Refillable cups or Coke Freestyle

robl45

DIS Veteran
Hi,

Can I get some info on the two options for drinks? Does the Coke Freestyle still come with ICEEs? That would probably make it worth getting for the kids. Can we just get like two and share them? 4 would start to get stupid expensive.

Does anything think the refillable cups are a better deal? My kids would probably like those better, but I hate the thought of shelling out more money each time.

Coke Freestyle cups still include ICEEs.

You can share them, although keep in mind that there is a 10 minute delay before you can refill again.

We went with the Freestyles, because they are insulated (somewhat). I don't think the souvenir cups are, but I may be wrong about that. Also, refilling the Freestyle cups is generally much quicker and more convenient, since you simply walk up to a Freestyle machine, and refill your cup. With the souvenir cups, you may have to wait in line at a quick service place, then go through the trouble of paying. There is also a MUCH larger variety of drinks available from the Freestyle machines.

We're on our 3rd year with the same cups, and simply get them "recharged" daily while there. You about break even after your 2nd refill, which is easily eclipsed in a day. We even get refills before we go eat, so we don't have to pay for a drink at meal time.

Yea, but my kids would want ICEE's all the time. You'd think we deprive them. They would even have brain freeze and go back for me. How easy is it to get the ICEE's? I wish the did the freestyle in better looking cups.

Yea, but my kids would want ICEE's all the time. You'd think we deprive them. They would even have brain freeze and go back for me. How easy is it to get the ICEE's? I wish the did the freestyle in better looking cups.

Just go up to a stand that has ICEEs, give them your Freestyle cup, and tell them what flavor you want. They fill it, hand you back your full cup, and you're on your way. No problem.

You may have to deal with a line, but that's it.

Can't help with the design...it is what it is. Volcano Bay's Freestyles are a little more "creative", but still the same shape. AP holders can also get a Universal AP design.

I want to piggy back on a question to this.

My sister asked me something last night I am unsure of.

We always buy the dining deal for our first day because we do 3 broomsticks and she wants to add the freestyle cup on.

This is what I am thinking.

The first day she can get free refills of sodas and icees.

If she does not reactivate her cup on the other days, she can still have it refilled and pay the $1.25? Would that include both the sodas and the icees?

I think she should just reactivate the cup, but she is trying to "save money", so I said I would ask here.

I want to piggy back on a question to this.

My sister asked me something last night I am unsure of.

We always buy the dining deal for our first day because we do 3 broomsticks and she wants to add the freestyle cup on.

This is what I am thinking.

The first day she can get free refills of sodas and icees.

If she does not reactivate her cup on the other days, she can still have it refilled and pay the $1.25? Would that include both the sodas and the icees?

I think she should just reactivate the cup, but she is trying to "save money", so I said I would ask here.

Yes, she can just do the $1.25 refills instead of reactivating the cup, and it does include ICEEs.

Are there AP discounts on the Coke Freestyle cups?

I can't remember if we got a passholder discount when we originally bought the cups, but AP holders get $1 off reactivations...normally $7.99, passholders get them reactivated for $6.99.

You said AP holders get discounts. I was wondering if that applies to all as I know some AP's such as the florida resident seasonal doesn't include discounts on merchandise and food.

Oh I don't know for sure about that one. I can tell you for sure that we've just had Seasonal AP's since they came out year before last and they've given us the discount on reactivations, whereas we don't normally get food and merchandise discounts.

Yes, she can just do the $1.25 refills instead of reactivating the cup, and it does include ICEEs.

Thanks, that was what I was thinking, but didn't want to tell her wrong.

I guess she could save her drink credit and use it the second day. Honestly, she can have mine to as I no longer drink soda. She really likes icees.

I think she should count how many she drinks that first day and judge reactivation from there because $1.25 each would only be around 5 and I think she drinks at least 5.

But thanks again for the quick answer.

I guess she could save her drink credit and use it the second day. Honestly, she can have mine to as I no longer drink soda. She really likes icees.

I think she should count how many she drinks that first day and judge reactivation from there because $1.25 each would only be around 5 and I think she drinks at least 5.

Just FYI, but the Freestyle machines have a lot more than just sodas in them. They have lots of different flavors of teas (Fuze), many different powerade flavors, etc...

I can't remember if we got a passholder discount when we originally bought the cups, but AP holders get $1 off reactivations...normally $7.99, passholders get them reactivated for $6.99.

Thanks DBM for the quick response.

I believe Soda is that price, Icees and are like 3 dollars I believe from reading.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts