>> Refillable Mug FAQ <<

Man I was so Hoping to cheat the system and bring my cup from last year with me just for coffee!! Dammit!! Now they'll be on to me...

Not a fan of no handles- it's nice for the car when you get home, but stinks for carrying multiples at a time as many have said before.

Just saw a very reliable poster on another message board say they got a handled mug at Pop Century today. Both types were available. Don't know if this is just some leftover inventory or if they're starting to phase them back in (and hopefully offering both kinds to keep everyone happy).

Might be silly question...but staying at a value resort with no coffee pot has me a little panicked ;)
I can buy just a cup of coffee sans mug right? None of us drink soda or iced tea, just water, milk for kids, and a cup of coffee every morning for mom. With a 5 day stay,unless the coffees are $4/ea for plain black coffee, no mug right?

Might be silly question...but staying at a value resort with no coffee pot has me a little panicked ;)
I can buy just a cup of coffee sans mug right? None of us drink soda or iced tea, just water, milk for kids, and a cup of coffee every morning for mom. With a 5 day stay,unless the coffees are $4/ea for plain black coffee, no mug right?

Sure.

If you request a coffee pot at the front desk or by calling housekeeping they will send one with plenty of cups and coffee.

I did not know that. Thanks, Duffjk, for letting us know.

I do hope others will post if they were able to get a mug with a handle.

You can always bring your own coffee maker (ship a cheap one ahead and leave it there if you don't have room to pack it). If you decide to buy a cup every day, be sure to check the price and compare it to the mugs. If you're getting coffee on 5 days, you could be close to the "break-even" price of the mug. And keep in mind that if you have the mug, you won't have to stand in what could be a long line in the morning to pay for your coffee -- you can go straight to the refill station. Plus, if you have the mug, you at least have the option to get some type of a drink at another point in the day. In addition to soda and ice tea, there is powerade and lemonade as well as hot chocolate. My kids love getting a cup of hot chocolate every evening...even when it's 100 degrees outside. :D

Sure, but make sure the total won't be close to the mug price. A coffee is just under $3. Refill it while you're still in the food court for that meal. But for me I get caffeine in the morning and a decaf coffee at night, and so that's nearly $3 twice a day if I don't get the mug. A mug easily pays for itself. Even if you don't quite hit that mark, you also get that semi-cute mug as a souvenir.

Might be silly question...but staying at a value resort with no coffee pot has me a little panicked.

During my one-night stay at Pop earlier this year (April 2016), a cup of coffee was $2.49 plus tax.

Are you going to be using the food court to purchase breakfast too along with a daily cup of coffee? If not, and you're buying only coffee every day, keep in mind you'll have to get in line every day to make that purchase, and the lines can be long and busy depending on the time of day. Whereas having the mug in hand allows you to go directly to the coffee and skip the lines. I mention this because we tend pack our own quick breakfasts (bagels, etc.) and so I only visit the food court in the morning for coffee.

Very interested to hear if people are seeing handles return to the resorts. If not, I'm giving serious consideration to a four-cup holder I found on Amazon. Not sure if I can post external links here, but if interested, search for "CarryAround Fold Away Cup" on Amazon.

Very interested to hear if people are seeing handles return to the resorts. If not, I'm giving serious consideration to a four-cup holder I found on Amazon. Not sure if I can post external links here, but if interested, search for "CarryAround Fold Away Cup" on Amazon.

You might also want to check out the Double Duty Caddy by Thirty One. It's a more expensive than the holder on Amazon, but you can find some good deals on ebay. I've used one for our last 3 trips -- so much easier to carry the mugs that way even if they have handles. You can fit up to 6 mugs (even with handles) in the carrier. And it folds flat for storage.

Has anyone called a resort to see if they have handle mugs, like OKW

If they don't have the handled mugs anymore - do you think that the handles that you can buy on amazon that fit the travel mugs will fit?

Just got back from a week at Pop there were no handle mugs. The beginning of the week there was green red and blue but for the rest it was only blue and red. At the end of the week we saw some people from other resorts with hot pink anyone know anything about that?

Man I was so Hoping to cheat the system and bring my cup from last year with me just for coffee!! Dammit!! Now they'll be on to me...

Not a fan of no handles- it's nice for the car when you get home, but stinks for carrying multiples at a time as many have said before.
I wonder if this is why they changed the look of the mugs. To stop people from cheating the system.

At POFQ now. Saw the hot pink mug at the gift store.

Also, saw red and blue mugs WITH handles at the temporary food court (on top of one of the soda fridges). Hope this helps someone!

We are staying at CSR and already bought the no handle mugs and they are a pain to carry. Not a fan at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter