Refillable mugs for 2022

CapnA1987

Earning My Ears
Good morning all,

I wanted to see if anyone had some answers for me regarding refillable mugs. I'm sure this is probably obvious with the dining plan going away, but is there still a means of getting refillable mugs included with resort stay or do we have to purchase them separately. For clarification sake, we will be staying in the World via DVC from 1/27-2/3.

You can't pay for them ahead of time if that's what you're asking.
But yes they are still available you just walk down and purchase them at your resort food court.

IMHO from our experience we didn't buy them, being tied to the hotel didn't make sense for us we had better value picking up some bottles or half rack of soda off property.

Does anyone know what the current price is for a refillable mug? Recently, I thought I read that soft drinks increased in price to over $4 per drink. That means that you'd only need 5 drinks (not in parks) to break even, based on what refillable mugs cost just 6 months ago, just $20.

Does anyone know how refillable mugs work with split stays? I'll have my first split stay next month - 4 resorts over the period of 20 days and a Disney cruise in the middle. Is it activated for length of stay, or for 15 days or 30 days? It'll also be my first visit during the pandemic and I've seen lots of things changing...

Does anyone know what the current price is for a refillable mug? Recently, I thought I read that soft drinks increased in price to over $4 per drink. That means that you'd only need 5 drinks (not in parks) to break even, based on what refillable mugs cost just 6 months ago, just $20.
$19.99

did not realize they were good for 21 days - seems pretty good value at $20 a pop.

It is definitely cheaper to just buy pop and have it at your hotel. However my two teens say the refillable mug is their favorite thing about wdw! So funny…they are 16 and 14! The things that kids remember!

My (now grown) daughter was just the same as a teenager - that refillable mug was always a highlight of every WDW resort stay for her, lol. So there may be some non-tangible value to be gained in those mugs outside of whether they save you money on drinks or not - just in happiness, for kids anyway. (And that's coming from a huge cheapskate).

Oh well... I kind of remembered something about 14 days, but I was hopeful for the 21 days... Thank you for reporting. I'll be prepared.
Speak nicely to the person who activates your cup and explain your situation. In the past they could do 14 day increments, so you may get someone who will make it good for 28 days. I was down for a few days in early Sept 19 and back again 3 weeks later, and the cast member made my mug good for 56 days, lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter