>> Refillable Mug FAQ <<

At POFQ now. Saw the hot pink mug at the gift store.

Also, saw red and blue mugs WITH handles at the temporary food court (on top of one of the soda fridges). Hope this helps someone!

We are staying at CSR and already bought the no handle mugs and they are a pain to carry. Not a fan at all.
I really hope this is the beginning of the return of the handles!

Also, saw red and blue mugs WITH handles at the temporary food court (on top of one of the soda fridges). Hope this helps someone!

We are staying at CSR and already bought the no handle mugs and they are a pain to carry. Not a fan at all.

Thanks for this update! I'm going in March and really really really hope there are handled mugs at that time. Your posts give me hope that they may be returning (even slowly but surely works for me!)

Darn missed them by 10 days. Only advantage to the handle less is using them in a car holder

I wonder if this is why they changed the look of the mugs. To stop people from cheating the system.
It'll only work for a short time till people bring their handle-less ones back with them! Imagine how much $$ they lost before they did the chip in the bottom... there were TONS of people cheating the system!

Thanks for info, will stop at POFQ on my way from the airport and check out for handles.

I must have the weirdest cup holders in my car, because handled cups totally work in them.

The mugs with handles have always worked fine in our cars as well (though I'm sure there are some cars that they don't fit well in), though my husband is the only one who uses them in the car. I can think of 5 different vehicles we've had that he has used his Disney mugs in and never had a problem with the handle. I will say that when he uses the mug in the car, he doesn't usually grip it by the handle -- he just wraps his hand around the actual mug. He does, however, use the handle when carrying the mug to and from the car because he's also usually carrying other things at the same time. But that's the beauty of the handled mug -- it provides the flexibility to use the handle when carrying multiple mugs or if you simply prefer to use the handle when drinking. But the mug is also completely functional if you choose not to use the handle.

It'll only work for a short time till people bring their handle-less ones back with them! Imagine how much $$ they lost before they did the chip in the bottom... there were TONS of people cheating the system!

The only thing they can actually cheat (steal) is coffee and tea though since the chip reader would prevent them from getting drinks from the fountain.
I just wish the changed the cup design more often. At least once a year would be great.

I'd like to bring our old mugs, and fill them with soda from our new mugs that are not convenient to carry because they are handleless, but them that wouldn't be convenient either. o_O

I'd like to bring our old mugs, and fill them with soda from our new mugs that are not convenient to carry because they are handleless, but them that wouldn't be convenient either. o_O
If you have old cups with handles AND the chip, the story is that they can activate the chip. It would cost the same as buying the new mugs but you would then have the handles.

Yes, I've heard that story, but my old mugs have been put into the microwave, so I don't believe that is possible.

Can someone who's there now ask a Cast Member if they know if the handles are coming back?

I think if one really wants the handles to come back, they should ask to speak to the manager in the food court area. Cashiers and wait staff have no control over what decisions are made, but if management was aware of the problems with handleless mugs perhaps something would be done.

Can someone who's there now ask a Cast Member if they know if the handles are coming back?

One of my cousins works at the POR food court and she said they have not been told if they are coming back or not. When they do ask they are told no decision has been made.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter