Looked generic, had little symbols for several of the resorts on it. I usually buy them, just wasn't interested.:sad2:

Holy Cow! Those are the same mugs that had me all in a pinch on our last trip... and we were in January! Not only has Winter come, it's gone -- and Spring is here! I was ticked about the mugs! (Really, I'm not usually that easily fired up) :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter